Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,663 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
Lungblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought the thread title said "poop" culture at first glance.
NewArmyAgg
was driving down the street in College Station a couple months ago, and saw a sign for Texas A&M. Then I was like WHHAAAAA!!???
ccolley68
AG
I was watching 'House Hunters' on HGTV with the wife the other day. There was a couple of Aggies, both now employed by the school, house shopping. Showed a ton of Aggie stuff on the show, including the couple pulling up to their tailgates on their Maroon and White Tailgate party bus.
kinto
In Brad Thor's book (and presumed series of books), the Athena Project, the leader of the group, Gretchen Casey, is an Aggie. Hopefully, future books will be a lot better.
t1130
AG
Lifetime Movie network runs a movie periodicslly called Texas Justice starring Heather Locklear. Cullen Davis, the murder suspect, graduated from A&M.

Also, Monster Quest always mentions A&M when they have to have samples identified or need an expert in some animal science field.
zmurda
^ true...we get love on so many science shows. I notice it a lot on ocean shows where they're studying ocean floor, etc.
CDub06
AG
quote:
Brek Shea (US Mens Soccer) is from Aggieland I believe. Didn't go to A&M though.

He was at an A&M soccer game last season. Wore a Maroon Militia (New soccer version of the Reed Rowdies) shirt:

DJTexAg14
Saw DJTexAg14 driving down the street today. Famous American and Ag, he had an A&M decal on his rear window.
zmurda
^ dewshy
cannonfodder02
AG
Didn't read previous 10 pages, but was watching Prison Break Season 2 Espisode 20. The brothers take a ship down to Panama. The boat was one of the clippers from TAMU Galveston. Has "Texas Aggies" in bright white on the top.

Also, A Few Good Men.
Saxsoon
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsd3E1kGlbU

Michael Chen is an Aggie on Masterchef, only a freshman. Starts at 5:06. They really liked him.

[This message has been edited by Marsuvees (edited 6/12/2012 1:29a).]
Gundren
Saw Texas A&M show up on a March Madness bracket on "How I Met Your Mother". Looks like they had us losing in the first round.
QuesoMuchacho
AG
Brek Shea's dad is a prof in the Kine dept.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I met Joey Chestnut at an A&M Tailgate... the Hot Dog Eating Champ of the world I have a pic of it too
heddy Lamarr
AG
best little *****house in texas

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=aggies+best+little+*****house&mid=3AFD55DDD81CE0CF785F3AFD55DDD81CE0CF785F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1
Beezy2389
AG
Shea's mom is also a yoga instructor here
PetroAg87
AG
quote:
Apprentice 1 in 2002 or so had 3 Aggies among the contestants including one who played football for our team.
No, there was only a single contestant from A&M, a guy named Bowie. And he didn't play football for us.

There was also a contestant from Texas A&M on the first season of "The Mole".

And don't forget the guy with the dreadlocks (Jason Castro?) from American Idol who was an Aggie.
rocky the dog
AG
SIAP

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/11/texas_am_trebek_jeopardy.php
Scotch
AG
In Season 4 of The Apprentice there were two Aggies. One was a former football player, Chris Valletta, another, Clay Lee, had not finished at A&M because he was wanted to focus on Real Estate, iirc.
johncAG
AG
Kyle field was used as a point of reference on "United Stats of America" on History Channel
Brock Sampson
AG
Lady in the background of the Man vs Food show wearing an A&M hat. He was trying to dominated some 10 plate Italian meal and couldn't finish the last plate.
SEC
I remember talking to Brek's mom when he was playing for the U17 team, glad to see that being in Florida has paid off for him
bac
AG
quote:
Lady in the background of the Man vs Food show wearing an A&M hat. He was trying to dominated some 10 plate Italian meal and couldn't finish the last plate.

What city?
Brock Sampson
AG
^ Niagara Falls
Scotch
AG
Current lead singer for a legendary band seen wearing a "Texas Aggies" shirt. Details on Premium.
zeppelin09
AG
New lead singer for Journey wore Texas Aggies shirt at their concert in houston
gfred
The girl on American Hoggers wears an ATM belt buckle.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
There was a thread about Journey here yesterday.
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2136585&forum_id=5

But I'll probably go ahead and buy stars to learn all the juicy details on premium.
FBCoach
AG
I did not read all the other pages, but here are a few: Rick Trevino in one of his videos pointed at his Aggie cap,Back to the Future mentioned us beating TCU, and Friday Night Lights when Smash had a tryout and received a scholarship.
FBCoach
AG
Brek went to Bryan High, but went to a soccer development academy later.
Athena_09
AG
I can't believe no one has posted that the second most famous dog and most famous fictional dog Hank the Cowdog had a vet that was an Aggie. It is referenced in the Case of the Double Bumblebee Sting.
texaggie7
Lead singer from journey last night worn an A&M shirt
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
I can't believe no one has posted that the second most famous dog and most famous fictional dog Hank the Cowdog had a vet that was an Aggie. It is referenced in the Case of the Double Bumblebee Sting.

I am amazed as well that no one has mentioned this!
El Tigre
quote:
Lead singer from journey last night worn an A&M shirt

Don't tell all of these poor people! That's premium board info.
Scotch
AG
quote:
There was a thread about Journey here yesterday.
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2136585&forum_id=5

But I'll probably go ahead and buy stars to learn all the juicy details on premium.
I said "details" on Premium. As is often the case the Zoo gets the general news, but Premium gets you the back story. I enjoy both forums, but am very happy I have stars. Extremely good value for the money.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.