Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,654 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
bco2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have nothing to add, but good thread.
LeftyHound
AG
Disclaimer: My wife watches this show and called me in from the living room to see this part.

...On 16 & Pregnant, there is a chick from Lewisville, TX. The baby daddy is wearing an Aggie hoodie when they are arguing at one point.
deadhead aggie
AG
maggie (janine turner) wore an A&M sweatshirt in an episode of Northern Exposure.....
MaggieD
In the original Star Wars, Darth Vader kills the Captin of the ship in the opening scene. Sure looks like he was wearing Senior Boots.
chico
AG
Comedy movie "What's Up, Doc" starring Barbra Streisand & Ryan O'Neill. Streisand's character is a goofy whirlwind. She mentions that she briefly attended Texas A&M, among other schools.
AgBrad08
One of finalist for American Idol was an aggie a few years ago.

In the movie Friday Night Lights, they mention coming to college station before deciding on the astrodome for the final game.
wuz
Apprentice 1 in 2002 or so had 3 Aggies among the contestants including one who played football for our team.
jturner181
AG
Best Little *****house in Texas...

dozens of Aggies coming in/out of that place.
Burdizzo
AG
Jimmy Buffet Video - Who's the Blond Stranger, circa 1985

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1l0VLDb3o
Scotch
AG
Tom Delay on Dancing with the Stars was wearing an A&M shirt during rehearsals, can't seem to find a pic on google...

A minor character in Brokeback Mountain went to Texas A&M.

Rupart Jee, from the Hello Deli, sometimes wears an A&M sweatshirt on David Letterman. Of course he must gets gifts from many college fans and he wears those, too.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Rip Torn is not an Aggie, he started at A&M but transferred to Texas. He consideres himself a Longhorn.

That would be like claiming T. Boone Pickens is an Aggie
Ragnar Danneskjold
if tu gets michelle beedle we get eva longoria
2 thumbs up
AG
Dick Butkus was wearing an Aggie jersey when he made 'The Hit' on that TCU receiver.
Burdizzo
AG
quote:
Dick Butkus was wearing an Aggie jersey when he made 'The Hit' on that TCU receiver.

It was Buckley.
aggie.devil
AG
In Stephen King's "The Stand", the first part is based in fictional Arnette, TX. Here's a quote about one of the characters from Arnette.

"... he had covered himself with glory as quarterback of the regional high school team, had gone on to Texas A&M with an athletic scholarship, and had played for ten years with the Green Bay Packers, mostly as a second-string quarterback but on several memorable occasions as the starter."

Was Stephen King channeling Stephen McGee???
BobOliver2006
AG
UGK's "Tell Me Something Good" video from back in 92... Pimp C has the old school TAMU shirt thru the whole video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96z3udmE14
ColoradoMooseHerd
Aggie Devil

Think Gary Kubiak
ColoradoMooseHerd
Julia Roberts in Best Friends Wedding. She said an unkind line about College Station
2 thumbs up
AG
The sergeant in Hill Street Blues dated a girl that played softball for A&M.
B6Aggie
AG
From Skymall

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=203488476&c=10280
Bonfire96
AG
julia roberts probably doesn't like College Station because her ex-husband is Lyle Lovett
Sex Panther
AG
An episode of King of the Hill when Hank goes to South Padre with his mom and her friends not realizing its Spring Break. Talks to two college guys one wearing a Longhorn shirt, the other an Aggie one. Pretty sure he asks the Aggie how the team is looking that year.

I think it was second season of True Blood, one of the main characters makes friends with a guy who talks about how he played football at A&M. That guy later blows himself up Jihad style to take out a bunch of vampires. That made me proud to be an Aggie.
chick79
AG
In Stephen King's The Stand, the main character, Stu (?) was best friends with a guy who played football for A&M.........

oops... Aggie Devil beat me....!

[This message has been edited by chick79 (edited 11/6/2010 10:30a).]
namrehs300
I've heard architecture students claim the old man character in the movie Up is based on one of the architecture profs. No doubt from Pixar workers from the VizLab.
Scotch
AG
(Chick realized it)

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 11/6/2010 10:31a).]
speck
AG
quote:
Apprentice 1 in 2002 or so had 3 Aggies among the contestants including one who played football for our team.
Are you referring to Chris Valletta who was on about the 3rd season or so? Back when it suddenly became vogue to bring only 1 person back to the boardroom, Chris tried it and lost.
FAST FRED
AG
Linda Lovelace of "Deep Throat" was supposed to have turned tricks in a trailer parked behind Nezzie's Roadhouse which once stood on the NW corner of Hwys. 6 and 21.

This was after my time at Aggieland, but I heard she wrote about it in her autobiography.

Probably only a legend.

Her Wikipedia entry doesn't confirm her ever being in Bryan.

Gig 'em, FAST FRED '65.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Cicatriz
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC9oPseyKCE&feature=related

In 0:26, possibly Saw Em Off sail???
HeyMoe
AG
* There is a clip of an A&M-UH game in the movie "Lone Star".

* The Aggies in "Best Little *****house" (Cringe)

* John Savage's character in the movie "Salvador" briefly wears an Aggie cap.

* Julia Roberts takes a cheap shot at College Station in one of her stinko movies, I forget which, she's made so many.

* A really awful Bear Bryant biopic starring Gary Busey was filmed at A&M in the late 70s.

* The Junction Boys movie, of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dough
quote:
Rip Torn is not an Aggie, he started at A&M but transferred to Texas. He consideres himself a Longhorn.

That would be like claiming T. Boone Pickens is an Aggie

Thank you! I was going to point this out myself. Rip Torn is NOT an Aggie!!!!

Also, the "Sully" monster urban legend is just that. He did not get his name due to Sul Ross.
I believe the "Saw 'em off" flag on the ship in Troy has been disproven as well.

Finally, I wish you people would learn to read threads before posting. How many of these things have been posted 3 or 4 times?!?!
thats what I do
AG
Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett were in CS quite a bit during their marriage. I think I was the only student that didn't run into them at some point.

Rip Torn actually does still pull for A&M and t.u. both--I've heard him say it. He was in town for an event that the local news in Austin was covering and he walked up to the camera and said "Gig 'em Aggies!" My understand was that he transferred because there were more actor-types coming out of t.u.
Ragnar Danneskjold
Aggie, best seller, and member of the National Radio Broadcaster's Hall of Fame Neal Boortz mentions the Aggies all the time, as well as his hate for the sips.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 11/6/2010 11:14a).]
agfromlbk
AG
quote:
UGK's "Tell Me Something Good" video from back in 92... Pimp C has the old school TAMU shirt thru the whole video

wow, I never knew this, he was already one of my all time favs....this just cemented his status
HBCanine08
AG
There's a congressman that was in D-2. Can't remember his name to save my life right now.
twolff18
AG
quote:
I believe the "Saw 'em off" flag on the ship in Troy has been disproven as well.

Really? I have seen this in the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.