Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

355,773 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by _mpaul
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As a way to kill time before the big game...

I was watching "25 Biggest TV Blunders" and noticed a Texas A&M cap prominently in the backgroud of a picture used while the blunder was discussed. This random sighting got me to thinking about other appearances and references to Texas A&M in unexpected places.

Here's a few to start:

Best Little *****house in Texas (no need to post link)
the famous Snoop Dogg rap
CSI character Nick Stokes went to Texas A&M, actor George Eads went to Texas Tech.
BBYD09
AG
The simpsons go aggies cotton bowl reference
jrh1524
In the Y: The Last Man comic book, the guy that raped the main character's sister was wearing a Texas A&M T-Shirt!
Dough
The Ramones were fans:

This dude from the Chuck Norris movie "Sidekicks"

Wyatt from Weird Science taught at A&M for a few years after he grew up.

Elliot from ET attended A&M briefly.

The opening scene of "The Last Boyscout" contains footage of A&M's Holiday Bowl appearance when we killed Detmer.

Billy Bob Thornton's character in Intolerable Cruelty was an Aggie. Owner of "Doyle Oil"
John Maplethorpe
AG
A&M drill team
Opening credits
A FEW GOOD MEN
Face
AG
HoyaSaxa
There was some coca-cola commercial with Fake football Aggie catching a pass over Fake Purdue DB.

My Best Friend's Wedding:
"You're going to places like College Station, Texas"
Beach Bum
I heard there were A&M references in Pixar movies.. or Dreamworks.. I dont remember right now. Cuz one of the creators was an Ag.
tripperwill
AG
Dancer, Texas pop. 81- there was guy carrying an Aggie umbrella in a part of the movie. I think the director might have been an Aggie.
GordonBombay
AG
Dog the Bounty Hunter talked about A&M in one of his episodes. He said it was the best school in Texas and his nephew went there or something like that.
Amos Burton
In "Varsity Blues" the running back mentioned how the coach (Jon Voight) wouldn't call A&M for him.
oldjohnny
Married with Children.

Episode: Damn Bundy's

Look at the first 40 seconds of the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbShj9n44KM

3rdGen2015
AG
On one of my tours at A&M, our tour guide said that the character "Sully" from Monster's Inc was named after Sul Ross. Apparently, an Aggie is a pretty high up in Pixar.
GoneGirl
AG
Elliot from ET (Henry Thomas) did NOT attend A&M - he was going to Blinn, but he did live in CS. His girlfriend was at A&M and he wanted a school he could come and go from should he pick up a movie roll (which he did. He was young Norman Bates in Psycho III, and was in Legends of the Fall) He was a friend at the time.

There is a reference to A&M @ the beginning of Stephen King's "The Stand" - the book not the movie.

They list an A&M score in Back to the Future.

Obviously, We've Never Been Licked was partially filmed on campus.

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 11/6/2010 12:11a).]
Menartx
AG
Little People Big World. Amy Roloff wears an Aggie t-shirt or was it a hoodie and Jimmy Buffet wore one on one of video's in the 80's.
Amos Burton
Top 10 Dogs in Pop Culture:

quote:
Top 10 Dogs in Pop Culture:

1. Snoopy
2. Texas A&M’s Reveille
3. Scooby Doo
4. Eddie from the TV show Frasier
5. Pound Puppy toys
6. Painting "Dogs Playing Poker"
7. Song "How Much is that Doggie in the Window"
8. Georgetown’s Jack the Bulldog
9. The song "Who Let the Dogs Out"
10. Brian Griffin from the animated TV show Family Guy

http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4027

RhinoVic
Rip Torn is an Aggie. Class of '52. Probably one of the most notable Aggie actors.
GoneGirl
AG
And there are several Aggies at Pixar
quote:
More than 30 graduates of the A&M VizLab work in the technical-arts departments at Pixar that create the studio's films. Each year, two VizLab graduate students receive Pixar Aggie Scholarships based on their creative work. The Pixar Aggie Scholarship was established by Aggie Pixar employees who funded it by pooling donations and taking advantage of Pixar’s corporate matching.

OilfieldAg
Also in Varsity Blues, the West Canaan band plays the War Hymn at the pep rally.
Scientific
AG

nomadic_ag
AG
The scene in Troy when the boat comes with the "horns down" as their flag sign.
bigmoneytexas

Rip Torn is an Aggie. Class of '52. Probably one of the most notable Aggie actors.

Isn't he the guy who was so drunk that he broke into a bank because he thought it was his house?
RhinoVic
That would be he. Still dunking his ring I suppose.
Element_AG
AG
This was back when I was in school, during the heyday of Aggie Football. Rappers thought it was cool to wear A&M stuff...mainly becuase of the Wrecking Crew.

N2Deep--Back to the Hotel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtRyrOaoZA&ob=av3e

Sorry for the Vevo video...it was the only one I could find. Watch from about 0:37 throughout the rest of the video.

[This message has been edited by Element_AG (edited 11/6/2010 1:07a).]
GregZeppelin
AG
HEY!!!

Rip Torn is the head of a secret government agency that monitors and polices alien activity on Earth.

THAT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE!!!!

Give the guy a freaking break!!!!
Rusty Aha
AG

[This message has been edited by TampaBayAg (edited 12/24/2013 7:00p).]
Rusty Aha
AG

[This message has been edited by TampaBayAg (edited 12/24/2013 7:00p).]
aggies1960
movie roll... Oh Elsie!
Brock Sampson
AG
The running back from Friday Night Lights (the show) is being recruited by A&M. I think it showed Kyle Field on the show or something.
mazag08
AG
Not the best pub.. but we made Conan back in the day..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXkwPxI2YzA&p=4033E20F762F3A86&playnext=1&index=20

a little NSFW
Raven
S
Has no one mentioned the Best Little *****house in Texas....lots of Aggie stuff in the play and movie...oops should have read completely the opening thread...my bad...too early on a gameday morning.....lets be loud tonight...

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 11/6/2010 6:34a).]
Old Main
AG
In Lone Star the sports obsessed ex-wife is watching an aTm football game and says something about how she hopes the Aggies win.

http://twitter.com/aTmSECede

aggiesq
AG
W.E.B. Griffin's book series The Presidential Agent has a prominent character who is an Aggie and former corps member. Lots of positive A&M mentions in each book.
Line up and wait 18L
Closing credits of National Lampoon's European Vacation shows Clayton Williams' Senior Boot pool and aTm astroturf in his backyard.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
movie roll... Oh Elsie!

Well, his comment to us, when he made Legends of the Fall, was - "Well, I'm in love with the same girl as Brad Pitt, so of course, I HAVE to die."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.