Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,676 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
Scotch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had high hopes for this thread, but no one has even mentioned that Zach and Elliott went to Texas A&M...
Scotch
AG
Scott Glenn is wearing an Aggie cap in the movie, "The River" from earlie 80's.

damn, staff fixed the glitch, I was makiing it look like I was the first to post this observation...

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 11/8/2010 11:35a).]
Double A
AG
Unless I missed it, six pages and still no reference to the movie 'We've Never Been Licked"? Ca. 1943.

Double A
AG
Yep, I missed it.....
GoneGirl
AG
Only on pages 1 and 5...

[This message has been edited by TxElsie (edited 11/8/2010 11:33a).]
Stasco
AG
Why oh why has NO ONE even mentioned Revenge of the Nerds.

That was filmed at Kyle Field, you know...
xfactor91
OMG---Revenge of the Nerds...I always thought that seen was filmed at Kyle!
xfactor91
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNj7sgrKlk&p=D4F00FD73E0F90E9&playnext=1&index=58

The west side of Kyle looks correct, the East side looks incorrect. Also, they filmed this scene in AZ, but added Kyle in the back.

Worm01
AG
Great, now the tards are out to f up another good thread.
xfactor91
Still don't know if that is correct or not...east side isn't Kyle.
jteagle
AG
At this point we will start over and just re-post everything again as if it was the very first time!
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:
Haha, I remember that one now. I took it as a compliment. Does A&M actually have a "meat" team like that?

In response to the King of the Hill, Texas A&F meats judging team. That is a reference to us, we have one of the best Meat Judging teams in the country. I am currently on the junior team until next week as the senior team is at their last contest, the national championsip, this week. Just thought yall might want to know that.
MosesRAB-93
AG
Ditto on Elliott not a student - was my neighbor at Walden Pond thru some great parties. Good times...
TXRed75
AG
About 1:45 into this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv_O-ajfL1Y

I remember seeing a guy wearing an Aggie cap in a Coke commercial in 2003 thinking it was funny we were "featured" in a commercial as bad as the team was that year. Can't find it.

Caliber
AG
How about Chuck Norris having his ranch down in Navasota and heading into College Station a fair amount to shop and go out to eat.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
At the end of European Vacation, there is a montage of photos. One of them has a picture of a swimming pool with an Aggie logo at the bottom of it.

I am not making this up.
Caliber
AG
quote:
At the end of European Vacation, there is a montage of photos. One of them has a picture of a swimming pool with an Aggie logo at the bottom of it.

I am not making this up.

Page 6, meet page 1...

quote:
Closing credits of National Lampoon's European Vacation shows Clayton Williams' Senior Boot pool and aTm astroturf in his backyard.
MouthBQ98
AG
Whoops, mine's on page 5...

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 11/8/2010 1:35p).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
that rick trevino thing was the gheyest thing ive ever seen, and Ive seen colt mccoy.
saw em off
Haven't read every post, but just in case, Julia Roberts' mention of College Station, TX in "My Best Friend's Wedding"
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

that rick trevino thing was the gheyest thing ive ever seen, and Ive seen colt mccoy.

+1. That was disgusting.
TXRed75
AG
Hey I didn't film the video, just remember seeing it on TNN back in the day.
Caliber
AG
Holy crap that video is gay, but there is also another A&M hat in it at 3:03 during the fight scene, right side...
AggieRAGE
AG
one of Triumph, the comic insult dog's skits have a shoutout to Texas A&M. Around 1:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXkwPxI2YzA
Worm01
AG
Yeah, I think Rick Trevino went to A&M-Kingsville, but I've also heard he went to Blinn for a little bit and lived in CS. I know he had some family at A&M.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Spoke with Rick Trevino and he claims to have gone to A&M in college station
Worm01
AG
He may have for a semester or so. I knew a cousin of his and he's supposedly a really good dude.

Also, Mark Chestnut filmed a video at Chilifest one year.

But, we're getting away from what most would consider "pop culture" at this point.
Human
AG
Triumph video is the most Random reference!!!

Wow!!
JPAggie2010
AG
One episode of Malcom in the Middle has one of the jock's that gets tutored by malcom. The show ends with the jock eventually get a scholarship to play football at Texas A&M University
AggieRAGE
AG
The Triumph reference was very random.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
quote:

In response to the King of the Hill, Texas A&F meats judging team. That is a reference to us, we have one of the best Meat Judging teams in the country. I am currently on the junior team until next week as the senior team is at their last contest, the national championsip, this week. Just thought yall might want to know that.

They like to be called meat gazers...true story.
RyanLeaf
Sorry if its been mentioned but in Sublimes music video "What i Got", theres a picture of Brad Nowell with an A&M shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4
spherical
AG
REK concert in va last night. mentioned his texas aggies quite a few times, and gave a guy in an OU hat a bit of a hard time

shook randy rogers hand (opened for them), he saw my ring and said "good man" and shot me a horns down... pretty sure he was a bobcat tho
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:
They like to be called meat gazers...true story.

Wrong again.
yawny06
AG
There is a JAG episode where a Navy pilot who is on trial states he went to Texas A&M.

"First in Sight, Ready to Fight"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.