Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,660 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
TX scallywAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As someone mentioned earlier, Smash Adams in the Friday Night Lights series walks on to A&M. They show his first practice which is inside Kyle Field (lol).

Was watching S5 E12 last night, they were in a bar and showed a clip running on the TV. Smash running in a TD for the Ags and called him "Smash the Aggie."

Was always interesting to me all the other colleges mentioned in the TV series where fictional such as TMU being t.u. and Oklahoma Tech being OSU, but A&M obviously gave them permission to use our name, branding, etc.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Didn't see it mentioned in the past couple of pages but in Marcus Luttrell's book Lone Survivor, he specifically mentions his friends who were Aggies that came over and helped his family out when everyone still thought he was KIA on that op. Very small mention on page 269 of the paperback version, but I thought it was a nice move on his part, and cool to see A&M in his book (and yes I do know that he is a Sam Houston grad).
Marcus and Morgan are my cousins on my Mom's side. Family has been in Robertson County since just after the Civil War. Aggie supporters and many of us went to A&M.
Fredd
AG
There is an episode of New Girl where they are watching A&M at OU from a few years back.. I'm guessing the 2009 or 2011 game ( we played at OU on odd years IIRC)
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
As someone mentioned earlier, Smash Adams in the Friday Night Lights series walks on to A&M. They show his first practice which is inside Kyle Field (lol).

Was watching S5 E12 last night, they were in a bar and showed a clip running on the TV. Smash running in a TD for the Ags and called him "Smash the Aggie."

Was always interesting to me all the other colleges mentioned in the TV series where fictional such as TMU being t.u. and Oklahoma Tech being OSU, but A&M obviously gave them permission to use our name, branding, etc.
*Williams.

I think? It's been several years since I've watched it though.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Was watching Jeopardy the other day and the answer was this is where George W Bush's library is located. The contestant guessed A&M.
wisdom
AG
SchizoAg
AG
Frasier Crane sings the Aggie War Hymn
Worm01
AG
The NBC Dateline mystery of the week that airs on Sunday nights was called the Carrollton plot, and involved a guy named John Franklin Howard hiring a bunch of East Texas rednecks to murder his wife. There were several photos of him at Kyle Field with the band in the background posing with some buddy in Aggie gear. I couldn't find him in the Former Student directory, so guess he went as a guest.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Frasier Crane sings the Aggie War Hymn

The Real Maroon Blood
AG
quote:
This was back when I was in school, during the heyday of Aggie Football. Rappers thought it was cool to wear A&M stuff...mainly becuase of the Wrecking Crew.

N2Deep--Back to the Hotel

Sorry for the Vevo video...it was the only one I could find. Watch from about 0:37 throughout the rest of the video.

[This message has been edited by Element_AG (edited 11/6/2010 1:07a).]
Classic baseball cap.... No bevel. Back when were fresh, dawg.
DG-Ag
AG
quote:
The NBC Dateline mystery of the week that airs on Sunday nights was called the Carrollton plot, and involved a guy named John Franklin Howard hiring a bunch of East Texas rednecks to murder his wife. There were several photos of him at Kyle Field with the band in the background posing with some buddy in Aggie gear. I couldn't find him in the Former Student directory, so guess he went as a guest.
Saw that as well.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Sorry if already mentioned, but the character in Pain and Gain that was the gym owner is/was (think he died in prison) an Aggie. Aggie degree in background of this scene

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/pain-and-gain-rob-corddry.jpg
Scotch
AG
I believe that is a new entry, thanks!
SBISA Victim
AG
They just mentioned Texas A&M on South Park, but I just kind of barely caught it so I don't know the context.
CTR14
PC PRINCIPAL BRO FROM TEXAS A&M! Lol
RoosterAg12
AG
Saw that...I laughed.
Sex Panther
AG
***** WE MADE IT!
Ridge14
quote:
They just mentioned Texas A&M on South Park, but I just kind of barely caught it so I don't know the context.

Lmao wtf

Is this real life?

I have to catch this after the debate now.
FightingAggie
AG
If Jeopardy counts, two years ago a friend of mine was on College Jeopardy and wore a Aggie sweatshirt every game through the final round.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Didn't get a good look, and SIAP, but in the "Neighbors" episode of New Girl, one of the characters is shown watching what appeared to be an A&M/OU game on television. TAMU was wearing white helmets.
SAR Ag
mentioned in the 1970 movie "What's Up Doc" with Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Striesand. Positive context.
FightingAggie
AG
There are 4 posts above you referencing South Park...
Ridge14
quote:
There are 4 posts above you referencing South Park...

And?
Aggie Avalanche
The Simpsons.

In the Episode of Season 17, Episode 17: Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore.

Homer is sent to India to work at the plant, there he meets Apu's relative. The relative works as an "outsource" to a Marriott in Fort Worth.

"Dallas/Ft. Worth Marriot, how can I help ya'll? Why we have a Cotton Bowl Special, GO AGGIES!"

WHOOP!
Human
AG
This was in a Delta airlines in flight magazine this month:

KW Driver
quote:
Sorry if already mentioned, but the character in Pain and Gain that was the gym owner is/was (think he died in prison) an Aggie. Aggie degree in background of this scene

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/pain-and-gain-rob-corddry.jpg
Nice rack to the right of the diploma.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't think it can be mentioned enough

Texas A&M's greatest alumni and favorite son...

FightingAggie
AG
Grinder has us playing OU....on Thanksgiving.
Nick Toohey
AG
Didn't expect to see this here.
Scotch
AG
Can you point out where there was an Aggie sighting in the video? Thanks in advance.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Ball cap
Scotch
AG
Ah, I was wondering about the cap but couldn't read it until the second viewing. Thanks.
BombayAg
One of the best threads!
C2 Ag 93
quote:
On one of my tours at A&M, our tour guide said that the character "Sully" from Monster's Inc was named after Sul Ross. Apparently, an Aggie is a pretty high up in Pixar.
From what I know, true story.
loper2233
Just found a great A&M reference in pop culture... Considering where I found it and that this is a Texas A&M message board, I doubt it is on here already. Might not ever be (lol).

In the most recent Noam Chomsky documentary, Requiem For The American Dream (haha told ya), there is a scene around 58 mins in where Reed Arena is plastered over several TVs on display in a store. If I weren't a Former Student that loved Aggie hoops I may not have noticed but it's Reed. Can see the Block T with the star in the middle of it, maroon outlined court, and "Aggies" on the baseline. The "Aggies" is a little blurred but it's definitely Reed Arena. Looks like a more recent game too as the court is the lighter colored wood and not the brown stain that we used to have in the mid-2000s.

I thought it was pretty cool. Especially given it's Noam Chomsky and the popularity of this documentary around the world.

Gig Em, MIT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.