BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

493,359 Views | 2181 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TyHolden
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it a Papa Murphy's concept?
Roxie146
I miss Papa Murphy's- but have no idea until I try it or someone else pipes in who has
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
RafterAg223 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I'm confused on the Cochon and Napa Flats. The 2 are owned by separate people aren't they? Or wad Cochon always a partnership with Napa people and is only now getting a new branding?

Both are owned by the individual that owns Napa Flats. There was some collaboration on the french concept with the chef/owner of 1860.

Ahh gotcha. I thought the 1860 chef owned Cochon.
VAXMaster
AG
Had dinner at Cochon last night. They have the new name on the building but haven't updated the menu. Someone said they were waiting on the pizza oven install. I'm a huge fan of Napa Flats, I think it the best value (quality food for the dollar) in town but the Cochon experience yesterday wasn't good. Server was completely overwhelmed, didn't write anything down and messed up our order, we didn't see her from the time she took our order until we had been finished eating for over 15 minutes. Food was okay but not the quality we expected. Hope it was a one off.
halibut sinclair
TLIAC said:

maroon barchetta said:

trouble said:

The new shipwreck is open

Approach from the west if you want to be able to get there.
Or if you approach from the east, take a left on Cavitt at the light, take your first right on Elm and it will be a block west on your right. You can pull into the parking lot. Super easy, if you plan.

Coming from the east, there is also a median cut on Villa Maria right onto Crane St. and into the parking lot.
AggiePhil
AG
1860 Italia: Johnny Poche & John Harvey Slocum
Le Petit Cochon: Johnny Poche & Tom Kenney
Napa Flats: Tom Kenney & Tony Abdalla

Someone correct me if I'm off.
oklaunion
VAXMaster said:

Had dinner at Cochon last night. They have the new name on the building but haven't updated the menu. Someone said they were waiting on the pizza oven install. I'm a huge fan of Napa Flats, I think it the best value (quality food for the dollar) in town but the Cochon experience yesterday wasn't good. Server was completely overwhelmed, didn't write anything down and messed up our order, we didn't see her from the time she took our order until we had been finished eating for over 15 minutes. Food was okay but not the quality we expected. Hope it was a one off.
I have seldom had a server who relied on their memory to take orders get it right.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Was Palo Alto dip on the menu?
trouble
AG
It's on the new one on the website!
Collectonian
Roxie146 said:

I'd also like an update on Heat Ups - their website needs a bit of explanation on what they are actually doing - ? Frozen meals? Or Fresh? May try it just for ease! Ie hard to cook for just 2! And not spend hours in the kitchen!
They apparently fresh-made in-house, aimed at being healthy and "macro friendly", then frozen for microwaving or oven cooking. It looks like you can also get fresh ones in store (or will soon, they have a "cafe" opening on the 1st in the store), so might be a way to try without doing a big order.

I agree; the website really needs a better explanation of it all (and ingredient lists/allergen warnings). I had to dig through their FB to get a good idea of it. Shipped order are of course pre-frozen and packed with dry ice. They ship outside of Texas which is cool.
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
Roxie146
Thanks - I may try them !
TyHolden
AG
AggiePhil said:

1860 Italia: Johnny Poche & John Harvey Slocum
Le Petit Cochon: Johnny Poche & Tom Kenney
Napa Flats: Tom Kenney & Tony Abdalla

Someone correct me if I'm off.
Is Poche's also Johnny Poche and Slocum? I've seen RC in there a couple times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.