BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

464,964 Views | 2101 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Hornbeck
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JeepWaveEarl said:

When will LaBodega open?

Will it matter? Worst location ever! In BCS, location matters most.
australopithecus robustus
I don't see an issue with the location. It's clustered with other popular restaurants (directly across from Casa do Brasil and right next to RX Pizza) and it's got a very popular, well-known name. Everybody knows where these and other restaurants like Marfa are on that corridor.....
Rex Racer
AG
Spiderpig said:

So that back entrance to the garage and Century Square will be gone?

No
JMac03
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

I don't see an issue with the location. It's clustered with other popular restaurants (directly across from Casa do Brasil and right next to RX Pizza) and it's got a very popular, well-known name. Everybody knows where these and other restaurants like Marfa are on that corridor.....

It's convenient for me.
KidDoc
AG
phillytex24 said:

JeepWaveEarl said:

When will LaBodega open?

There is nothing wrong with that location. Most of the restaurants in that area are doing well as far as I can tell.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tailgate88
AG
I remember when this board said south CS would never be able to support a Saltgrass.
PS3D
phillytex24 said:

JeepWaveEarl said:

When will LaBodega open?

Is this supposed to be a joke or did you actually take the "too far away from the bypass" memes seriously?
trouble
AG
phillytex24 said:

JeepWaveEarl said:

When will LaBodega open?

Are you confused as to which location they are using?
Hornbeck
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I remember when this board said south CS would never be able to support a Saltgrass.

Just the lolpoors that can't afford to live down south. /s
maroon barchetta
PS3D said:

phillytex24 said:

JeepWaveEarl said:

When will LaBodega open?

Is this supposed to be a joke or did you actually take the "too far away from the bypass" memes seriously?

It is quite a ways from the bypass.
Captn_Ag05
AG

Quote:

Northgate is tacking on two new additions to the local street of bars with renovations to the existing building.

What used to be Toku 12 will soon become three levels of three separate experiences. The first floor is expected to become a boba shop for student use and the second and third levels will be brand new bars owned by Aggies.

Baumhaus, a jungle themed night club will make up the second floor of the building, and First Down, a rooftop sports bar, will be on the third floor.

"What we're trying to do here is revolutionize the whole building," said Rafael Hernandez, bar owner. "It's gonna be... Something completely different than College Station's ever seen before."

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/07/25/northgate-introduces-2-new-bars-after-renovations/
phillytex24

Oh! That might be better. I thought it was in the other Mad Taco location.

Sadly that location was in what's called a forgotten spot. You can't see it from the road, it's hard to get into that location due to medians. It's a major reason Mad Taco closed.

It should do very well in SoCo!
trouble
AG
Are you talking about the location TacoBar is in? They've been open for 2 years there now..

The medians didn't have anything to do with that location closing.
chickencoupe16
AG
trouble said:

Are you talking about the location TacoBar is in? They've been open for 2 years there now..

The medians didn't have anything to do with that location closing.
I don't know that I agree with him, but I am down for the median hate! And the medians do make it hell to leave without pre-planning your exit strategy.
trouble
AG
They didn't have anything to do with that location of MadTaco and then MadMelts closing though.
chickencoupe16
AG
trouble said:

They didn't have anything to do with that location of MadTaco and then MadMelts closing though.
Hence the "I don't know that I agree with him, but..." portion of my post.
trouble
AG
Medians don't bother me. I'm usually trying to turn right to leave places anyway. Or go out to a smaller street.
BiochemAg97
AG
trouble said:

Medians don't bother me. I'm usually trying to turn right to leave places anyway. Or go out to a smaller street.

That's because you previously lived in a place where major streets were divided with medians and already knew how to deal with stuff like that.
NotJPMorgan
AG
trouble said:

I'm with you. Most of the people who complain about the medians are the ones they were designed to protect. I guess everyone has forgotten the hellscape that was University without medians. Hate the inconvenience all you want, but they do their job.
FlyRod
Not sure if this is a "comings" or not, but folks from the now closed Village are doing some kind of meal kit thing you can sign up for. Beyond that I know nothing about it but here's the link:

https://www.artalleyproductions.com/noms-of-the-week
NotJPMorgan said:

trouble said:

I'm with you. Most of the people who complain about the medians are the ones they were designed to protect. I guess everyone has forgotten the hellscape that was University without medians. Hate the inconvenience all you want, but they do their job.

I find them very convenient if you know how to use them. This little town hates growing up....

Many of them are dedicated turns right where you want to go. I never really hear anyone talking about that. Guess it's not something to complain about lol.
TyHolden
AG
Charpie
AG
trouble said:

I remember you and I having this conversation. If people can't navigate through medians, then I don't know what to tell you. It's freaking easy. Of course, I always drive through major cities for work. They don't bother me at all here.
Hittag1492
AG
Charpie said:

trouble said:

I remember you and I having this conversation. If people can't navigate through medians, then I don't know what to tell you. It's freaking easy. Of course, I always drive through major cities for work. They don't bother me at all here.

I believe people can navigate through them. You must also admit that medians can hinder if not properly placed/used to get the desired outcome. Putting medians EVERYWHERE is not typical and would also not be recommended. The medians as done in BCS are ridiculous with no true planned outcome that makes any sense. Other than that, they are great.
GSS

NotJPMorgan said:

trouble said:

I find them very convenient if you know how to use them. This little town hates growing up....

Many of them are dedicated turns right where you want to go. I never really hear anyone talking about that. Guess it's not something to complain about lol.
A business, Ace Bolt & Screw, is a block north of Coulter Ave., on the west side. So if traveling north on Texas Ave, and in need of patronizing said business, you are now required to travel around the bend in Texas Ave. to the next available median cut...which is by Whataburger, a half-mile past Ace. Hopefully the required U-turn misses the curb, make your way the second half-mile, buy what you need. And IF you want /need to proceed north, it requires going south to Coulter, ANOTHER U-turn....

Or skip it alltogether, buy elsewhere, buy online, etc....
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Understood. An extreme case to be sure, but understood.

Alternatively you could take a left on s coulter and come up dodge and be right there. It's just something learned after one bad experience….
GSS

Understood. An extreme case to be sure, but understood.

Alternatively you could take a left on s coulter and come up dodge and be right there. It's just something learned after one bad experience….
Creative routes are often required, but typically only work for someone familiar with the area.

The business(s) are going to suffer from the median debacle....just ask them if they have been impacted.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
It's reasonable that they would be impacted initially, yes. It's also reasonable that the impact would level out over time.

Time will tell but many a city gets conditioned to functioning with medians.
Hittag1492
AG

It's reasonable that they would be impacted initially, yes. It's also reasonable that the impact would level out over time.

Time will tell but many a city gets conditioned to functioning with medians.

Great! At least we mere citizens can be "conditioned" to functioning with medians. Maybe not well or happily, but once properly "conditioned" maybe everyone will just **** up and do as they are told…
woodiewood
NotJPMorgan said:

trouble said:

I get frustrated with the medians but it doesn't rank up there with getting shot or chemo. I deal with them and go about my life.

If I was a fire fighter or EMS, It may be something to spend more than a few seconds of aggravation.

woodiewood
Tailgate88 said:

Everything is relative.

When our church moved from Church Street to across the side street where Cosol is a lot of members griped about how far it was to go there.
tu ag
AG
We ought to start a median board...or we ought to get back to coming and going.
Hittag1492
AG

The Rock? Perfect. That gif is equally as tired and weak as your bend over conformist viewpoint. And yes-I am kidding…mostly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.