BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

291,957 Views | 1336 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Pantera
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if I missed the is but "Wanna Taco" looks to be open. It's in the shopping center with Sweet Eugene's.
lawless89
Dirt work has been going on at the new Starbucks on University East next to TXB. They put up the sign yesterday or day before and you can tell it has three slots for business names. I wonder what the other two are? Or maybe it's just for future expansion.
maroon barchetta
Who wants to try it out and report back?
halibut sinclair
maroon barchetta said:

I volunteer YOU
maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair said:

maroon barchetta said:

I volunteer YOU

I'll wait until the weekend. If it's bad it will give my body time to recover
Hornbeck
There's such a thing as bad tacos?
maroon barchetta
Hornbeck said:

There's such a thing as bad tacos?

Oh yes.

Worst breakfast taco I've had in my life was at the MSC after Chartwells took over. Terrible. Every gas station taco I've had in my life was better.

Tortilla was like rubber.
aggies4life
AG
Sorry if I missed it - what's the going on with the dirt work near corner of Victoria and fitch?
maroon barchetta
aggies4life said:

Sorry if I missed it - what's the going on with the dirt work near corner of Victoria and fitch?

I hope it's a bank.
curry97
AG
aggies4life said:

Apparently W S Phillips is developing it for mixed use-commercial and apartments.
JMac03
AG

maroon barchetta
How was it?
JMac03
AG
maroon barchetta said:

How was it?

I didn't go, this was posted in the BCS meals page on Facebook.
maroon barchetta
I've seen the word "California" too many times already.
AggieCVQ
That looks pretty good.
Goose83
AG
Will be lost now that Imperial is closing. Was our go to for Chinese food around here.

Good food and atmosphere.

Times are tough when even the Chinese places start going under.
JMac03
AG
We did the new chinese buffet the other day - I was pleasantly suprised.
Law361
AG
Where?
Hornbeck
I assume she's talking about the new one near Harbor Freight in CS, where the old one was. We liked it. Kinda pricy, but good.

ETA: missing "s"
JMac03
AG
Hornbeck said:

I assume he's talking about the new one near Harbor Freight in CS, where the old one was. We liked it. Kinda pricy, but good.
Yes, she is

It is kind of pricey, but I ate crab legs and fried crabs, so overall thought pricing was decent (but still more than I usually spend on a meal without alcohol). I also liked their coconut shrimp.
MiMi
S
Law361 said:

Where?
King Buffet in the shopping center at Texas/Southwest Parkway, near Firestone. Not to be confused with King Noodle and Sushi, nearby in the strip center on the other side of Walgreens (and has an 'all you can eat' option).
9dag
AG
Tjins can pick up some slack
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
Hornbeck
Hometown Chinese in Bryan is really good, the times we've been there
legalbird
Greg? Update on new taco place?
maroon barchetta
legalbird said:

FTR!!!
MiMi
S
legalbird said:

Rusty posted about this place (Wanna Taco) on his Facebook page earlier today. What would KBTX do for stories without TexAgs?
Goose83
AG
JMac03 said:

Which one?

There hasn't been a good Chinese buffet in BCS since the days of Confucius or China Garden.

The ones around here are too busy pandering to parents and kids by serving too much extraneous garbage like Sysco frozen pizza or chicken nuggets. Also, instead of doing a few things well, they try to serve every Chinese dish know to man, and then serve the leftovers for weeks afterward.
trouble
AG
I still miss Sing Lee
BCStalk
trouble said:

I still miss Sing Lee

Top notch food and great family.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yea, that's why I quit going to buffets of any kind- especially Chinese. You never know on Friday if you're eating Monday's leftovers.
JMac03
AG
Goose83 said:

JMac03 said:

Which one?

There hasn't been a good Chinese buffet in BCS since the days of Confucius or China Garden.

The ones around here are too busy pandering to parents and kids by serving too much extraneous garbage like Sysco frozen pizza or chicken nuggets. Also, instead of doing a few things well, they try to serve every Chinese dish know to man, and then serve the leftovers for weeks afterward.

The one in the old Chinese buffet location on Texas in the shopping center Steinmart used to be in.

But I didn't do any of the sushi except like 2 pieces. Mostly stuck to the seafood.
woodiewood
The Shun De Mom near Walmart was really good chinese and used the correct spices for the Hunan and Sichuan dishes. Chinese black mushrooms rather than Japalenos. Chinese pepper (to the novice it isn't a pepper) rather than just black pepper.
EBrazosAg
AG
Stopped by the Jersey Mikes on Wildflower today. Looking inside - pretty close to being done but lots of dust. Finish out permit issued in 2022. Permit issued to the franchise owners of the RP location in CS. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Anyone have inside info from Jared Steffen as to why not open ? One would think he'd be selling if it was a cash flow or leverage issue. I'm surprised JM corporate doesn't have a way to repo the franchise after not opening for so long.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
SIAP:

Popstroke groundbreaking ceremony is set for this Thursday at 9!

https://popstroke.com/press/popstroke-announces-groundbreaking-ceremony-for-college-station-venue/
bryanhome
I heard they had a problem getting some equipment

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.