BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

237,509 Views | 1120 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by LastHamlet
MB19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
waterchick said:

I saw Bahama Buck's mentioned a few pages back but didn't see a follow-up explanation. The building is for lease? How does that work? Does that mean Bahama Buck's has to close? The little water chicks love that place.
They are staying open. No worries for the little water chicks.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fbuckie said:

My main concern is DG's poor operations. I lived in a rural area that had a built Dollar General come in. The lack of personnel, disorganized stocking, and lack of maintenance showed within the first year. Wellborn deserves better. I would think something like ALDIs would be a better fit.
Given how low volumes Aldi stores tend to run (even the Bryan store), I don't think they'd do very well in Wellborn.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Batt did a much better job than KBTX of informing about the future of the Hurricane Harry's area.

https://thebatt.com/news/hurricane-harrys-nearby-businesses-to-relocate-for-next-phase-of-legacy-point/?

Quote:


In a statement to The Battalion on Feb. 23, the developers of Legacy Point said construction is planned to begin by March 2025 for a new phase of development, including more student housing and retail.

Culpepper said all current tenants plan to remain fully operable until then.

Culpepper said it will be partnering with LV Collective, a developer of other large-scale student housing in Austin. Culpepper said initial feedback from student focus groups was positive and receptive to their partnership on Legacy Point.

"With a prime location and proximity to campus, this development will revitalize and renew the area, bringing new, unique housing and retail to complement the success of Century Square," the statement from Culpepper Realty says.


techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The Batt did a much better job than KBTX of informing about the future of the Hurricane Harry's area.

https://thebatt.com/news/hurricane-harrys-nearby-businesses-to-relocate-for-next-phase-of-legacy-point/?

Quote:


In a statement to The Battalion on Feb. 23, the developers of Legacy Point said construction is planned to begin by March 2025 for a new phase of development, including more student housing and retail.

Culpepper said all current tenants plan to remain fully operable until then.

Culpepper said it will be partnering with LV Collective, a developer of other large-scale student housing in Austin. Culpepper said initial feedback from student focus groups was positive and receptive to their partnership on Legacy Point.

"With a prime location and proximity to campus, this development will revitalize and renew the area, bringing new, unique housing and retail to complement the success of Century Square," the statement from Culpepper Realty says.



Glad to hear of more student housing over there.
Garhett_W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Terrible writing. That article is worse than artificial intelligence
Crawdaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A little harsh this morning, aren't we? A little redundant I suppose, but I didn't find anything glaringly incorrect.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But still more informative than the KBTX report that was just a press release from 2013 and left everyone confused as to whether something was actually going to happen there or not.
Texasclipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crawdaddy said:

A little harsh this morning, aren't we? A little redundant I suppose, but I didn't find anything glaringly incorrect.
I lot of people hate the Batt because the Batt often has an agenda, thus they are ready to criticize everything.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

TyHolden said:

Tried King Noodle and Sushi tonight. My kids loved it. Surprised but I really liked it. I had the Spicy Beef Noodle Soup with sliced noodles. Very fresh ingredients and the noodles are home made. Will go back.

Finally tried King Noodle and Sushi. They have an AYCE menu. It's not a traditional buffet. They will bring you 3 items at a time from the AYCE menu (which is most of the regular menu). Portion sizes are ample. It's $19.99 for lunch and $25.99 for dinner (includes sashimi and hibachi steak). It was a great way to sample a lot of the menu items. Everything was excellent.


We went again tonight. My daughter accidentally ordered the wrong sushi and made a face when the waiter brought it out. I told him she was fine and would eat it. He brought out what she really wanted and didn't charge us. She ate both. It was just sushi cut different ways. Place was packed when we left. That shopping center is ghetto but I think it will make it.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Passed by Amico Nave tonight, parking lot was packed.

I know it was the last night but too many restaurants have closed with zero notice and only the staff the next morning noticing the doors have been locked shut.
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

Passed by Amico Nave tonight, parking lot was packed.

I know it was the last night but too many restaurants have closed with zero notice and only the staff the next morning noticing the doors have been locked shut.


Trying to decipher your post. Please make yourself more clear. Perhaps it could be the grammar or syntax.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

PS3D said:

Passed by Amico Nave tonight, parking lot was packed.

I know it was the last night but too many restaurants have closed with zero notice and only the staff the next morning noticing the doors have been locked shut.


Trying to decipher your post. Please make yourself more clear. Perhaps it could be the grammar or syntax.
Amico Nave went out with a bang.
JeepWaveEarl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It does depend on ownership, I've found. We have one in our town and it's been a godsend. Has just enough of the essentials we can function without going to town everyday. That said…the one in town (Anderson) and the one in Hwy 30, are complete opposites. I about had a panic attack the first time I went into the one on 30 in Carlos. lol
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Non update "update" from Chicken Oil

https://www.instagram.com/p/C30WFF1vuns/?igsh=MW8wYnZjZ3VkbHhjZg==
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For anyone doubting the REI rumors, REI has submitted the project information to TDLR.


TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

For anyone doubting the REI rumors, REI has submitted the project information to TDLR.



I am shocked really....there isn't one outside of the 4 major cities in Texas.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Large population of The North Face buyers…
Crawdaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll go weekly. RIP my savings
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

For anyone doubting the REI rumors, REI has submitted the project information to TDLR.



I am shocked really....there isn't one outside of the 4 major cities in Texas.

I think this has everything to do with the developers, LEVCOR. They are extremely capable and well connected. Its very doubtful REI initiated a move to this market on their own.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't that the same developer that had the project next to Costco on COCS property, but it fell through?
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excited to hear about REI - but I'm going to need to get a second job!
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The building/occupants are not coming or going, but what is coming to this particular site is a new security fence and gates at the Chabad center over at Live Oak and Eisenhower.

I hope this is strictly precautionary and not reactionary. They always seem to be doing nice things when I cut down Eisenhower to go to Lincoln or to go to B&N or that plaza. And I enjoy seeing their minivan with the giant lighted menorah on top each holiday season.

I hope they haven't encountered any threats like there have been in other parts of the country. I would like to think our community is above that sort of thing.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Jewish center where Grapevine was has had a fence around the main building but not the parking lot.
waterchick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That is the location of the old Albertson's, right? I thought that was going to be a Crunch Fitness or something?

My brother who lives in southern CA is an avid hiker/camper/skier so he spends a lot of $ at REI. I asked him what impact I should expect on my wallet. He said "it's going to take a beating. REI = Reduce Every Income."
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
waterchick said:

That is the location of the old Albertson's, right? I thought that was going to be a Crunch Fitness or something?

My brother who lives in southern CA is an avid hiker/camper/skier so he spends a lot of $ at REI. I asked him what impact I should expect on my wallet. He said "it's going to take a beating. REI = Reduce Every Income."
Yes, it is the old Albertson's location. Crunch Fitness is going in a portion of the space along with REI. There will still be some space for other tenants as well and those are being actively marketed by Oldham Goodwin. This is the sketch from the marketing materials.

waterchick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks! That's going to be a nice upgrade for an area that has been vacant for a long time.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It all looks super weird right now with the front off the building
BQwolf05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice! Hopefully it lasts longer than the hot dog place.
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dat Dog was one of my all time favorites. They knew my order, I ate there so often.

Still sad it didn't make it. I think that spot is just slightly too far off the main path.
Fbuckie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heat Ups sign lit where Mad Piez was located in Wellborn. Still have a sign across the tracks in Chevron location. Additional space or just moving?
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bushytailed said:

Looks like the owners of Mi Tierra Tortilleria are working on a new place called Frida's Kitchen & Bar. There is already a FB page but I'm not sure where it will be located. Looks to be authentic Mexican flavors but with a modern touch (mole negro, chiles en nogada, etc.).

Grand opening for Frida's Kitchen & Bar is Saturday, March 16. It's in the same center as Chubby's on Texas at North in Bryan.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Nice! Hopefully it lasts longer than the hot dog place.


Breweries are closing left and right right now, hope this works out for them.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAG 05 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Nice! Hopefully it lasts longer than the hot dog place.


Breweries are closing left and right right now, hope this works out for them.
It's a chain out of PA with like 16 other locations. Probably no more "brewery" than BJ's is.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

TXAG 05 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Nice! Hopefully it lasts longer than the hot dog place.


Breweries are closing left and right right now, hope this works out for them.
It's a chain out of PA with like 16 other locations. Probably no more "brewery" than BJ's is.


BJ's brews their own beer in a warehouse in downtown Temple. Its sent to local restaurants. They have a tasting room, also.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.