BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

237,548 Views | 1120 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by LastHamlet
Visor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
okay - i could get into this
ag009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like where La Familia is?
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Visor said:

anyone know what's actually going in?


According to Rusty, Javi's

https://javis903.com
I hope they use the riverwalk....and make decent migas...
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Visor said:

anyone know what's actually going in?


According to Rusty, Javi's

https://javis903.com


That sounds wonderful!!
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had some great crawfish at Razoo's last night and the Plucker's looks like it is coming up quickly!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Broncos said:

PS3D said:

Broncos said:

halibut sinclair said:

LEASED sign up in front of the former Red Lobster on University.


Maybe Red Lobster is coming back.
You jest but I'd give that a 30% chance of that happening.


It's actually my odds on favorite chance of happening.
Well, at this rate I wouldn't count on any Red Lobster restaurants opening soon.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://javis903.com/

_________________________________________________________
Nothing is getting fixed in D.C. until we get term limits for both the House and the Senate
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryan is getting another Taco Bell. On 21 near Wings N More.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know any more information about the Puebla Soccer Complex slated for the corner of Suncrest and Beck? It looks like there will be a 12,000 sq. ft. building with an indoor soccer field, four outdoor turf fields, and an outdoor grass field.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A waiter served me a beer in a glass with ice and a straw for dinner earlier today. I couldn't help but laugh. He was a kid.
b0ridi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

A waiter served me a beer in a glass with ice and a straw for dinner earlier today. I couldn't help but laugh. He was a kid.
ice cold beer
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Iza Robata is open (old Whole Fried Chicken location on Rock Prairie). Maybe soft open? They're definitely still working out the kinks because the food took forever to come out, they were confused about which orders went to which table, and tried to bring us things we didn't order. And they weren't even that busy. However, the food was good. It's been a long time since I've eaten at Tanaka but the duck ramen I had was really good and better than any ramen I've had from Tanaka. I'm no ramen expert though. We tried several of their appetizers and they were good too. The soft shell crab bao was OK... a little too much batter for me but each bao was pretty big.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CN said:

Iza Robata is open (old Whole Fried Chicken location on Rock Prairie). Maybe soft open? They're definitely still working out the kinks because the food took forever to come out, they were confused about which orders went to which table, and tried to bring us things we didn't order. And they weren't even that busy. However, the food was good. It's been a long time since I've eaten at Tanaka but the duck ramen I had was really good and better than any ramen I've had from Tanaka. I'm no ramen expert though. We tried several of their appetizers and they were good too. The soft shell crab bao was OK... a little too much batter for me but each bao was pretty big.
I'm not a huge ramen fan but my kids are. Do they serve alcohol? I can't eat it without wine or a beer. That's my biggest beef with Tanaka Ramen. Just seems bland with just water.
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

CN said:

Iza Robata is open (old Whole Fried Chicken location on Rock Prairie). Maybe soft open? They're definitely still working out the kinks because the food took forever to come out, they were confused about which orders went to which table, and tried to bring us things we didn't order. And they weren't even that busy. However, the food was good. It's been a long time since I've eaten at Tanaka but the duck ramen I had was really good and better than any ramen I've had from Tanaka. I'm no ramen expert though. We tried several of their appetizers and they were good too. The soft shell crab bao was OK... a little too much batter for me but each bao was pretty big.
I'm not a huge ramen fan but my kids are. Do they serve alcohol? I can't eat it without wine or a beer. That's my biggest beef with Tanaka Ramen. Just seems bland with just water.
From their website, yes they do.
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting to see Dim Sum at a Japanese place but excited to try it. I can't believe we don't have any place doing Dim Sum in this town, at least on weekends!
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They still have the long bar from the previous restaurant. I'm not a cocktail or wine drinker but I did have a beer there. The website menu had poke but their actual menu did not have poke.
agmamaco09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's right. Address is 4190 Hwy 6 South
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BryanPooch said:

Jos'es also burned completely in the 80's when it was on Harvey Road east of Hwy. 6. The backroom looked out onto a park-like meadow. Then it relocated on Texas Ave. In the former Randy Sims Bar-B-Q, our last go-to barbecue restaurant, where it's remained. Jose was a warm, genteel owner and we loved the staff, especially at the original location. 'Course that was all post Zarape's in downtown Bryan.
Originally in the early 1970s that was Crown and Anchor Restaurant, one of the few nice restaurants in the area. I had an A&M class in the back room every Thursday evening for two hours one semester.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Express is closing its mall store as part of bankruptcy.
BulldAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had Frida's today for lunch and it was amazing. Easily the best Mexican restaurant in B/CS now and it's not even close IMO. RIP to my wallet and waistline because I will crave it weekly.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone tried Roni's mac bar yet?
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any report on Billy's Grille and Bar ?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good and service was good, good burgers, decent chicken fried steak.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It looks like a Family Dollar/Dollar Tree combo store is opening in Bryan (the other half of the old Safeway/AppleTree/Super Canasta/Food City/El Ahorro).

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d12cab25af7980001dbe137/t/660ef5443f2b06176720f6ba/1712256325708/Culpepper+North_Flyer.pdf
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Any report on Billy's Grille and Bar ?
We've been a few times for First Friday.

The food and service are consistently good. They use the kitchen and staff from the Queen Theater. We've had the fried calamari a few times and have been happy with each order. Their bacon cheeseburger is my go-to, and we've enjoyed the chicken & waffles, and the carbonara pasta. We haven't ordered drinks so far, but it looks like a nicely outfitted bar selection.
NateDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Any report on Billy's Grille and Bar ?
Went today for lunch. There was a "Credit Surcharge" of $0.40 on my bill. I asked that it be removed since I was paying cash, and it was. I was assured the surcharge is only ever applied if a credit card is used for payment (makes sense).

Perhaps if the bill showed "Credit price (incl. 3% processing fee): $13.75"
and then "Cash/debit price: $13.35" it would somehow 'feel' better?

Maybe I just have "high prices/constant tip prompts/nickel & dime fees" fatigue.

Oh, the cheeseburger was okay and the fries were the extra crispy/double fried kind, they were pretty good. Lots of menu choices, and a beer tour thing like DoubleDave's used to (still does?) have. Try (aka buy) 80 or so different beers and get a stein that gives you a permanent beer discount. IIRC.
Crawdaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you mean O'bannons? If you do, they still have the tour.

If DoubleDave's had a challenge like that, I'd be 50 lbs heavier in a matter of weeks.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Double Dave's used to have an around the world beer challenge
Crawdaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds amazing. Sign me up for the reunion tour!
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tailgate88 said:

Interesting to see Dim Sum at a Japanese place but excited to try it. I can't believe we don't have any place doing Dim Sum in this town, at least on weekends!


Probably because there's no chicken tenders involved.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trouble said:

Double Dave's used to have an around the world beer challenge


Yep, had my name on the wall at the Northgate location.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Naked Fish and Sushi is closed
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Naked Fish and Sushi is closed

Was there a few weeks back for lunch and there was no one but us. Don't know when things died out for them, but I can say my food was not great. Never had any issue prior to that visit though.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phillytex24 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Interesting to see Dim Sum at a Japanese place but excited to try it. I can't believe we don't have any place doing Dim Sum in this town, at least on weekends!


Probably because there's no chicken tenders involved.


Wings though!
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Credit surcharge is a no-go for me. A unpublicized one is a double no go. I can get having a minimum credit card number. But not the surcharge in today's world.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.