BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

487,694 Views | 2154 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Burn-It
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn too bad.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Man, that's disappointing. It was a great spot. They had some surprisingly good food and entertainment. I've seen Max Stalling, Jason Boland, and Bart Crow there in the last few years.
TXCityGirl
What is going in on W.D. Fitch at Barron Road intersection (south side)? Dirt work next door to the new Justice of the Peace offices.
Sub4
AG
Not Cool. Koppe Bridge on Welborn is listed by OG as a ground lease redevelopment. I was hoping that building and Koppe Bridge would stay that way it is indefinitely.

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/838920/texas-11777-wellborn-road-
tu ag
AG
For a long time it was my favorite burger joint in town. Then they made some changes and it went down hill fast. We tried to give it multiple chances, but wound up going to better places. I haven't been in years.
Sad to see another local place go under.

Edit to add - Whataburger is a case study in changes that haven't worked, since being bought out.
TyHolden
AG
Sub4 said:

Not Cool. Koppe Bridge on Welborn is listed by OG as a ground lease redevelopment. I was hoping that building and Koppe Bridge would stay that way it is indefinitely.

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/838920/texas-11777-wellborn-road-
It closed? When?
Sub4
AG
Not Closed! They're just marketing to redevelop the land that its on. It could be years but things seem to be set in motion
maroon barchetta
Sub4 said:

Not Closed! They're just marketing to redevelop the land that its on. It could be years but things seem to be set in motion

Someone needs to buy out that property behind them if they want to do anything sizeable.
Fan
S
TXCityGirl said:

What is going in on W.D. Fitch at Barron Road intersection (south side)? Dirt work next door to the new Justice of the Peace offices.
We drove b y yesterday and the sign says they will be "Business" Condos. I'm not sure what that means.
halibut sinclair
Imperial Chinese posted today that there's some cars and activity next door to them at the former Hooter's.
JMac03
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Imperial Chinese posted today that there's some cars and activity next door to them at the former Hooter's.

Did Hooters close?
PS3D
JMac03 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Did Hooters close?
Yeah, they had a big round of closures a few months ago (40 locations nationwide) and the Bryan one was one of the ones axed.
ScottishFire
AG
I heard from someone recently that Brauhaus is slated to close.
Has anyone heard something similar?

It would be a real shame
TyHolden
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Bombshells?
EriktheRed
AG
It better not! My favorite place in downtown!

For those who have never made it, it is 100% worth it. And they have really good (cheap) kids meals, or for our really picky eaters, a side of fries or spaetzle is only like $2
Dumbfounded
Captn_Ag05
AG

PS3D
By the way, Krispy Kreme's sales tax record is now listed as inactive even though it hasn't been cancelled by the state yet.
maroon barchetta
Live music?
Burn-It
AG
TXCityGirl said:

I'm pretty sure it will have commercial office space, similar to the one directly across 40 where Urban Table is located. Now I see they are clearing some land on the southeast of that intersection. Not sure what's happening there.
AKA 13-0

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.