BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

487,690 Views | 2154 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Burn-It
treyyates
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie-1997 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

This may have been mentioned already but Big Shots announced on their social media that they are rebranding as Top Golf.
Does anyone know if they will update the facility to include the Top Golf technology/game play or will simply be a name on the building change?

Full update
Captn_Ag05
AG
The TDLR submission for TopGolf shows $880,000 worth of work:

Quote:

The removal of existing ball dispensers and hitting mats to be replaced with similar equipment. The installation of IT equipment. The installation of HVAC split systems. The installation of office equipment. Total area of work = 22,851sf

Start Date:9/23/2024
Completion Date:10/28/2024
trouble
AG
My brain always switches that and thinks Too Long Didn't Read
Captn_Ag05
AG
trouble said:

I always have to double check and make sure I didn't put TLDR
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

Guilty

I've been on message boards too long.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Interesting, as I thought I saw just in the last few days that Top Golf is doing poorly and is parting ways with Callaway.
Hornbeck
AG
trouble said:

TL;DR - whats the point here?
gigemags87
AG
Anyone knows what's going into old Moe's in Century Square? Moving quickly…
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I saw a posting saying a new bar had secured the space and would be setting up shop. Looks like sooner rather than later!

Don't remember the establishment name or exactly where I saw the post.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Red's Ice House. Posted on the page before this one in this thread
gigemags87
AG
Someone who works in CQ just told me Porter's owners are turning it into an "ice house".
AggiePhil
AG
CQ?
techno-ag
AG
AggiePhil said:

CQ?
Century Square, methinks, as opposed to CS.
SoCalEscapee
Working on it. Keep an eye out. If you do Nextdoor follow my posts there for updates. Just search for Frontier and you'll find me.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submissions this week on College Station P&Z are the TXB at F&B/Harvey Mitchell and the Taco Bell in Jones Crossing (next to Chic-fil-A).
Sub4
AG
Good location for TXB

Also saw Voodoo brewery going in at 101 Church ave. Domain Northgate building.
Assuming in the space of the hot dog restaurant that failed there.
AggiePhil
AG
Le Petit Cochon/The Little Pig has closed and will become Napa Flats Bistro.
trouble
AG
It's the same owners and they are tweaking the menu some. Removing a few LPC items and adding pizza and pasta.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They better keep the french onion soup on the menu
trouble
AG
I asked about it specifically at the last wine dinner and was told it is staying.
Sub4
AG
https://wtaw.com/bryan-city-council-grants-homeowners-appeal-to-block-construction-of-a-convenience-store/

Developer wanted to put C-store on Smith Lake/ Harvey Mitchel with only access on smith lake and the neighborhood fought it. Normally lean towards anti- NIMBY but I agree with the neighborhood on this one.

Now the city expects a c-store on the corner of sandy point and Harvey Mitchel. Which sounds like it would have been a better location all along? I guess the hard corner was more valuable to be sold than developed as a c-store.
Captn_Ag05
AG
trouble said:

I asked about it specifically at the last wine dinner and was told it is staying.
Bless you
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Sub4 said:

Developer wanted to put C-store on Smith Lake/ Harvey Mitchel with only access on smith lake and the neighborhood fought it. Normally lean towards anti- NIMBY but I agree with the neighborhood on this one.

Best part was the resident's sentence with the word that got bleeped.

Good use of media. Throw in some ear candy they just can't resist to get your comment on the radio.

Bravo!!
trouble
AG
It's my favorite. I was going to cry and beg if he said it was going away.
instapt
Has Le Petit Cochon actually closed, though, or are they staying open during the rebranding? The new Napa Flats Bistro sign is already up, and their social media doesn't say anything about them closing in the interim.
trouble
AG
They were planning to stay open. I assume they are.
AggieAces06
AG
instapt said:

Has Le Petit Cochon actually closed, though, or are they staying open during the rebranding? The new Napa Flats Bistro sign is already up, and their social media doesn't say anything about them closing in the interim.

I saw "we're open" signs along the feeder road today, so I looks like they are still open. Unless I read the sign wrong while driving by.
JMac03
AG
AggieAces06 said:

instapt said:

I saw "we're open" signs along the feeder road today, so I looks like they are still open. Unless I read the sign wrong while driving by.

They put it up after the took the LPC sign down. They said on FB they were staying open
Rex Racer
AG
Anyone know what's going in across Pendleton from Christopher's on Boonville Road? I'm assuming it's going to be a huge apartment complex. All the trees are just about gone, and you can see the houses in Oakmont now from Boonville Rd.
Broncos
Rex Racer said:

Anyone know what's going in across Pendleton from Christopher's on Boonville Road? I'm assuming it's going to be a huge apartment complex. All the trees are just about gone, and you can see the houses in Oakmont now from Boonville Rd.
It's allegedly going to be a strip center and more houses behind it.
Bunk Moreland
There's a Ja Cody construction sign and 2 full trash bins outside Smitty K's. Is that just cleanup or is there movement on that property into something new?
AggiePhil
AG
instapt said:

Has Le Petit Cochon actually closed, though, or are they staying open during the rebranding?
Hard to tell. Parking lot was never full before and certainly isn't now.
lawless89
Rex Racer
AG
lawless89 said:

Glad to see that old house cleaned up.
Jetty
AG
Saw the owner of Smittys a few weeks ago… said they were going to tear it down and build strip center type buildings to lease out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.