BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

488,339 Views | 2154 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Burn-It
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gong Cha is opening a location at 2048 Texas Ave S in CS.

https://gongchausa.com/
PS3D
Drove by the back of Chicken Oil today; half of the building has been demolished from the Old College side and the other side is gutted. I guess they're making progress on renovations...
trouble
AG
Per their social media, they plan to be reopened in the spring .

https://www.facebook.com/share/Dr346BKx4c7qrtnK/?mibextid=oFDknk
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

Per their social media, they plan to be reopened in the spring .

https://www.facebook.com/share/Dr346BKx4c7qrtnK/?mibextid=oFDknk

Of which year?
trouble
AG
2025, smartass
techno-ag
AG
Verizon is buying Frontier. Dunno how much that will affect us.

https://apnews.com/article/verizon-frontier-ai-iot-fiber-f67a9a1c160815e57c2bb949f19bd0ee
trouble
AG
Interesting since frontier bought a bunch of stuff Verizon was selling off a few years ago.
Bunk Moreland
trouble said:

Interesting since frontier bought a bunch of stuff Verizon was selling off a few years ago.

Frontier has crushed it with their fiber buildouts. Stock is up 50% in the last 6 months. I also think they're installing fiber in states/regions where Verizon doesn't have it, so it makes sense from that standpoint.
PS3D
trouble said:

The more things change, the more things stay the same.
CWIsom
La Petite Cochan has rebranded to Napa Flats Bistro
aggie-1997
AG
CWIsom said:

La Petite Cochan has rebranded to Napa Flats Bistro
I am guessing this means there are other changes potentially with menu, etc?
trouble
AG
They are adding pizza and a few pasta dishes
MiMi
S
trouble said:

I hope they include the Palo Alto dip too.
trouble
AG
Dang it. I should have asked. That's my favorite. The owner told us about the changes at their last wine dinner.
MsDoubleD81
AG
MiMi said:

trouble said:

OMG!! Me too!!!
aggiegolf86
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

MiMi said:

trouble said:

OMG!! Me too!!!
Palo Alto dip was on the rough draft menu that I saw the other day.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Red's Ice House is going in the location that Mo's used to be in at Century Square. I can't find anything about it online. There is a place called Red's Ice House in Beaumont, but not sure if the two are connected.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Red's Ice House is going in the location that Mo's used to be in at Century Square. I can't find anything about it online. There is a place called Red's Ice House in Beaumont, but not sure if the two are connected.
thank you Jesus
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

the pics look great! my kinda place.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/reds-icehouse-beaumont
Smeghead4761
Has anybody heard anything about when Trackside Kolache will be (re)opening at the new Holleman location?
Dustoff00
AG
About a week ago, it looked like it was estimated to be about 3-4 weeks. I will check to see if there is a better estimate next week. It was coming along nicely. There will also be a hair salon opening in the same strip.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Dustoff00
AG
Back on topic!!!

Another positive review of La Bodaga II.
Great food, drinks, and atmosphere…

Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
BCStalk
Haven't been that way in a while, do they have a patio?
Tailgate88
AG
BCStalk said:

Yes they do. It's the old Mad Taco spot.
JMac03
AG
BCStalk said:

Yes! Nice patio with fan misters if needed. We sat outside last week.
TyHolden
AG
We need this in BCS.....I'd never go to a Texans or Cowboys game again. Also does things like Cirque De Soleil.

SoCalEscapee
True story! Full disclosure I work for Frontier. VZ sold their CA, TX, FL wireline business in April 2016 for $10 Billion to Frontier and almost 8.5 years later they are buying the entire company. Don't forget though the first group of management after the purchase bankrupt the company just about 5 years after the close of that deal. The new management team has really been focused on building out the fiber to many of the states Frontier services. It's been a pretty dramatic turnaround the last few years.
cypress-ag
AG
SoCalEscapee said:

True story! Full disclosure I work for Frontier. VZ sold their CA, TX, FL wireline business in April 2016 for $10 Billion to Frontier and almost 8.5 years later they are buying the entire company. Don't forget though the first group of management after the purchase bankrupt the company just about 5 years after the close of that deal. The new management team has really been focused on building out the fiber to many of the states Frontier services. It's been a pretty dramatic turnaround the last few years.

Can we please get it in all of College Station market. I'm stuck with Optimum and want another option that doesn't suck.... spent 2 hours Saturday after our game trying to get my Wi-Fi back up so I could watch the afternoon games. I go through this about once a month.
Bunk Moreland
Do you have your own modem/router or do you rent one from them?

One thing that helped immensely when I was with SL(now optimum) was setting that up. Of course they made it a pain in the ass...had to request that they remove the 'rental' fee from each month's bill and they had to approve/walk me through setting up my own external modem/router...but once I did I felt like a TON of the random dropping and throttling went away.
maroon barchetta
Trees on University are going going gone.
EBrazosAg
AG
Horrible choice of species and they had intermittent irrigation at best. Hopefully something better like the median further west of there.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieBaseball06
AG
This may have been mentioned already but Big Shots announced on their social media that they are rebranding as Top Golf.
aggie-1997
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

This may have been mentioned already but Big Shots announced on their social media that they are rebranding as Top Golf.
Does anyone know if they will update the facility to include the Top Golf technology/game play or will simply be a name on the building change?
trouble
AG

JMac03
AG
aggie-1997 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

Does anyone know if they will update the facility to include the Top Golf technology/game play or will simply be a name on the building change?

Nevermind, the screenshot above was the same as the email I got.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.