BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

324,196 Views | 1460 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by drthoop
Dustoff00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hornbeck said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet coming to Century Square. Love their location in Richardson!

https://www.dimassis.com/

Okay, now there's a Houston restaurant I miss. If they were to open a Thai Spice and a Pappadeaux… I'd no longer need to go to H-Town except for Astros games.
Never been to Thai Spice, but Siam Iyara Thai Restaurant over by Golden Corral, is hard to beat...
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Pantera
AG
I wonder if this will mess with the Bombers stadium name? Or is that actually sponsored by the corporate Edible Arrangements people?
halibut sinclair
Pantera said:

I wonder if this will mess with the Bombers stadium name? Or is that actually sponsored by the corporate Edible Arrangements people?

Uri Geva owns the Bombers and a couple dozen Edible Arrangements franchises, including the one here that closed. So they could probably keep the name.
techno-ag
AG
What a summer for closures, worse than usual it seems. This economy and four years of inflation have not been kind to local businesses. God bless.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
maroon barchetta
I've never seen it this bad.
Hornbeck
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I've never seen it this bad.

We for sure need to raise city taxes more. /s
FlyRod
Does anyone…the Chamber of Comnerce perhaps…have actual data on the number of "comings and goings" by year?
AggieCVQ
Inflation and interest rates have been horrible.

Feeling crunch as a consumer, can only imagine what owners are feeling.

This too shall pass .. I hope?
legalbird
The ironic part is that all of this could have been prevented. In the meantime, we should try to support truly locally owned businesses.
EBrazosAg
AG
Just remember that locally owned franchises are still locally owned.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Just remember that locally owned franchises are still locally owned.

And employ local employees.
Hornbeck
AG
legalbird said:

The ironic part is that all of this could have been prevented. In the meantime, we should try to support truly locally owned businesses.

Feel free to go out every night of the week, Mr. High Roller. Not everyone has large amounts of discretionary cash.
FlyRod
Fargo's is closing.
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod said:

Fargo's is closing.
Wow. This is the worst since Covid.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

Fargo's is closing.

What?
Hittag1492
AG
maroon barchetta said:

FlyRod said:

Fargo's is closing.

What?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1036396888490653

Bunk Moreland
Nooooooo
TyHolden
AG
FlyRod said:

Fargo's is closing.

They stopped advertising on Texags…that was the problem. OB and Nuno sold the hell out of that place.
Goose83
AG
Between the high cost of meat, skyrocketing taxes, medians, etc., it's getting impossible for anybody to stay in business around here anymore.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Unfortunately, it's an issue throughout the country - even places with "strong" economies. Skyrocketing rents and costs and no end in sight.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Unfortunately, it's an issue throughout the country - even places with "strong" economies. Skyrocketing rents and costs and no end in sight.

Yup fours of inflation. Higher taxes. The list goes on.
trouble
AG
I love them but they just haven't been as good in this location. Not sure exactly what was going on.
BCStalk
Goose83 said:

Between the high cost of meat, skyrocketing taxes, medians, etc., it's getting impossible for anybody to stay in business around here anymore.

This. I remember having disposable income to enjoy eating out once or twice a week. Unfortunately with the rising cost of groceries, insurance, and everything else, it is just not possible anymore.
FlyRod
Yup, location matters. Nothing ever seemed to last very long in that building.
drthoop
AG
trouble said:

I love them but they just haven't been as good in this location. Not sure exactly what was going on.
Food was so much better when they were in North Bryan. I quit eating there several years ago.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.