BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

324,190 Views | 1460 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by drthoop
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a Yankee ******nozzle, and eat only Dunkin. I gave every ounce of my DelConte pineapples for that Donut place. Write that! - Probably Jim Snakenagle
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Yeah, I mean. I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question to be honest with you, but...I left Shipley's to be Krispy Kreme's #1 customer. I went to the drive thru at Krispy Kreme to never go through another donut shop drive thru again, and that hasn't changed in my mind. That's unfair to be talking about something like that. That'd be like you asking Dunkin if they're going to start serving hot donuts, but I understand you gotta ask the question.

I gave up a big part of my breakfast to go to this shop and I poured every ounce of dough into this shop, and I've given this shop every single ounce of dough I can give it. So bake that.
PS3D
halibut sinclair said:

PS3D said:

Hornbeck said:

PS3D said:

Imperial Chinese has a sign saying they will be open June 27th. It was likely a lease issue.

World Nail Spa is rebuilding, the old "Ku-Ku Burger" building is not long for this world.

Is that the Old Baskin Robbins on Texas almost to Post Office street in Bryan?
Yes, but it started out as Ku-Ku Burger, a long-defunct chain of restaurants. Here's the last surviving one in Oklahoma, with later additions but still serving its original purpose.

It was a chicken place before Baskin Robbins.
I don't think so. It was still Ku-Ku Burger as of December 1966 and was a Baskin-Robbins by December 1967, with no other records of anything else in between.
Hornbeck
AG
I hit a double, Bunk hits a home run.
snaglepuss
BiochemAg97 said:

snaglepuss said:

They are trying to get rid of all the food in stock.

I'm kinda stunned by how much food they must have in stock. I get having loads of rice, noodles, and fortune cookies. But you still have to keep getting fresh vegetables. Not sure how much of the proteins are "frozen" and heavily stocked.

It does seem like part of the problem may have been their inventory management if it takes weeks to clear out your stock.

And I would not want to be at the end of line...!
PS3D
snaglepuss said:

BiochemAg97 said:

snaglepuss said:

They are trying to get rid of all the food in stock.

I'm kinda stunned by how much food they must have in stock. I get having loads of rice, noodles, and fortune cookies. But you still have to keep getting fresh vegetables. Not sure how much of the proteins are "frozen" and heavily stocked.

It does seem like part of the problem may have been their inventory management if it takes weeks to clear out your stock.

And I would not want to be at the end of line...!
If they didn't renew the lease when it came up in June, then why are they trying to get rid of food now? (I haven't gone, but they said they'd reopen yesterday.)

Seems the better option that if they were closing they should just donate it to the food bank and write it off.
EBrazosAg
AG
Big thumbs up for Frieda's. Just don't go expecting Tex-Mex. More like a high end Red Iguana if you have ever been to SLC. Great food and service.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broncos
Hmmm. May have to give it a go. I always forget about it. Red Iguana is legit though.
BulldAg99
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Big thumbs up for Frieda's. Just don't go expecting Tex-Mex. More like a high end Red Iguana if you have ever been to SLC. Great food and service.

Great comparison. We love Freda's and have been to Red Iguana, didn't think about the similarities:
Dustoff00
AG
Never been to Red Iguana, but Frida's Kitchen + Bar is outstanding. Reminded me a bit of Wild Salsa to an extent, upscale place, with some unique dishes and great drinks. Dishes are inspired from all over Mexico. Brunch is fantastic too. You are missing out if you don't try this place.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
LightningDammitt
AG
EBrazosAg said:

What is SLC?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Salt Lake City?
kaj63
Southland Conference?
Hornbeck
AG
South Louisiana Coast?
LightningDammitt
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Salt Lake City?

So... Red Iguana in Salt Lake City...

Can anyone explain it to me as if I lived in Kosse all my life?
trouble
AG
It's more interior Mexican. Mole, less cheese, black beans.

It's absolutely delicious.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Sounds like it is a traditional Mexican restaurant located in SLC.
LightningDammitt
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Sounds like it is a traditional Mexican restaurant located in SLC.

Hmmm... Tex Mex > Mor Mex?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Friedas Kitchen style
EBrazosAg
AG
https://www.rediguana.com/

Get the emoladas at Frieda's and thank me later if you want something different than your usual Tex mex.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AG 86 BC
AG
Frida's is really good and not expensive. $5 happy hour margaritas are really good. Good ceviche. Great breakfast/brunch. Give it a try. You'll go back b
Crawdaddy
AG
$5 margs?? I'm in
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet coming to Century Square. Love their location in Richardson!

https://www.dimassis.com/
trouble
AG
Ooooooooooo, we've eaten at the one in humble. Very very good
Charpie
AG
It's freaking delicious
Captn_Ag05
AG
Their roasted cauliflower is so damn good. Every time I would go there I would eat so much, I didn't eat much for a couple days after.

I will definitely pay for parking when I go there so I don't have to roll my fat ass back to the garage.
trouble
AG
We can all carpool
aggies4life
AG
I get one is a buffet and the other isn't but How is dimassi's mediterranean compared to fadi's?

I understand they originated from the same family?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Deal!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Very similar food quality IMO. As you said dimassi's is a buffet while fadi's is more cafeteria style where you pick a few items.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Also opening in Century Square is Houston Hot Chicken. Yes, another chicken spot.

https://www.hhc.ooo/

Both Houston Hot Chicken and Dimassi's will take spots in Phase II.
Hornbeck
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Dimassi's Mediterranean Buffet coming to Century Square. Love their location in Richardson!

https://www.dimassis.com/

Okay, now there's a Houston restaurant I miss. If they were to open a Thai Spice and a Pappadeaux… I'd no longer need to go to H-Town except for Astros games.
aggiegolf86
AG
aggiegolf86 said:

Is Coco Shrimp still coming to cs? anyone know when they are opening
Anyone heard anything else on this? I know last time I asked I was told July. Just curious if any more info is out there yet
Captn_Ag05
AG
It's on their website and the Century Square website still as coming soon. They are going in one of the phase II spots, which is still under construction. I wouldn't expect them until late fall at the earliest.
BCSAg19
AG
Looking like mid to late October last I heard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.