BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

315,047 Views | 1435 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by Dustoff00
gunan01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yoga Pod is no longer at their Rock Prairie location. They are in a temporary space while their new space at the Physicians Centre is built out.
TyHolden
AG
Hornbeck
AG
My daughter will be happy!
FlyRod
According to Rusty, All the King's Men is rebranding as "Teppy's Taphouse" with a new menu (but will still have BBQ).
Broncos
Broncos said:

All the Kings Men has rebranded to Teppy's Taphouse. It's open Thurs-Sunday for now.

Went to downtown Bryan for lunch and saw the new door signage.

Think of Proudest Monkey but chicken tenders instead of burgers. More seating and a few large TVs with sports. They're still rebranding but really cool place.

They have Nashville Hot Chicken that is pretty good. Not overly spicy and good flavor. Probably 30 draught beers. Still working on a custom cocktail menu.

I'll definitely be back.

**BBQ is still available but BBQ menu seemed smaller**
Rusty was only 5 weeks behind.
FlyRod
So was I. First I've of heard of this change.

The BCS obsession with chicken fingers rolls on; maybe every restaurant should just rebrand as chicken fingers only. Could generate some interesting PR.
Pantera
AG
FlyRod said:

The BCS obsession with chicken fingers rolls on; maybe every restaurant should just rebrand as chicken fingers only. Could generate some interesting PR.

I remember when we had fowl digits, laynes, and canes right there in a row and we called it "the chicken strip" … rip.
PS3D
Pantera said:

FlyRod said:

I remember when we had fowl digits, laynes, and canes right there in a row and we called it "the chicken strip" … rip.
Pretty sure that Fowl Digits came up with that as part of marketing.

Fowl Digits clearly wanted to be a chain and I remember the owners advertised quite extensively but it was an overpriced sports bar at the end of the day.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
PS3D said:

Pantera said:

FlyRod said:

Fowl Digits clearly wanted to be a chain and I remember the owners advertised quite extensively but it was an overpriced sports bar at the end of the day.
Didn't fowl digits become a sports bar for a few years before Torchy's went in?

Or maybe that was before Fowl Digits.
TxAggies2012
Venezuela Latin Food has opened at 1800 Welsh, a food truck in the Shell parking lot at Welsh & SW Parkway.

First authentic Venezuelan food in B/CS I believe. Got empanada's and cachapas for breakfast there last weekend and they were fantastic!
mason12
AG
Same owners who just renamed it to Sully's and just added some new menu items.
MiMi
S
MyNameIsJeff said:

PS3D said:

Pantera said:

FlyRod said:

Didn't fowl digits become a sports bar for a few years before Torchy's went in?

Or maybe that was before Fowl Digits.

It was Snuffers. But I don't know if it was before or after Fowl Digits.
lockett93
AG
RIP Snuffers. Best cheese fries ever. They still have locations in North Dallas area.

It was Snuffers then a Chinese restaurant before Fowl digits
MiMi
S
lockett93 said:

RIP Snuffers. Best cheese fries ever. They still have locations in North Dallas area.

It was Snuffers then a Chinese restaurant before Fowl digits

When was it Cazadores?
trouble
AG
Before snuffers,I think.
PS3D
trouble said:

Before snuffers,I think.
Here's what my records show for the building starting at Snuffers. * means that a tax record exists but I can't confirm or deny it actually opening.

Snuffers (1997)
El Arroyo (1998-1999)
Gin Seng Garden* (possibly one other in the meantime)
La Familia del Mar (2001)
Hong Kong Buffet* (2001-2002, unconfirmed)
El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant* (circa 2002)
Cazadores Mexican Restaurant (2003-2009, so a whole decade AFTER Snuffers)
Fontana's Authentic Italian Food (2009-2011)
Fowl Digits (2012)
Sully's Sports Bar & Grill (2012-2013)
Torchy's Tacos (2014-)
Prosper92Ag
AG
Wasn't this the original location of Wings n More in the late 80's / early 90's?
Hornbeck
AG
Prosper92Ag said:

Wasn't this the original location of Wings n More in the late 80's / early 90's?

It was Rockyano's Pizza when I was going to school. I worked there one year. I thought Wings and more was further down going towards University.
PS3D
Prosper92Ag said:

Wings N More was right next to it. In the early 2000s it moved to University Drive East. A restaurant called Kerri's Stacked Enchiladas replaced it but it went under within a few years and by 2007 it was a brand new Raising Cane's. It wasn't the first one in Texas but it would be one of the earliest.
lawless89
Prosper92Ag said:

Wings was were Raising Canes is now. I remember they had a rock wall at the entrance and as a kid I was always excited about going there so I could try and climb the rock wall. Also, someone told me (as a kid) that they put beer in their ketchup. I think that's where my ketchup addiction started…
amanda04
AG
I LOVED Cazadores because they are one of the few Mexican restaurants I've found in my life that had combo plates WITHOUT rice and beans. The fajita taco and cheese enchilada combo was .
The Anchor
AG
I came in 2001 and I only remember Casadores there. I went to WNM in the area often.
crbongos
AG
The Torchys location was originally Coach Nortons house of pancakes I believe. Back in the 60's.
CRBongo
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Stampede at the mall had CLOSED TODAY signage for a week or two and now has blackout drapes all around.

The window cases have been cleaned out as well
What was Stampede?
MiMi
S
maroon barchetta said:

What was Stampede?
Restaurant, Bar, and live music venue. It was in the old movie theater location.
maroon barchetta
It's been so long since I've been to the mall I guess I never saw it.

Did they have live music often?
MiMi
S
maroon barchetta said:

It's been so long since I've been to the mall I guess I never saw it.

Did they have live music often?
No idea about their live music. I only went there once, shortly after they opened, for an early dinner with the family. The food was nothing special and we never went back.

It was a similar business just before Stampede. I have already forgotten that name. Their food was better but I believe the owner got into significant legal trouble?
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta
Neither of the last two were "too far from the bypass". This is a really crazy start to the summer.
FlyRod
Maybe they were just "kinda expensive for this town?"
KidDoc
AG
I find Twin Peaks to be far superior to Hooters on all points. Not surprising. They have my favorite wings in town at the moment, although Angry Elephant is great as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
woodiewood
PS3D said:

trouble said:

Before snuffers,I think.
Here's what my records show for the building starting at Snuffers. * means that a tax record exists but I can't confirm or deny it actually opening.

Snuffers (1997)
El Arroyo (1998-1999)
Gin Seng Garden* (possibly one other in the meantime)
La Familia del Mar (2001)
Hong Kong Buffet* (2001-2002, unconfirmed)
El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant* (circa 2002)
Cazadores Mexican Restaurant (2003-2009, so a whole decade AFTER Snuffers)
Fontana's Authentic Italian Food (2009-2011)
Fowl Digits (2012)
Sully's Sports Bar & Grill (2012-2013)
Torchy's Tacos (2014-)
Didn't Fontana's opened up there a second time for about a year and close again.
woodiewood
lawless89 said:

Prosper92Ag said:

Wings was were Raising Canes is now. I remember they had a rock wall at the entrance and as a kid I was always excited about going there so I could try and climb the rock wall. Also, someone told me (as a kid) that they put beer in their ketchup. I think that's where my ketchup addiction started…
Wasn't Wings where Sambos was back in the 1970s? We used to eat breakfast there most every Sat morning.

woodiewood
FlyRod said:

BCS seems to be a curvilinear restaurant town; the high end places do fine, and the dive places, taquerias, etc do fine.
The patrons of the high end places are the only persons with expendable income that can go out. Times are tough for many families. Many families of four cannot spend $75 and up to eat out at even a moderately priced restaurant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.