Outdoors
Sponsored by

Western States Draw Deadlines: 2017

158,020 Views | 1605 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEng06
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
harge57 said:

Driving back to Wyoming again. I can't deal with failure. What's 30 more hours of driving.
I leave Thursday for Colorado. Good Luck!
A.G.S.
AG
AgLA06 said:

Same here! Looking forward to a 10 day vacation.
AgLA06
AG
A.G.S. said:

AgLA06 said:

Good luck!
AgLA06
AG
A.G.S. said:

AgLA06 said:

Weather forecast just shifted colder and added a couple of days of snow for us.
BradMtn346
Good luck to everyone headed out next week. I'll get to pack a rifle looking for deer 3rd as well.

I've had my regular 2nd season guys here this last week. They had a heck of a season. 4 out of 6 elk including a bull, 2 for 2 bucks, one cull and one headed to the taxidermist.

Frank was new this year. He got his cow early but waited on his buck as everyone told him to. I tell everyone to wait, but Frank actually did. It paid off for him.

AgLA06
AG
Now you're just showing off!
BradMtn346
Where are you headed?
AgLA06
AG
Between Pagosa Springs and Durango on the Western edge of 77 in the San Juan.
BradMtn346
Good luck again. Looks like we might get a little weather to make things interesting.
AgEng06
AG
That muley...
shaynew1
AG
Keep the bumps coming!

Some of us poor suckers are stuck working until next fall
cupofjoe04
AG
Good luck to you!

I saw some boys cleaning a heck of a bull in that stretch a few days ago- right on the highway!

I thought it was a vehicle strike, but no. They shot it on public land about 1/2 mile from highway. It ran, jumped the fence, and piled up on the shoulder of the highway! Warden and State Troopsers showed up, and everything checked out. We helped them drag it a safe distace off the road, and they got to work.

A really thick 6x7. Just goes to show, you never know where them suckers are roaming!
AgLA06
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

Good luck to you!

I saw some boys cleaning a heck of a bull in that stretch a few days ago- right on the highway!

I thought it was a vehicle strike, but no. They shot it on public land about 1/2 mile from highway. It ran, jumped the fence, and piled up on the shoulder of the highway! Warden and State Troopsers showed up, and everything checked out. We helped them drag it a safe distace off the road, and they got to work.

A really thick 6x7. Just goes to show, you never know where them suckers are roaming!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you'll know exactly where we'll be since I booked this based on your recommendation.

I was hoping you could give some advice on our area.
cupofjoe04
AG
You going with San Juan?
AgLA06
AG
Yessir.

I can tell you which camp. You want to do this by email?
cupofjoe04
AG
Sure, email definitely best. My username @ gmail

I know he has been on some nice bulls this year, I've seen a couple nice pictures. But everyone has had their ups and downs this year, it's been an odd odd year in some ways.

I finished my hunting in New Mexico this year, so that has dominated most of my scouting the past several weeks. it's been a few weeks since I've been in most of our local areas. Will happily pass along whatever I can, though.

You are in very good hands, trust the guys at SJO. I hope to be trusting them with a giant black powder muley, if I draw it next year will be relying on SJO myself.
AgLA06
AG
Got it. You can take it down.
harge57
AG

After 17 full days hunting and 3 30 hour round trips from tx to Wy I shot this bull the last morning I could hunt.

Took me 9.5 hours to clean and pack it out solo today.
agingcowboy
AG
That's how you do it! And solo even, nicely done and congrats!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLA06
AG
Congrats brother! That's awesome!!
cupofjoe04
AG
way to go brother! Thats earning it!

Love the chocolate horns and mass on that guy. Great bull! Enjoy those tenderloins!
BradMtn346
Awesome! You are the man! Great bull.
PFG
AG
If its SJO that hunts north of US 160 and east of Vallecito Res....tell them boys to do a better job hiding their outfitter tents/camps! Making it too easy on us DIY guys to locate on GE where the guide pressure will be, and adjust accordingly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Congrats! You sure put in the work for that one!
AgEng06
AG
Awesome work, man! I'd likely end up divorced if I spent that much time out of state hunting.
A.G.S.
AG
AgLA06 said:

A.G.S. said:

AgLA06 said:

Weather forecast just shifted colder and added a couple of days of snow for us.
I saw that! We're going just north of Gunnison, doesn't look like as much precipitation for us, but those temperatures are catching my eye...
lazuras_dc
AG
When does 2018 guide come out/where can I get it? Looked at applying for a pref point online but all i see is 2017 listed- is it open yet or am I just navigating to the wrong area of the webstie? https://www.cpwshop.com/purchaseprivilege.page
BradMtn346
CPW is in the process of revamping the entire web site/purchasing system for everything. Don't bother looking for anything for at least another week. There are major changes coming for 2018. The application process will be very different.

Usually the reg book comes out in early February.
AgLA06
AG
Weird, this popped up like there was new posts, but it actually looks like posts were deleted.

And now that I posted, the new posts show up.

TexAgs twilight zone.
Lungblood

Headed to the desert later today. Southeastern New Mexico.
shaynew1
AG
YES.

We need some fresh blood on here.
AgEng06
AG
Go get 'em, bud. Good luck!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.