Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,173 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250
Wk 5=248

Hey man its all good. You are right about my size.
What you want is rarely right here, its out there. Keep at it.
Plateaus are a *****, but they can also be muscle replacing fat.
Take measurements as a backup to your weight charting.
BreNayPop
AG
I appreciate the encouragement.

Plateaus do suck
Sean98
AG
AggieChemist said:

I do C******t on M, W, F at 5:30 am. Recently they cancelled the 5:30 class on Wed only, but I still go in and try to do a workout, as long as it's something I feel comfortable doing without being observed/spotted/etc.

I decided to start doing stronglifts 5x5 on Wednesdays to give me more structure to that workout. But since I'm only doing it once per week, I don't know how it will work out. I decided to just do back squat, deadlift, and overhead press, and leave out the bench and barbell row.
Meanwhile at AC's Wednesday C******t "box"

AgLA06
AG
There's lots of reasons to bag on anything. This isn't one. Especially on a thread meant to push us to get off our asses.

BreNayPop
AG
Seriously!

Although i resemble that chicks form when i try to squeeze into a medium shirt these days.
AggieChemist
AG
The snatch is the most technical and difficult loft there is. I can only snatch like 135.
Ol Jock 99
AG
AggieChemist said:

nm
aggielostinETX
AG
Snatch day is when I become a 5 year old.
Sean98
AG
1) that clip is awesomely funny

2) every reason is a good reason to bag on AC because he's my friend and that's what we do.

But I agree. Everyone keep getting off your dead ass. It's good for all of us.
DuckDown2013
AG
I have a serious love/hate relationship with snatches. Love them when it's light weight, hate them when it's heavy weight.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

I have a serious love/hate relationship with snatches. Love them when it's light weight, hate them when it's heavy weight.
EFE
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

100-115 is the sweet spot for max reps
aggielostinETX
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

DuckDown2013 said:

I need more weight to be less sore
MouthBQ98
AG
Good work everyone. Keep at it. Muscles are made in the weight room, abs in the kitchen.

Green is good.

I hit 169.8 this week. Haven't been this light or fit since my sophomore year at A&M
Ragoo
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

DuckDown2013 said:

depends on the size of her cans
Sean98
AG
Filed under the "weight isn't everything" category. I'm actually down a pound this week, but feel and look terrible. I'm still battling some kind of 2 week head cold/sinus infection that has virtually eliminated any sort of exercise from my life. I'm slowly feeling better, but only marginally so.
Buck Compton
AG
Sean98 said:

Filed under the "weight isn't everything" category. I'm actually down a pound this week, but feel and look terrible. I'm still battling some kind of 2 week head cold/sinus infection that has virtually eliminated any sort of exercise from my life. I'm slowly feeling better, but only marginally so.
Same here. Been trying to kick a sinus infection and haven't smelled or breathed through my nose in a week. Combine that with packing for a move and as busy as I've been at work..... zero exercise.
AggieChemist
AG
Down to 236.4 as of Sunday morning. Was at the game commission meeting yesterday afternoon to present and somebody told my wife to feed me.

That must be a good sign.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250
Wk 5=248

Wk 6 wt= 248.4

I may take a wk off... walking 5+ miles daily, ridong my bike to and from work, limiting calories. Im sore as crap. Pants and shirt fit better, but this is still some bull****
AgLA06
AG
BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250
Wk 5=248

Wk 6 wt= 248.4

I may take a wk off... walking 5+ miles daily, ridong my bike to and from work, limiting calories. Im sore as crap. Pants and shirt fit better, but this is still some bull****

Don't do it. One week turns to two and then three...248 turns into 268.
MouthBQ98
AG
I basically haven't been sick once since I lost the last 30 lb or so. I think much of it has been my altered diet and my immune system works better with me in better shape and eating right. Don't let up, except to take rest days to heal sore muscles and joints.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Late to the party. BP issues and I have a blown L5-S1 disk so options are limited. Started at 275, last sat down to 266. Using MyfitnessPal to track calories. I'm at 1800 a day, fine tuning grocery shopping to get a better mix of calories but it's not that difficult. Cut out nearly all beer, save for 1 on Saturdays. I can only do machine weights and due to back issues I can only swim. Goal is 230lbs in 5 months. I'm 6'3" and already carry a decent amount of muscle so not thinking I will go lower. Possible back surgery will be determined in March. And get off the BP meds.
DuckDown2013
AG
just fyi--started a 2017 crossfit open thread on health and fitness forum for all you crossfit-ers.
Sean98
AG
BreNayPop said:

BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250
Wk 5=248

Wk 6 wt= 248.4

Sore? Or becoming injured? Big difference and we all know the difference when we feel it. If you are pounding to the point of injury, then yes, stop. ...or at least stop what you are doing and switch to something that puts less strain on whatever it is that is hurting.

...on the other hand if it's muscle soreness, pop a couple of advil, drink a crapton of water, sleep under a heated blanket, and get back to work.
ironmanag
AG
Not doing well. Running and working out but eating not what I need to. up to 222. Starting really focusing on what I eat now.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Working out still, eating hasn't been ideal.

Not losing, but not gaining either. Still at 240.

Hopefully I'll have a better report this week.
BreNayPop
AG
Just sore... and pissed that this crap took years to put on my body but wont come off in 6 wks of honest work.
AggieChemist
AG
Remember, your 1 hour workout won't overcompensate for what you do the other 23 hours of the day.

I've proved that time and again. Gotta eat right.
BenderRodriguez
AG
AggieChemist said:

Remember, your 1 hour workout won't overcompensate for what you do the other 23 hours of the day.

I've proved that time and again. Gotta eat right.

Yep, you're right.

The really crappy part is that when I workout more, I get hungry and want to eat more....making the whole thing a waste of time if I eat.

I don't like breakfast. Used to skip it entirely, which was terrible for me. Last year I started to drink a V8 breakfast drink for breakfast and that was it. I've been a little bad this month making some bacon/eggs to break in my discada, but now that it's seasoned some I'm doing a small bowl on raisin bran for breakfast and that's helping curb my desire to eat more after lifting or the rest of the day.

It was a slight problem when I was mostly running, but lifting weights really seems to make me hungry.

MouthBQ98
AG
Simple processed carbs and too much fats are what kills your diet. You can eat tons of lean protein and veggies and still eat clean. Booze will also flood you with simple carbs.
AggieChemist
AG
Most of what I eat is protein and fat. I'm doing less than 50 g of carbs per day and am seeing pretty steady weight loss.
agfan2013
AG
Yep, I can't remember if it was on this thread or another, but if you start to hit a plateau don't increase your exercise more, you need to eat more healthy. And watch the volume of what you are eating, working out does make a person more hungry so you need to find filling food that doesn't make you over eat to compensate for working out.

As AC said, that one hour workout doesn't cancel out everything you just did for the other 23, gotta stay on track for those too. Use a fitness/calorie tracker if you are hitting a wall. Monitor everything you are eating vs working out. Calories gotta be a deficit, it's the only way.
reddog90
AG
Someone filtered the handle column? Not sure how to unfilter it and make everyone else show up again.
reddog90
AG
Nvm got it
rather be fishing
AG
Work dinners and 16oz prime ribeyes are probably not the best for me diet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.