Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,919 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 8= 242.7
Wk 9= 239.5
Wk 10 =237
Wk 11= 239.4

Wk 12= 235

My push to the 220s is on... hopefully i can break thru soon.

Have a good week everyone!
AV8ORAG84
AG
Just remember it is very hard to out run your mouth. Smaller portions and eat only when you are hungry and only until you are full. We have a program at work paid for ( naturally slim) , just by following it I have lost 25 pounds in 8 weeeks. No increased exercise or starving. Eat what you like , just smaller portions, and only until full. I rarely finish a plate of food anymore. Used to,eat mine and some of my wife's if she would let me
Good luck to all
TheVarian
AG
I've started eating For a 10 hour period. Starting at 7 and going till 5. I've lost a few lbs already and will hopefully be down 5-10 this month before the wedding

Like most I fell off the bandwagon this month due to Cook-off, rodeo, and wedding/work stresses. This month will kick ass though and I am determined to get down a few more lbs

Keep it up everyone, y'all are doing a great job!

ETA: during the 10 hour eating period, I try to eat 3 balanced meals. Mostly proteins and veggies for me, low Carbs. Then come 5 O'clock, it is nothing but water until 7 AM. Coffee counts as a starting point for the 10 hours if you start it before 7AM since it is a stimulant
Post removed:
by user
BreNayPop
AG
Keep up the good fight
The Wonderer
AG
Finally back to the 200 mark.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 8= 242.7
Wk 9= 239.5
Wk 10 =237
Wk 11= 239.4
Wk 12= 235

Wk 13= 234.7

Not too bad since i ate a metric ton of salt yesterday and started creatine loading last week... no doubt holding some extra water weight. Still need to break into the 220s.

Have a good week everybody.
AggieChemist
AG
I deliberately stepped off the wagon for the TU banquet friday night. Fried chicken, free beer, and bread pudding.

Continued that momentum with a big bowl of ice cream on saturday.

Result is I'm up almost 7 lbs of water. Gonna have to be good this week and get back down.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
All Inlcusive resort for 4 days is not on the diet plan. Only up two pounds, so overall not as bad as expected.
The Wonderer
AG
Now been a solid week under 200 lbs. First time that's happened in over two years.

198.7 this morning.
JoCoAg09
AG
Good work! I was down to 204.2 this morning. I've got 200 in my sights...I think it's been 5 years since I was there.
EFE
AG
Backslid a bit this weekend. Back to 201, a few big dumps and shedding some water weight ought to get me back to 195 by mid week.
toolshed
AG
Page three!! I hope everyone is sticking to it and keeping up their regimine!!

I was on steroids the last week for a terrible case of poison ivy. Started with a shot that didn't do it's job and then started the graduated pack a week later. Last time I had a steroid shot for plantar fasciitis I gained a bit of water weight so I was nervous. But I did my official weigh in today and am down 7 lbs of fat in the last two weeks, 21 lbs of fat since December and 25 lbs overall since December.

I keep snacking on the jerky and other proteins, trying to resist the good stuff..I mean fat and carbs! Hopefully this streak keeps going!
The Wonderer
AG
Came in at 195.7 this morning. Most of that is due to a lot of coffee yesterday, but it seems water during the day along with a couple of PB&J or turkey sandwiches for lunch and a bowl of cheerios for dinner is helping shed some fat quicker than I had hoped. No snacking and only one soft drink a week is really helping.

What shocks me the most is that I'm still losing weight while giving up tobacco. I thought for sure I'd pack on the pounds while fighting the withdrawals.
BreNayPop
AG
Avoiding withdrawal snacking was hell on me. The oral fixation was worse than the nicotine after the first week. I chewed a metric ton of gum those first few months
The Wonderer
AG
I made the decision while fighting bronchitis a couple of weeks ago, so that helped with the first several days with being on meds and bed ridden. The problem is my boss bums off of me and asked me first day back. Our smoke breaks were when he and I could escape the office and talk about stuff in private in the parking lot.

Surprisingly, I haven't had fixation issues and I drink a lot of water now instead of coffee to help with the psyco addiction withdrawals. Even though I burned through a pack at an all day BBQ on Saturday while drinking beer, I didn't have a problem getting right back on the wagon on Sunday and haven't had cravings since.
BreNayPop
AG
**** yeah, bud. Keep up the good fight. It sucks but is totally worth the health and avoiding bull**** 6 dollar can or pack costs.

Ive been without any since 3/2/16 and still get cravings sometimes.

**** nicotine. You can do it.
Talon2DSO
AG
The Wonderer said:

Came in at 195.7 this morning. Most of that is due to a lot of coffee yesterday, but it seems water during the day along with a couple of PB&J or turkey sandwiches for lunch and a bowl of cheerios for dinner is helping shed some fat quicker than I had hoped. No snacking and only one soft drink a week is really helping.

What shocks me the most is that I'm still losing weight while giving up tobacco. I thought for sure I'd pack on the pounds while fighting the withdrawals.

This is awesome man! Keep it up.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ok gents, finally back at it.

Rehab(for injury, not booze) got me back where I can work out 3-4 days a week again.

After getting up to 223 for a few weeks, I am back down to 217 and headed the right way.
Cancelled
AG
Update:

Have finished a sprint triathlon and part of a Olympic (it got called off after 8 miles into the bike, but I got in the open water swim). 70.3 in May.
aggielostinETX
AG
Triathalons are my next goal.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I guess I've sort of put my current effort in a holding pattern. I've made the decision to see a nutritionist. Both of my brothers have seen her and have had great success losing over 30 lbs each. Both are down below 200 now and started at the weight I am at now. I have an appointment for my initial consultation the first week in May. Then I do my blood work. Then I meet back with her and start my new nutrition plan. Exercise is not the issue. I get ample exercise between walking and weight training. Just need a little added help in the nutrition area. Looking forward to it.

One question for y'all. Do any of you have to get up in the middle of the night to eat something? for the past several months, I wake up once or twice a night to use the bathroom and have to eat something or I can't go back to sleep due to being hungry. This frustrates me that I have gotten in to this habit. What can I do to combat this or what kind of snacks should I eat? I used to just get up and piss then go back to sleep. Now I have to have a snack.
htxag09
AG
Been pretty steady this year. I gained a few pounds in late January. After my marathon I felt like I deserved a couple cheat days. That combined with my recovery training program (so a lot less running) added a few pounds. Back down to below my marathon weight now, even considering a week in Colorado, a weekend in Vegas, and a bunch of other distractions.

Did sign up for another marathon in October so my goal weight is probably going to drop a few pounds to be in the 160's....
Ol Jock 99
AG
Shin splints suck.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Shin splints suck.
Come borrow the rower.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Shin splints suck.
Indeed, funny how they never hurt until you stop running. Back in the 80's our track coach prescribed casual shoes that had gummy rubber soles, like a drafting eraser consistency. He also had us put "blister donut" pads under the ball of our feet for extra cushioning.
When I was jogging a year ago my daughter found HOKA shoes and it get the same feel. Never had shin splints and traditionally would have under the same conditions. YMMV. Here is a LINK to their sale page. Also Check Amazon.
Best of luck to your shins.
AgBQ-00
AG
Have gained about 8 pounds since finishing the marathon. Time to get back to work.
TheVarian
AG
Definitely going to check these out. I've had shin splints and they flare up every now and then when I "run."

Thanks!
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
TheVarian said:

Definitely going to check these out. I've had shin splints and they flare up every now and then when I "run."

Thanks!

These ain't beautiful, just white, but they aren't clown shoe colors either and at $70 for a size 12 they are worth a try for me. Just ordered. If I were getting shin splints they would be worth up to $200, so $70 is nice. My first pair was a Hoka Bondi. The soles do wear fast when running/walking on concrete, worth every dime for my feet and legs. BTW the foam sole pad is about 1" thick on every pair I have had. Read a lot of reviews - some shoes run narrow vs wide if that matters in a standard D.

Found this also - Hoka Bondi 4 up to size 11.5
jetch17
AG
Coming off a nearly 2 week backslide after a groin injury and absolutely just eating/drinking my ass off due to client outings and industry conventions. Ive probably had more carbs/alcohol/sugar in the last 2 weeks than i have the last 2 months, and my body is definitely telling me.

ive got a month leading up to annual physical and will be going pretty lean & clean up til that.

weighed in at 212 today and feel like absolute balls (which is about 6-7 over my steady norm).
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 11= 239.4
Wk 12= 235
Wk 13= 234.7
Have a good week everybody.

Wk 14= 233

Inches feel way less, but weight just wont fall
JoCoAg09
AG
You've averaged 2 lb/wk over 14 weeks. That's great progress.

SW - 223.8
GW - 190

WK 14 - 203.0

I can just taste sub-200. Haha.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Your aren't allowed to use that emoji when you've dropped 30 lbs.
BreNayPop
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Your aren't allowed to use that emoji when you've dropped 30 lbs.

I feel like i ate and worked out enough to drop 60.

The struggle is real.
AggieChemist
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

I guess I've sort of put my current effort in a holding pattern. I've made the decision to see a nutritionist. Both of my brothers have seen her and have had great success losing over 30 lbs each. Both are down below 200 now and started at the weight I am at now. I have an appointment for my initial consultation the first week in May. Then I do my blood work. Then I meet back with her and start my new nutrition plan. Exercise is not the issue. I get ample exercise between walking and weight training. Just need a little added help in the nutrition area. Looking forward to it.

One question for y'all. Do any of you have to get up in the middle of the night to eat something? for the past several months, I wake up once or twice a night to use the bathroom and have to eat something or I can't go back to sleep due to being hungry. This frustrates me that I have gotten in to this habit. What can I do to combat this or what kind of snacks should I eat? I used to just get up and piss then go back to sleep. Now I have to have a snack.

Drink a big ass glass of water?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.