Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,911 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brush Country said:

So you pee all that water you drink out in the shower?

Shower deuce
silent majority
SW -- 162lbs.
GW -- 170lbs.

I'm a 25yo hyperthyroid so this is a real challenge. I have to eat ~25% more calories than I burn. I've reached 170 before but it was fatty weight. I want it to be clean. Have to eat like a mad man.
Sean98
AG
reddog90 said:

AggieChemist said:

Sean98 said:

Weigh in now and body-shame yourself like you're supposed to do!
Fine. Tomorrow morning.
I weigh every morning and average weekly to keep track. Before or after morning piss, BM, etc, just pick one way and do that. But I always weigh before I eat or drink anything for the day, and before I workout (I lift at 5 am). Anyone else do this?

I see slight fluctuations daily and feel like watching the averages is better than just weighing one day a week.

I weigh multiple times per week but count my Monday morning weigh in because I usually eat worst on weekends so Monday morning is my worst weight.
Lungblood
7 months and 1 day til next years elk and muley season... Eye on the prize. Day 1
BreNayPop
AG
Wow... page 3 bump.

Weigh in day tomorrow!
CharlieBrown17
AG
I submitted my application to go back to train this summer.... Guess it's time to start hitting the weights seriously
AggieChemist
AG
Stuck at 243 for the second straight week. Stupid plateaus.
GasAg90
Returning from Vegas this morning so weigh in delayed until tomorrow.
aggielostinETX
AG
Wheel off wagon. Work travel killing me. Need to get back on the rower.
Buck Compton
AG
Deats said:

I travel for work 4-5 days a week. "Seafood to stay skinny" is life on the road. Salads and lean protein only with no alcohol. I suspend the last part for official functions. No fast food.
TwoMarksHand
AG
I lost my fitbit charger and it really killed my momentum...I've found it and now I'm getting back at it.
aggielostinETX
AG
Buck Compton said:

Deats said:

I travel for work 4-5 days a week. "Seafood to stay skinny" is life on the road. Salads and lean protein only with no alcohol. I suspend the last part for official functions. No fast food.

Good advice
BenderRodriguez
AG
240 this week, so up from 239 last week.

I pulled a muscle installing a ceiling fan last week and didn't lift but once....and didn't make good eating decisions.

There's work to be done.

XpressAg09
AG
Checking In:
7.95% of the year has passed.
16.15% of our goal has been met.

That's an 8.2% gap.

Two weeks ago:
4.38%, 11.77%, and a 7.39% gap.

Finished Month 1 strong, fellas.
EFE
AG
Late check in-
Was at 209 at my biggest during the holiday bloom, been hovering around 197 for the past week. Thinking 190 is where I need to be. Biggest contributing factor is limited booze and portion control. After years of trying to put on weight, pushing the plate away or not overloading it is a hard habit to break.
rather be fishing
AG
Out of town for work last week and the wife replaced our scale with a new one. It shows me gaining 4lbs.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247

Wk 4 wt= 250

I wasnt bad, but apparently didnt burn the calories i needed to.
AgLA06
AG
I'm in. I added myself to the spreadsheet. (hope I didn't screw anything up)

I should have taken this seriously and joined the thread in 2016.

07/01/2016: 295 lb
10/30/2016: 260 lbs (elk hunt)
01/30/2017: 283lbs (holidays and rets /lazy from elk hunt)

SW 01/30/2017: 283 lb
GW1: 04/30/2017: 260 lb
GW2: 08/31/2017: 240 lb
UGW: 12/31/2017: 220 lb

Personal goal is to find a new job / get a promotion this year so i can hunt out west again in the fall (at sub 240). Not easy to do as a PM in subsea oil and gas right now, but being fat probably isn't helping.

Diet plan:
-less carbs,
-salads 3x week for lunch,
-eat dinner at home 6x week,
-reduced beer. water & coffee only.

Exercise plan:
-3 mile morning walk to start turning into a 3 mile job by year end 5x a week
-Gym work out 4x week during lunch at work

JoCoAg09
AG
Late to this thread, but I've been working on it since 1/3. I'll input my numbers in the spreadsheet.

SW: 223.8
CW: 216.8
GW: 190
DuckDown2013
AG
Just something to add for individuals weighing themselves--
I suggest you weigh yourself at a consistent time of day over the process. I watch my weight closely and it fluctuates(obviously) throughout the day. I typically will weigh myself first thing in the morning.
The Wonderer
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

Just something to add for individuals weighing themselves--
I suggest you weigh yourself at a consistent time of day over the process. I watch my weight closely and it fluctuates(obviously) throughout the day. I typically will weigh myself first thing in the morning.
In the morning, after the poop, but before the shower.
Sean98
AG
204.2 this week, so down a pound. But overall not a good week for me. My first 80+ hour work week of the year led to limited workouts, and a less than stellar meal plan. A few nights of no dinner and 2 hard days of bird hunting this weekend are likely to thank for the weight loss because the rest of the week was trash.

Now I'm starting off this week with some kind of minor head cold.
AggieChemist
AG
Been better with my nutrition this week... 240.2 this morning. I've been eating good healthy food, but a lot of it. This week I'm going with a little more self denial.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Trying to find a way to give myself no excuse for working out in the morning before work, so I shock my body by doing the 11 minute warmup to INSANITY every morning. Finish panting like a dog.
Roughly 1000 steps, 175 cals burned and 135bpm average heart-rate for 11 solid minutes.
My heart-rate doesn't drop below 100 until I get out of the shower that follows.
We'll see...
Sean98
AG
That's probably better than what I do, but at least I'm doing something.

I have a handful of little exercise type apps. Sit-ups, push-ups, squats, etc. and the phone pings me at 5:30am to do something. Sit-ups every day, alternating days for squats/push-ups. all just body weight at this point. then I try to row as much as possible, but the last 2 weeks between schedule and sickness that hasn't happened. ...even just a tiny little bit of something makes me feel a lot better and it's better than hitting snooze another time then racing to work. It also gradually escalates over time. 65 sit ups a day becomes 80, becomes 100, becomes 125, etc., etc.

I do think I'll feel better when I get back to rowing again (which will only happen when I can breathe).
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Sean98 said:

That's probably better than what I do, but at least I'm doing something.

I have a handful of little exercise type apps. Sit-ups, push-ups, squats, etc. and the phone pings me at 5:30am to do something. Sit-ups every day, alternating days for squats/push-ups. all just body weight at this point. then I try to row as much as possible, but the last 2 weeks between schedule and sickness that hasn't happened. ...even just a tiny little bit of something makes me feel a lot better and it's better than hitting snooze another time then racing to work. It also gradually escalates over time. 65 sit ups a day becomes 80, becomes 100, becomes 125, etc., etc.

I do think I'll feel better when I get back to rowing again (which will only happen when I can breathe).
We are all different, so different things work for everyone.
I almost always (4 out of 5 weekdays) will do either weights or a tabata workout in the evening after work also.
I just wanted a weekday morning jump start.
jetch17
AG
the spreadsheet cells dont seem to be automatically updating with new entry ... FYI
Muzzleblast

Since I retired and I've been doing lots of walking with the dog.

I weighed about 245. I'm now at 220.

Use my Fitbit and weigh in on the Aria scale daily.

When I was flying back and forth to Africa ate lots of unhealthy food.

Sean98
AG
I guess I should have said, "that is DEFINITELY better than what I do."

...this time of year my normal workday is from 6:30-10pm so carving out much time to workout really isn't high on my priority list. So this year rather than try to squeeze in a real workout, and then when I fail just totally fall of the wagon, I'm trying to do a little bit in the morning while I'm waking up/organizing, and then try to find a small time mid-day to do *something*. It's really more of a 'don't become obese between now and June' thing.

Then I can work on the real issue June-September to be ready for whatever I hope to do.
Swarely
I got hurt right at the first of the year. You can see the crazy story here. https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/2831488

Anyways, I cant work out, and I'm having trouble with the diet So I'm only don two pounds.
AggieChemist
AG
jetch17 said:

the spreadsheet cells dont seem to be automatically updating with new entry ... FYI
It's giving you the benefit of the doubt by pulling your lowest weight for the calculation. You gained weight last week.
The spreadsheet is working properly...

your diet isn't.
AgLA06
AG
Updated.

This was a crappy week. Sick kid, super bowl, and shenanigans at work means I didn't get many work outs in. Only dropped 1.5#s.

On to the new week.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250

Wk 5=248
DuckDown2013
AG
Here's a great 4 minute warm up we do at crossfit after stretching to get a good sweat going before you start your work out.
Max effort
4 rounds of:
:15 sec jumping jacks
:15 sec air squats
:15 sec mountain climbers
:15 sec jumping air squats

Great way to work on squat mobility as well.
AggieChemist
AG
I do C******t on M, W, F at 5:30 am. Recently they cancelled the 5:30 class on Wed only, but I still go in and try to do a workout, as long as it's something I feel comfortable doing without being observed/spotted/etc.

I decided to start doing stronglifts 5x5 on Wednesdays to give me more structure to that workout. But since I'm only doing it once per week, I don't know how it will work out. I decided to just do back squat, deadlift, and overhead press, and leave out the bench and barbell row.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.