Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

77,570 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brush Country said:

Every weight in Sean reports has to reference his morning brown trout in some fashion.
It's a key aspect. I made the mistake of my first weigh in being BEFORE. and now for consistency sake I feel like I have to keep weighing in before. It was a bad initial decision.
The Wonderer
AG
Sean98 said:

Brush Country said:

Every weight in Sean reports has to reference his morning brown trout in some fashion.
It's a key aspect. I made the mistake of my first weigh in being BEFORE. and now for consistency sake I feel like I have to keep weighing in before. It was a bad initial decision.
That's it, now you have to post the pre- and post-weights.
toolshed
AG
Maybe it's not fully precise, but I see the results correlative to my habits. Water weight was up a couple weeks ago. So I was more intentional about the water consumption, peed all the time, middle of the night (which I don't ever do). Next weight in, the water weight was down.

I also see the results in other ways like the fit of clothes, vs just a number on a scale, so I know it's working, and I am losing fat, despite losing lots of lbs each week.

It's part of the program, gives me something to work toward and be rewarded by, so overall I believe it's helpful in my journey.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
toolshed said:

Maybe it's not fully precise, but I see the results correlative to my habits. Water weight was up a couple weeks ago. So I was more intentional about the water consumption, peed all the time, middle of the night (which I don't ever do). Next weight in, the water weight was down.

I also see the results in other ways like the fit of clothes, vs just a number on a scale, so I know it's working, and I am losing fat, despite losing lots of lbs each week.

It's part of the program, gives me something to work toward and be rewarded by, so overall I believe it's helpful in my journey.
I just try to be as consistent about how and when I take any measurement.
Take a lot of them and hope to see a trend.
dubi
AG
Brush Country said:

I noticed that also.

Please stop that.....
Hoss
AG
toolshed said:

The program that my wife and I are doing has a Tanita scale that measures and gives a read out of your overall weight, BMI, fat %, fat mass, muscle weight, water weight, plus a few other numbers. So each week I have a print out of all the numbers that I can track.

As far as shedding muscle, that's why we regulate and make sure we consume the right amount of protein calories. If we don't get enough lean protein calories, then yes, you see your muscle weight decrease. For me, 6'3", started at almost 300 lbs, I have to get in 1100 calories of lean protein, plus some veggies and fats. It's essentially a ketonic diet.

I get eating protein, but protein alone won't help you retain muscle. There has to be resistance training to do that. That's why I'm dubious about the 11 lbs you've lost being ONLY fat. If I understood you correctly that has been from diet alone and you haven't been working out. If that's the case, I bet some of that 11 lbs is also muscle. When there's a calorie deficit the body's natural response is to want to get rid of what requires the most calories (muscle), so it naturally wants to shed muscle first. The only way to counteract that is with strength training. Muscles that don't get used don't stick around. That's why body builders have to continue workout out.

Don't get me wrong. You're doing great. It's just incredibly difficult to lose fat without also losing muscle unless you're doing resistance training.
Sean98
AG
dubi said:

Brush Country said:

I noticed that also.

Please stop that.....
Done and done.
Brush Country
Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir.
toolshed
AG
I do manual labor in construction for a living, spent 8-9 hours Saturday on a chainsaw cutting trees. So there is "resistance" work involved. I agree, more regular workouts would make the numbers more successful. I'm just stating what I see and what I know based on my past experience doing the same program. I didn't mean to get hung up on the distinction between a couple numbers, but more so the overall trend.
The Wonderer
AG
Sean98 said:

dubi said:

Brush Country said:

I noticed that also.

Please stop that.....
Done and done.
The constitutional or the post-constitutional posting?
AggieChemist
AG
Rode the fatbike to work this morning. It was a balmy 36 degrees. Unreal weather for January. I am also currently second place in the work "biggest loser" competition. I've lost 6.6% since the new years weigh in. I'm not particularly interested in winning, unless I happen to do so, but I'm not going to do anything stupid to "compete".
BreNayPop
Sean98
AG
Work helped me create a small caloric deficit last night. I was stuck in committee until about 8:30 and my rule is don't eat a meal after 7:30pm, so no dinner last night. Did have a granola bar and some yogurt and a short workout before bed.
Canyon99
Hit my head earlier this week and ended up with a concussion. No workouts this week.
Sean98
AG
That'll teach you to talk back to the wife.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I need Aries to check in as another OB female with young kids. I was doing great in December before Christmas then hit a huge snag. Have had a hard time getting back on track. Sick kids and baby dad guiding a lot means mamma needs beer and no time/or babysitter for exercising.
Hoss
AG
Weighed in at 297.6 this morning for a 5.8 lb loss since last Saturday. My kids and I celebrated this victory with world famous Round Rock donuts and kolaches.
BenderRodriguez
AG
SW: 244
CW: 239
GW: 225

Down 1 this week.

Progress is progress.

Sean98
AG
Also down 1 pound. Not a "great week" for me in regards to my eating in particular, but that is going to be the norm for much of the next few months due to work.

I think what I'm seeing to date is that my bad days are just as bad as they were in the fall, but I'm sprinkling in a few more good days than I would normally have and that's baby steps.
AggieChemist
AG
I was down big Friday morning, but had a cheat meal for the first time in three weeks Friday night and then a couple slices of pizza at a birthday party on sunday. May take a couple days to piss out all the sodium and water and get back down where I was. I may weigh in mid-week this week.
LOL
Sean98
AG
Weigh in now and body-shame yourself like you're supposed to do!
BreNayPop
AG
SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247

Staying under 1800 cals per day, aerobic exercise of 30 mins a day, trying to walk 15-20k steps each day. Had a confernece for the past 4 days and am still holding true despite that.
aggielostinETX
AG
216 after a bad week of work travel and 2 workouts...
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Dang those girl scouts and their cookies!!!!!
AgsForTheWin
AG
Thanks for doing this AggieChemist!
AggieChemist
AG
Sean98 said:

Fine. Tomorrow morning.
dubi
AG
After a week of vacay I am downright embarrassed by my weight.
Furlock Bones
AG
1/10 - 190.4
1/24 - 183.6

wasn't the best week. but i still managed to keep my calories down overall.
jetch17
AG
staying on course until late week since birthday is on Friday, and you better believe there will be some texmex and beveraging ongoing through this weekend!

down a couple last week though, even while traveling, managed to keep it pretty clean.
BreNayPop
AG
AggieChemist said:

Sean98 said:

Fine. Tomorrow morning.

Well... we're waiting!!!
BreNayPop
AG
Bump
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
dubi said:

After a week of vacay I am downright embarrassed by my weight.
Its fine, you enjoyed your vacation, now get back to it.
reddog90
AG
AggieChemist said:

Sean98 said:

Fine. Tomorrow morning.
I weigh every morning and average weekly to keep track. Before or after morning piss, BM, etc, just pick one way and do that. But I always weigh before I eat or drink anything for the day, and before I workout (I lift at 5 am). Anyone else do this?

I see slight fluctuations daily and feel like watching the averages is better than just weighing one day a week.
Hoss
AG
reddog90 said:

AggieChemist said:

Sean98 said:

Fine. Tomorrow morning.
I weigh every morning and average weekly to keep track. Before or after morning piss, BM, etc, just pick one way and do that. But I always weigh before I eat or drink anything for the day, and before I workout (I lift at 5 am). Anyone else do this?

I see slight fluctuations daily and feel like watching the averages is better than just weighing one day a week.
I weigh several times a week, but Saturday is the day I count. I typically get up, use the restroom, take a shower and then weigh after I dry off. If I weigh before and after the shower it's almost always a one pound difference (lower weight after the shower). Not quite sure why, but it's consistent. If I weigh before and after a workout it can be a 3-4 pound difference depending on the workout.
Brush Country
So you pee all that water you drink out in the shower?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.