Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,047 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
unearth222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
updated. Didn't loose any weight this past week, but had 5 days of productive workouts. I am on baby watch as my wife and I are expecting our first any day. That will likely impact my workout routine, but hopefully not too much.
Ol Jock 99
AG
unearth222 said:

I am on baby watch as my wife and I are expecting our first any day. That will likely impact my workout routine, but hopefully not too much.

Oh my friend.

XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

I am on baby watch as my wife and I are expecting our first any day. That will likely impact my workout routine, but hopefully not too much.
Bad news for you...my youngest is just over three months and is starting to sleep through the night with more regularity (after only doing it for the first time about a week ago)

I'm finally able to get to the gym or out of the house now...after three months.

You're in for a world of hurt...sleepless, stinky, spit-up-filled hurt.
AggieChemist
AG
Hit a couple extra pounds lower this am on the scale. Probably water, but I'll claim it for this week. 241.4
Sean98
AG
I didn't weigh in this morning so I'll get it tomorrow. With 3 days of big meals and 2 days of trudging through icy bird fields I'm not sure if I'll weigh more or less... my guess is more but we'll see. Biscuits and gravy and pizza weigh more than a shotgun does, even my heavy ass 11-87.
Hoss
AG
Sean98 said:

I didn't weigh in this morning so I'll get it tomorrow. With 3 days of big meals and 2 days of trudging through icy bird fields I'm not sure if I'll weigh more or less... my guess is more but we'll see. Biscuits and gravy and pizza weigh more than a shotgun does, even my heavy ass 11-87.
Now I want biscuits and gravy.
unearth222
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Quote:

Bad news for you...my youngest is just over three months and is starting to sleep through the night with more regularity (after only doing it for the first time about a week ago)

I'm finally able to get to the gym or out of the house now...after three months.

I generally work out over lunch at a gym downstairs. As soon as I get back to the office, the plan is to continue that trend assuming I have any energy left after sleepless nights.
Furlock Bones
AG
down 3.6 pounds from last week. i'm guessing mostly due to the no beer drinking. had a couple of glasses of red wine but that's it.

wife was in town (we're currently living in 2 different cities. hopefully for no more than a couple of more months), took her to Kerbey Lane for breakfast. only cheat meal of the week.
The Wonderer
AG
nm
Sean98
AG
206.8 before my morning deuce. I was tempted to go ahead and put in 198.2 since my morning post-chili growler will probably be the same size as an 8#, 6 oz baby Jesus. ...but I didn't.

I'm now at 33.3% of my annual weight loss goal.
AggieChemist
AG
unearth222 said:

XpressAg09 said:

Quote:

I generally work out over lunch at a gym downstairs. As soon as I get back to the office, the plan is to continue that trend assuming I have any energy left after sleepless nights.
A little anecdote for you.

It's about April of 2010. The big bossman walks into my office and says, "Baby sleeping through the night now, huh?"

I said, "yes actually, how did you know?"

He responds, "because you're not a ****ing zombie today."

Have fun.
Aries
XpressAg09 said:

Quote:

It's an exhaustion unlike anything else. My 3 month old has been sleeping 8 hours on a regular basis for a month & I'm still exhausted.

Side note, I seem to be down 3 lbs.
Brush Country
150 oz? Holy sheet my bladder would explode.
Cancelled
AG
In November I started training for an Ironman. It's really a 2018 goal, but I will be doing a sprint triathlon in march, an Olympic in April and a 70.3 in May.

I couldn't swim a lap in November. I'm up to 1.5 miles. Biking is ok. Running is the problem...I'm too slow.

The great this is that I eat whatever I want and the weight melts away.
Hoss
AG
Brush Country said:

150 oz? Holy sheet my bladder would explode.

Gotta admit it took some adjusting. I went from not really drinking water at all (drank a lot of Diet DrPepper) to drinking three 50 oz bottles a day. It took about a week and a lot of trips to the restroom, but now my body craves it. I have a 1.5L (50 oz to the top) water bottle that I pretty much take with me everywhere I go. I try to drink one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. The morning and afternoon bottle is no problem, but I don't always finish the evening bottle. I honestly think it helps though. My body just seems to feel better and recover faster. If I go a day without getting enough I can feel the difference.
trip
AG
Just started up. Had a surgery on Jan 5th that I had to recover from before I could get after the weight.
Start 240 lbs.

Goals: lose 25 pounds and run the Houston Marathon next year.

Yesterday did P90X and a jog.
XpressAg09
AG
You're now on the sheet. Please check for accuracy.
XpressAg09
AG
Status Report, Ags.

4.38% of the year has passed and we are at 165 lbs. lost, which translates to 11.77% of our goal.
Hoss
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Status Report, Ags.

4.38% of the year has passed and we are at 165 lbs. lost, which translates to 11.77% of our goal.

I'm down from 303.4 on Saturday to 299.6 this morning, so it's a little more than that now.
Buck Compton
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Status Report, Ags.

Gotta love losing that water weight!
htxag09
AG
Lost over a pound but planning on gaining about 5 this week with my celebratory Mexican food, burgers, booze, and ice cream.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i walked 22 miles last week. Rain is putting a damper on that this week though.
Buck Compton
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

i walked 22 miles last week. Rain is putting a damper on that this week though.
I ran in the rain last night. I absolutely HATE running on a tradmill, so it was either do some P90x or get outside in the rain anyway. It was actually a great run, and faster than I have run in a long time.
Hoss
AG
I dislike running. I like losing weight though and I'm down almost 5 pounds from Saturday, so the eating plan I posted is working for me. I've only worked out once this week (and it wasn't a particularly difficult workout).
toolshed
AG
My weigh in yesterday overall yielded a gain of 2 lbs, but the breakdown was that I lost 2 lbs fat, gained 3 lbs water and gained a little muscle as well. So I'm loading up on water this week and continuing the diet plan, since it seems to be yielding the fat loss that I need. So far since early December I am down 11 lbs of just fat with diet alone. I need to add in some weight/ resistance and some more aerobic exercising to boost the fat loss. But I'm happy with the results thus far, I didn't gain it all overnight, it's not going to go away overnight!!
agfan2013
AG
Buck Compton said:

Iran in the rain last night. I absolutely HATE running on a tradmill, so it was either do some P90x or get outside in the rain anyway. It was actually a great run, and faster than I have run in a long time.

I didn't run last night but count me in the group of people that like to run in the rain. I won't run in a downpour or lightning, but if it's light enough I really seem to enjoy it.
Hoss
AG
toolshed said:

My weigh in yesterday overall yielded a gain of 2 lbs, but the breakdown was that I lost 2 lbs fat, gained 3 lbs water and gained a little muscle as well. So I'm loading up on water this week and continuing the diet plan, since it seems to be yielding the fat loss that I need. So far since early December I am down 11 lbs of just fat with diet alone. I need to add in some weight/ resistance and some more aerobic exercising to boost the fat loss. But I'm happy with the results thus far, I didn't gain it all overnight, it's not going to go away overnight!!
How are you determining that? Without weights I would expect that 11 lbs to be a combination of fat and muscle. Our bodies like to hold onto fat but they don't like holding onto muscle that isn't being used.
dubi
AG
I'm at a resort in Cayman Brac eating buffet at every meal. So who knows what the scale will tell me when i get home!
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I have been on a Keto/Low carb diet since last March.
I also do at least moderate workout at least 3-5 days a week.
I have lost as nearly many inches as I have pounds. I feel good.
I have changed my lifestyle instead of "gone on a diet"

Basic measurements
1" in neck
2.5" in chest
4" at belly button
3.5" on my belt line
2" around my butt
I actually made up a measurement around my head at my top lip and under my ears and I have lost more than 1" there. I am less of a fathead now.

Why did I post this other than being kind of proud of my "progress"?
If I solely used weight to judge my progress I would have been very frustrated. YMMV
Keep it up everyone, I am no where near being done.
Sean98
AG
Last night was one of my "favorite" legislative receptions of the year. A great local Mexican food place that just loads us up with burritos, enchiladas, a bowl of guac bigger than my head and HEAVY fried chips. I had to have gained 30 pounds from that alone.

...but I did a (very) small workout last night and another this morning. Per the scale it was only about 1.5 pounds before my morning constitutional.

The good news is it was only 1.5 pounds. ...the bad news is there are leftovers.
toolshed
AG
The program that my wife and I are doing has a Tanita scale that measures and gives a read out of your overall weight, BMI, fat %, fat mass, muscle weight, water weight, plus a few other numbers. So each week I have a print out of all the numbers that I can track.

As far as shedding muscle, that's why we regulate and make sure we consume the right amount of protein calories. If we don't get enough lean protein calories, then yes, you see your muscle weight decrease. For me, 6'3", started at almost 300 lbs, I have to get in 1100 calories of lean protein, plus some veggies and fats. It's essentially a ketonic diet.
toolshed
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

If I solely used weight to judge my progress I would have been very frustrated. YMMV
I notice the fit of clothes is different and the inches lost vs. just the impact of the number on a scale as well. My wife gets frustrated that the numbers don't move a lot for her, but she's been able to step down in pant sizes already, even though her total lbs lost is a relatively small number.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
toolshed said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

I notice the fit of clothes is different and the inches lost vs. just the impact of the number on a scale as well. My wife gets frustrated that the numbers don't move a lot for her, but she's been able to step down in pant sizes already, even though her total lbs lost is a relatively small number.
I think the never being HANGRY has been one of the best things about this Keto "diet".
I will probably have to buy new cloths in a couple of months since what I wear now have been getting b****.
Brush Country
Every weight in Sean reports has to reference his morning brown trout in some fashion.
Buck Compton
AG
toolshed said:

The program that my wife and I are doing has a Tanita scale that measures and gives a read out of your overall weight, BMI, fat %, fat mass, muscle weight, water weight, plus a few other numbers. So each week I have a print out of all the numbers that I can track.

As far as shedding muscle, that's why we regulate and make sure we consume the right amount of protein calories. If we don't get enough lean protein calories, then yes, you see your muscle weight decrease. For me, 6'3", started at almost 300 lbs, I have to get in 1100 calories of lean protein, plus some veggies and fats. It's essentially a ketonic diet.
I wouldn't try to get too precise with a Tanita scale. BIA scales have quite a large error rate based on their inherent limitations (electricity takes the path of least resistance, and thus won't even hit your arms or torso). BIA scales tend to underestimate body fat by 5-10 pounds compared to a more robust test.

I don't know of any reliable way to separate muscle fiber weight from skeletal/organ weight from water weight. I would be wary of any scale that claims to do all of that reliably. But as always, if it helps you lose weight, then keep using it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.