Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,916 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Must be a lot of sugar in the Chick-fil-a marinade. Those nuggests have too many carbs for how they are breaded.
EFE
AG
Holding at 198 for the longest, need to start cardio and weights again to get to my next drop
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

Must be a lot of sugar in the Chick-fil-a marinade. Those nuggests have too many carbs for how they are breaded.
About 1.1 carb per nugget breaded.
About 0.25 carb per nugget grilled.
Sean98
AG
I'm going to make pheasant jambalaya tonight. Lots of rice and creamy sauce.

Pretty sure it's super low carb and super healthy.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Sean98 said:

I'm going to make pheasant jambalaya tonight. Lots of rice and creamy sauce.

Pretty sure it's super low carb and super healthy.
With cauliflower rice?
I had 1/2 pound of BBQ smoked German sausage for lunch with a large iced tea.
EFE
AG
Oh hey, 195. It's nice to see you.
AggieChemist
AG
238 again. And still.

Still doing all the right things. Maybe I'll get another big drop later in the week.
Talon2DSO
AG
AggieChemist said:

238 again. And still.

Still doing all the right things. Maybe I'll get another big drop later in the week.

Last time I was 238, I was in the Air Force. Best shape of my life
MouthBQ98
AG
My drops in weight are kind of streaky. You have to get your metabolism into fat burning mode, and that can be very sensitive to what you are eating. Mine is very sensitive to simple carbs, particularly starches for some reason.

I hit 168 this weekend. Not bad, but I could still trade a couple pounds fat for muscle. Getting a body comp test this week to determine my % body fat
Buck Compton
AG
Fell off the wagon the past two weeks. Worked a combined 205 hours and was eating anything in sight just for the energy to stay awake and productive with work. Didn't even weigh myself because I feel that fat.

Going to dedicate myself to an eating reset this week, but still looking at about 70 hours, don't know if I can work out.
BreNayPop
AG
BreNayPop said:

SW 262
GW 200

SW= 262
Wk 1 wt= 258
Wk 2 wt= 252.2
Wk 3 wt= 247
Wk 4 wt= 250
Wk 5=248
Wk 6 wt= 248.4
Wk 7= 244

Wk 8= 242.7

Time to push into the 230s.

Started P90X2 in addition to steps.
Sean98
AG
Quote:

I hit 168 this weekend. Not bad, but I could still trade a couple pounds fat for muscle. Getting a body comp test this week to determine my % body fat
Scrawny little b****.

Let's see.... 168... I was 168 in about 7th grade. ...and then again in college when I got sick, lost 50 pounds, and then never gained it back because I couldn't afford food AND beer, so I chose beer.

Edit: I kid of course. Great work.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG

Bacon & Green Onion Curry Fried Crice.
This actually turned out really well with bacon and a little yellow curry powder to hide the hint of cauliflower taste left in the C-rice. (Total 9g carbs with 3g fiber.) BTW, I hate cauliflower, but I think I found a way to eat it and actually enjoy it while low carbing. Even pulled out the fine china and silver ware.
MouthBQ98
AG
Fwiw, I'm only 5'9" tall. Using BMI I am just barely out of the overweight range at about 170lb. Of course, BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass vs fat weight very well, so if you lift it will be off some.
Sean98
AG
Please, please, PLEASE don't ever judge yourself by the BMI (I know you're not, but I think some do). That thing is such horse s**t. I guess it's a starting point of some kind, but according to it, every NFL QB/RB, some of the finest athletes on the planet, are grossly overweight.

When I was still actively playing baseball and in the best shape of my life I was "morbidly obese" per the BMI.

Edit: Currently at 6'4", 202 I am within 0.2 BMI of being "overweight." ...sigh...
aggielostinETX
AG
Up a pound.. workouts have gone to **** after my knee started hurting again.
Starting flexibility and mobility PT tomorrow. Hopefully back at it.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I believe BMI is used by Insurance companies to give people higher ins. rates unless they starve themselves.
MouthBQ98
AG
I see people that are mid BMI and they look like concentration camp survivors, or marathoners maybe. Thin, but not athletic really.
EFE
AG
Per BMI at 6'2" and 195 I'm .04 BMI points overweight. Y'all can go ahead and start fat shaming me now.
Sean98
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Fwiw, I'm only 5'9" tall. Using BMI I am just barely out of the overweight range at about 170lb. Of course, BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass vs fat weight very well, so if you lift it will be off some.
...solely for the sake of humor I offer you this personal story of my growth habits. FWIW, I've always been a yo-yo'er.

The summer between my 8th/9th grade I was roughly 5'5", 175. The next summer between 9th/10th grade I was almost 6'3" and weighed 180#. ...I realize this may not be in your future, but keep the faith! It CAN happen!! ;-)

You can also see why I had trouble walking/chewing gum as a freshman in HS. That is a lot of gangly growth going on in a short time frame. :-/
Sean98
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Per BMI at 6'2" and 195 I'm .04 BMI points overweight. Y'all can go ahead and start fat shaming me now.
Eagle Ford...

AggieGunslinger
AG
I would bet my life ins. company did but I know my health ins. company doesn't.
AgLA06
AG
SW 01/30/2017: 283 lb
GW1: 04/30/2017: 260 lb
GW2: 08/31/2017: 240 lb
UGW: 12/31/2017: 220 lb

WK5: 283.6
WK6: 282
WK7: 281.4
WK8: 281
WK9: 279

I'm losing weight, but its going too slow. I need to concentrate and commit to this. The first quarter of the year is hard for me to get on any repetitive schedule between work and Rodeo consuming my life all March.
Talon2DSO
AG
AgLA06 said:

SW 01/30/2017: 283 lb
GW1: 04/30/2017: 260 lb
GW2: 08/31/2017: 240 lb
UGW: 12/31/2017: 220 lb

WK5: 283.6
WK6: 282
WK7: 281.4
WK8: 281
WK9: 279

I'm losing weight, but its going too slow. I need to concentrate and commit to this. The first quarter of the year is hard for me to get on any repetitive schedule between work and Rodeo consuming my life all March.

You and I are in the same boat. Same weight and hurdles. I just joined the Y here in Wheeling and have started getting back into it. It's tough for us but it is worth it...right?
texAZtea
AG
I've cut rice out of my diet as well, but just so I can justify drinking more beer. gotta get that spring break bod
BenderRodriguez
AG
2 months down, 25% of goal weight lost.

Started 244, down to 240.

I'm lifting 3 times a week. Need to bust out the tape and see if the measurements are improving even if the weight isn't going down quickly.

Time to really ramp up in prep for Cola Warrior, so hoping to be much closer to goal weight by the end of May.

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
As mentioned before I am on a low carb (<30g/day) diet with a cheat night every Saturday since March 2016.
I just received my results to compare to before our lifestyle change.

TEST----------------2016-------2017
Cholesterol---------248---------225
Triglycerides-------188---------125
HDL---------------------41----------44

Not great I know, but all numbers are better while eating BBQ, Sausage, HB steaks, Fajita meat, Salads with Blue cheese dressing and like AC said freebasing Guacamole.

I have lost over 15 lbs since before I started the diet, since then very little weight change.
I have lost up to 4" through my midsection, and clothes fit better like when I bought them.
I know that that means I have been swapping muscle for fat and I will take that over weight loss any day.

I was a little worried that maybe I screwed things up with all of the high fat meats, but I got better. I'm happy.
I can continue down the road of low carb lifestyle feeling much better.
MouthBQ98
AG
Calorie wise (not volume) you should be about 30% good carbs, 40% fat, 30% lean protein. Keep in mind fat is very calorie dense.

I just got a caliper and measurements based BMI measurement and in the last 7 weeks I am down from 17.4 to 12.9% body fat. That puts me in the range of professional athletes.

Diet and exercise. Big portions of the good stuff.
MouthBQ98
AG
Something else I've learned is that you fat is much more evenly distributed in your body than you think. That marbled ribeye you buy? Yeah, your body does the same thing with its excess fat. You shrink all over as that fat embedded in your muscles goes.
FSGuide
I started off the year fast. Must've been beer weight from New Years Eve. Now I'm averaging 1 Lb / week.
AggieChemist
AG
Yeah, I've been stuck at 236-238 for over three weeks. One of these days I'll break through the plateau.
Swarely
Weighed in this morning at 215.6. Down 10 lbs on the years of far. Unfourtunatley a lot of that has come from muscle atrophy in my left leg. It's been in a cast the past 5.5 weeks with no weight put on it.
AggieChemist
AG
234 this am.
jetch17
AG
Feelin good after a clean week on the paintrain. Almost got into some beer last night but decided not to.
toolshed
AG
Not my offficial weigh in, but I was 279.8 this morning. Broke the 280 mark, down about 20 lbs since early December.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.