Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,042 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Im starting to see the weight loss in my face.
I actually measured around my head across my upper lip and under my ears and lost almost an inch.
Breggy Popup
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

Bought me a smaller size of pants and wore them to work today. Feel better but need 10 more off to make my goal. Stuck at 218-220.
I'm in the same boat though I haven't bought new pants yet. I have come down to a fairly steady 207 from 233. Goal is 190. My pants are loose as all get out (moved down two belt notches and on the last one) but I don't want to go drop a bunch of money just to end up needing new pants again in a few months.

'Tis a good problem to have though!
AgBQ-00
AG
Been stupid lazy. Weight has crept back into 230's. Just made another deal with wife for motivation. If I get to 185 I will buy the Beretta xplor action 12 gauge.
Sean98
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Been stupid lazy. Weight has crept back into 230's. Just made another deal with wife for motivation. If I get to 185 I will buy the Beretta xplor action 12 gauge.
...you get a gun and...?
AgBQ-00
AG
Well...you know...
She threw in a caveat for herself though. If she reaches her goal weight she gets to have a monthly maid visit for house cleaning. I though it was a good deal!!
Sean98
AG
Win/Win until Trump deports the maid.
AgBQ-00
AG
Day one week one of Beretta challenge

weight 237

goal 185
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
First cheat day in five weeks and it shows on my weigh in. Nothing like seeing all the losses give back to make you motivated. But damn that beer tasted good!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In the 160s for the first time since sophomore year.

Today is day 30 of our whole30. We're transitioning into a paleo keto hybrid.
BreNayPop
AG
Restarted p90x qnd p90x2 today after a cheat weekend got me up to 248.5

I hate that alcohol has calories
agfan2013
AG
I've been following this thread all year, even if not posting in it, since the ones back in 2015 & 2016 helped me lose 40+ and keep it off.

I see a lot of yall talking about cheat day/weekends and just wanted to say yall really have to be careful with that. You need to still track your calories (or start if you arent), even on cheat days. I've seen too many people, including myself, stick to a pretty good plan and run like a 400 calorie per day deficit for 5 days. but then just go hog wild on the weekend and be 1000 calories over on saturday and sunday......well guess what, you just wiped out everything you did for the week.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
3 day fishing trip and beer blowout didn't help any. Back on the road bike.
Still stuck at 219.
9 lbs to go.
BlueSmoke
Down from 215 to 205. My weight, ideally, would be around 200 +/-.

Waist down from 36 to a 33. Still cranking. It's not a singular goal, but of set of progressive goals. 215 to 210. Check. 210 to 205. Check. Waist dropping. Check. Diet changes. Energy levels. Check. I think this is how you go from a "goal", to a lifestyle change - which really is the point.

Then I have diagnostic lab goals: cholesterol. Blood sugar, etc.

Big fan of Peter Attia MD and his site - haven't gone completely down the ketogenic rabbit hole, but I eat a significant amount of my calories from lean proteins/fat and fresh veggies. Meal prep and a food/sleep journal make all the difference. You can't manage what you don't measure.

Quote:

http://eatingacademy.com/

Workouts have transitioned from "typical" gym stuff to almost all HIIT bodyweight/TRX straps/Kettlebells. All can be done at home. Either early in the morning. After work. Or both. Just get after it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Camp Gladiator $9 month

Quick plug for Camp Gladiator. I've been a bit frustrated about my weight getting static for the past month or so. But then I found some old pictures of when I was trying to lose weight back in late 2011. I weighed the same then as I do now (255ish), but the difference is pretty darn startling. Muscle really does weigh more than fat.

CG has been great for me. And this is a good time to give it a try as it is basically free.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Had blood work done. Went and saw my regular doc. Cholesterol well below 200 and triglycerides below 100. First time in a long time! Just need to lose these last 9 lbs.
BreNayPop
AG
Congrats!!

I still suck.
Im at 248 again. Im eating my way thru my workouts. Been doing p90x 5 days a week and added walking an hour starting this week. Even started going to the gun range with any extra time to do other things outside my house.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
First day on the skinnier belt hole.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
165 lbs
30 lbs lost since Feb
10 more to go

Then I'll start a bulk to up the muscle

Keto has been great so far. Going to be tough to stay on it at the lease next weekend for dove season.
AgLA06
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

165 lbs
30 lbs lost since Feb
10 more to go

Keto has been great so far. Going to be tough to stay on it at the lease next weekend for dove season.
Are you 4'-10"?!?!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AgLA06 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

165 lbs
30 lbs lost since Feb
10 more to go

Are you 4'-10"?!?!
5'8" ... so pretty short.
Pretty much been the definition of skinny-fat my whole life. Have never really lifted weights outside of occasionally in high school so I've got a pretty high body fat percentage (26%). Goal is to get that down to 15% or so, so I imagine my weight will go back up.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Damn hurricane followed up by dove season, then stupid Sumlin knocked me off track a bit. Time to get the train moving again. Storms over folks, get back to work!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ttt.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Summer is iust about done. Don't quit now.
Cancelled
AG
Finished my goal of a 70.3. Now I'm working on a marathon by dec.
BreNayPop
AG
247 today

Still working out but eating like trash
Guitarsoup
AG
Halfway there.

20 down
20 to go
AgLA06
AG
I cant' lose weight. I'm eating a lot better and working out 4-5 times a week. I've pretty much stalled out for the last 2 months.

I added a lunch cardio workout starting today. I'm doing the elliptical 4 miles on the hardest setting at lunch and the same in the evenings after a weight circuit. If I don't see some progress I might just give up and accept being fat. I'm practically eating, working out, working, and sleeping with nothing to show for it.

I asked my doctor multiple times and he can't figure anything out.
Sean98
AG
AgLA06 said:

I cant' lose weight. I'm eating a lot better and working out 4-5 times a week. I've pretty much stalled out for the last 2 months.

I added a lunch cardio workout starting today. I'm doing the elliptical 4 miles on the hardest setting at lunch and the same in the evenings after a weight circuit. If I don't see some progress I might just give up and accept being fat. I'm practically eating, working out, working, and sleeping with nothing to show for it.

I asked my doctor multiple times and he can't figure anything out.
Don't accept being fat. Just don't. I tell you this because I've been battling back troubles the last month and I've sort of settled into that accepting it role. And I hate it. So I'm going to stop being fat. It'll be gradual, but I'm in a rut. My back hurts so all I want to do is lay down, and then laying down makes me fat, and because I'm fat my back hurts, and then I want to lay down...

NO.
AgLA06
AG
I'm whining, I know. It's beyond frustrating, it's infuriating. Especially since I really need to lose another 70#s. I've been at this since March and all I have to show for it is -25#s. For someone my size, sneezing should lose 25#s. My doctor has run tests, I've tracked my food in a journal, I'm putting in lots of miles, eating things I don't enjoy, given up sodas and even alcohol for the most part. I"m just not getting anywhere.

My conditioning is night and day. I'm light years ahead of where I was for my elk hunt last year. I can do 4 miles at sub 9 minute miles on the elliptical on the mountain courses and not feel winded. Last year at this time I would do 2.5 miles and lay down afraid I would die from suffocation I was breathing so hard.

I feel better, my body composition has changed, I have more energy, but the scale doesn't budge.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Do you have a calorie goal that you are aiming for and staying under?
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I was doing really good for a while and then Harvey happened... 10 days of everything being closed and doing freezer maintenance (i.e. eating crap loads of brisket and fried fish).

I didn't gain any but it has taken me a few weeks to ween myself off real (tasty) food. I had forgotten how good BBQ and cold beer could be.
The Wonderer
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

I was doing really good for a while and then Harvey happened... 10 days of everything being closed and doing freezer maintenance (i.e. eating crap loads of brisket and fried fish).

I didn't gain any but it has taken me a few weeks to ween myself off real (tasty) food. I had forgotten how good BBQ and cold beer could be.
I'd rather be fat than ever have to make this statement.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I have been living in a hotel for 11 out of every 14 days and it is wrecked my diet/workout. I am back to 240. Trying to just walk a few miles every evening and do some bodyweight workouts.
BaitShack
AG
I'm having a bit of success. I'm at 248, down from 275 a year or two ago. 244 was my water safari weight in 2008.
Buck Compton
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

I have been living in a hotel for 11 out of every 14 days and it is wrecked my diet/workout. I am back to 240. Trying to just walk a few miles every evening and do some bodyweight workouts.
Yep. I spent 221 nights in a hotel last year. My only advice is fish and salads. One bad day can really throw you off track though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.