Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,913 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
BreNayPop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
237.1 this am.

Restarted workouts last week and gained weight
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Dang, didn't work out last week at all and gained 1.2 lbs.
VanZandt92
Pretty sure I need to stop breeding to begin any fitness goals. On the other hand, that's the only exercise I get.
aggielostinETX
AG
VanZandt92 said:

Pretty sure I need to stop breeding to begin any fitness goals. On the other hand, that's the only exercise I get.
I gained 10 lbs with each kid.
Finally heading back in the right direction.
always gig em
AG
Proud of all you guys. Motivated me to do something.
The Wonderer
AG
203. Stress eating and drinking back in full force. Hopefully hear about a new job in the next couple of weeks that should drop the stress levels considerably.
VanZandt92
Deats said:

VanZandt92 said:

I know right? My work is actually tapering of but my kids are active beyond belief. Yesterday I was going to go jog but instead had to play trampoline referee.
The Wonderer
AG
VanZandt92 said:

Deats said:

VanZandt92 said:

I know right? My work is actually tapering of but my kids are active beyond belief. Yesterday I was going to go jog but instead had to play trampoline referee.
Put kids in harnesses and run with them.
aggielostinETX
AG
Once they go to bed, I just want to pass out too...
Ol Jock 99
AG
Deats said:

Once they go to bed, I just want to pass out too...

And the 0430 alarm for workout is getting harder to not snooze past.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Trying to stay below the plateau from hell.
The Wonderer
AG
Still at 203.
Ol Jock 99
AG
So I started curtailing carbs about a week ago. Nothing crazy, just being very aware. Will still have natural carbs (fruit mainly) and the occasional sandwich, but otherwise no bread, pasta, sweets, etc. And I'll be damned...seen a consistent small drop.
The Wonderer
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

So I started curtailing carbs about a week ago. Nothing crazy, just being very aware. Will start natural carbs (fruit mainly) and the occasional sandwich, but otherwise no bread, pasta, sweets, etc. And I'll be damned...seen a consistent small drop.
This is why I'll never lose weight without really stepping up working out. I love milk and grains/bread too damn much.
Talon2DSO
AG
I cut out processed sugars and carbs the first week in may. Don't know if I've lost anything because i haven't weighed myself but I feel a ton better. My belt was on home #2 and now it's on home #4 comfortably. My night heartburn is just about gone as well. I've been eating healthier fats and proteins and staying away from processed. Still enjoy the occasional fruit but I'll save those for later in the day. I'm afraid to weigh myself because if I haven't lost anything I'll just get discouraged.
AggieChemist
AG
Memorial day into a week long work trip didn't do me any favors... up about 3-4 lbs to 238. Back on the wagon this week so hopefully I can eventually break through the plateau from hell.
BreNayPop
AG
Same ac

Working out again but hopefully will drop some water weight soon

Wt unchanged from last post
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I've kind of been following along on this thread.

My brother passed away in September of last year and my weight ballooned way up due to the vicious cycle of some poor eating and exercise habits and too much drinking. I wasn't exactly my ideal weight before his death, but I put on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. I've now lost that weight and am back to what I was before, and am looking to lose some more to get closer to my ideal weight.

Started at 195.
Now at 175.

Goal weight is 155.
Odin
AG
I started going back to the gym, has made a difference on how I feel and the weigth is starting to drop. I just need to avoid the late work nights followed by stress eating with deadlines.
jonj101
248 as of this morning. The scale is moving slower but clothes are continuously getting bigger. 33 more pounds to goal. Hoping to hit it by September 1st.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Started officially in mid May. Eating clean and exercising. Stopped alcohol also. Started at 237.5. At 222 now. First 15 came off easy and quick. Now I have to pay my dues even more to get the last 12 off. Goal of 210. Got back on my road bike last week. Gonna take a few weeks to get my sore ass back in shape sitting on that little seat. Gotta get the legs back in shape too. Slowly but surely now.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
10 pounds down finally
aggielostinETX
AG
So I have been off this thread for a bit but felt I needed to provide an update.

After bouncing up to 226 in April, I decided to go to my doc for full physical and discussion around weight management.

Least to say, he found some issues in the way I was going about it and some other goings on.

Since the visit, I am down 10 pounds(was 13 but damn vacation), and continuing to head in the right direction, with some changes.

So the moral of the story is don't be afraid to ask for help.
Swarely
Anyone else not able to edit the doc?
The Wonderer
AG
Back below 200 to 198.3 today.
BreNayPop
AG
Up at 241 this am. Running and poor diet. Its hot so i know im retaining water.
AggieGunslinger
AG
According to my scale I was 231 on Thursday at 6:30am by Sunday night I was 239.8. On the road for baseball tournaments means I won't eat great but not 9lbs in 4 days bad. I am guessing all the Gatorade i drank to stay hydrated has me retaining water. Hope so at least. I am back to entering everything in MFP as of Monday morning.
The Wonderer
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

According to my scale I was 231 on Thursday at 6:30am by Sunday night I was 239.8. On the road for baseball tournaments means I won't eat great but not 9lbs in 4 days bad. I am guessing all the Gatorade i drank to stay hydrated has me retaining water. Hope so at least. I am back to entering everything in MFP as of Monday morning.
Had you pooped much? Being out in the heat means you're probably retaining a lot of water and whatever food you'd had Sunday may not have processed out when you weighed in. That's why I always weigh myself in the morning after a poop and a shower.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Nope.
maverick2076
I'm at Fort Knox for a training class, and I took my dress uniforms to be altered since I've lost so much weight. Apparently you can reach a point where they can't take in your uniforms enough. So, guess who is buying all new dress uniforms?
JoCoAg09
AG
I've been losing pretty steadily from Jan-May. However, I've been stuck at 193 for 4 weeks. I expected the losses to slow down, but I didn't know they'd immediately come to a halt.
Sean98
AG
I'm up to about 216# and it's bad weight so it's really more like 340#.

The rough part of work is done though and the CWS is over for me so I am all out of excuses. I'll probably be lazy the rest of this week and then ease my way back into a real exercise program.
shiftyandquick
Have ridden my bike over 3,600 miles so far this year. But have been slacking recently.
Ol Jock 99
AG
At your height, I find it hard to imagine that 216 is bad.
Sean98
AG
It ain't good right now. I mean I'm probably not in any real danger of having a stroke tomorrow, but I've probably lost 5-10 pounds of muscle and put on 15 pounds of fat. And that is making me even more tired and lethargic/lazy than normal. So it's cascading on me. But when I was working 90-100 hours a week and sleeping on the couch in my office, sneaking an early morning workout in wasn't a high priority.

Soon though. And baby steps. Salad for lunch today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.