Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,044 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That sounds terrible.
suprafly03
AG
Nah...it's a horrible concoction of lemons, Water, cayenne pepper, and grade b organic maple syrup.

It's organic, it has to be healthy.

It is probably not the healthiest thing, however my friend owns and operates a training facility that trains a number of professional athletes and they all swear by it.

My wife had done it years ago, I mocked it then. He told me they use it a lot, I was shocked!

So I am gonna give it a go. I'm not scared!
TexasAggie_02
AG
sounds like a scam to sell maple syrup.

can i do the cleanse with organic pancakes?

http://www.maplevalleysyrup.coop/step-2-how-to-do-the-lemonade-diet-s/146.htm
suprafly03
AG
Haha. I didn't buy that brand of syrup.

Really showed them
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet Tips
  • 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup per 10 oz glass for detox or weight loss
  • Minimum 6 glasses lemonade per day
  • Nightly herbal laxative tea
  • Morning salt water flush (or plain warm water for a gentler flush)
  • Use organic ingredients and purified water. (Many purifiers will not take out fluoride, so buy bottled water if you have fluoride in your water.)
  • Water and Peppermint tea are the only other things to have while on the cleanse
  • Every time you get hungry, drink another lemonade!
  • Don't leave home without your lemonade! If you go out for the day, pre-make your lemonade and take it with you, or take your ingredients and make it fresh at work if you can. Make sure you take enough.
  • Rest when you're tired and your body says rest.
  • Cleanse with a group - it's fun, and you've got support!

Morning salt water flush?

https://draxe.com/salt-water-flush-recipe/

Quote:

Sometimes called a "salt water cleanse" or a "master cleanse," it's designed to help you cleanse your colon and digestive system by bringing on a forced bowel movement.
Forced bowel movements sounds like a great fun time with friends
The Wonderer
AG
So you drink salt water in the morning and then maple syrup lemonade the rest of the day?
unearth222
AG
calories out > calories in, at a consistent, maintainable defecit.

Unless you are trying to cut weight for a fight, there is no good reason to starve yourself on one of these fad cleanses.
The Wonderer
AG
I'd get a little nervous taking a laxative at night.

I've **** the bed many times in my personal and professional lives, but never literally while sleeping.
rather be fishing
AG
unearth222 said:

there is no good reason to starve yourself on one of these fad cleanses.
You clearly missed the part about the group forced bowel movements every morning.
suprafly03
AG
Yep.

Don't forget the laxative tea in the evening.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/master-cleanse-diet-master-scam/

Quote:

So let's take a look at the components of this diet. Nearly all of it consists of water, which is essential for life, but is of no nutritional value. Next comes the maple syrup. This is the sole source of calories in the diet and prevents you from starving at a faster rate than if it were not included. The calories come from the sugar in the maple syrup. Why maple syrup? No reason except to make it sound esoteric and magical. As far as your body is concerned, sugar is sugar. Next, we add some lemon juice. Essentially, this drink is a form of lemonade using maple syrup instead of plain sugar. What does a lemon contain that makes it so important? Nothing! Lemon juice is a weak acid as is vinegar. The amount of acid already in your stomach is orders of magnitude higher than the little bit of added acid from the lemon juice, so it is essentially like spitting in the ocean. Does lemon have any other magical properties that might help "detoxify" the body or otherwise aid in weight loss? Absolutely not! Last is the cayenne pepper. The only possible effect of this substance is to irritate the lining of the GI tract and to potentially cause diarrhea.
suprafly03
AG
True.

I'm a dentist. So my understanding of human physiology is decent. This is more of a test in mental stamina for me.

I'm going to do this for 10 days. Some of my Buddy's clients go for 20-30.

The goal is for me to see major weight loss to mentally help my start. I may gain back a lot of what I lose. But as I stated earlier, my wife did not.

My mindset is helped greatly if I can lose a lot of weight then maintain a healthy rate. This is better for me mentally than 2-3 pounds per week. Once I'm down quite a bit. The 2-3 pounds per week will be palatable!
dubi
AG
Why not just eat healthy and exercise?
The Wonderer
AG
dubi said:

Why not just eat healthy and exercise?
Because I sit at a desk all day and pizza is delicious!
Ol Jock 99
AG
So what are all these laxatives and forced ****ting supposed to be ****ting out if you aren't eating solids?
suprafly03
AG
That's the plan. Once I'm done torturing myself.

I'm gonna see how it goes. I am at 270 right now and run 3 miles a few times a week. It joints hate me for all 25 minutes. At 250 lbs I'll be able to handle quite a bit more.
BreNayPop
AG
258 this am. Cheated this weekend or coulda had more off.
Sean98
AG
suprafly03 said:

I'm gonna see how it goes. I am at 270 right now and run 3 miles a few times a week. It joints hate me for all 25 minutes. At 250 lbs I'll be able to handle quite a bit more.
That's because running is stupid and terrible for your body.
aggielostinETX
AG
XpressAg09 said:

You're on the non-fat ass tab. Keep your cumulative meters on the monthly cells.

If you row 100,000 in January leave 100,000 in January.
If you row 100,000 in February, put 200,000 in February.

I set your row to count the max cell in the calendars...so as you progress, count the whole year in whatever month we are in...make sense?
Added a gap to goal measure as well.
AggieChemist
AG
You're much more likely to put yourself into a metabolic dysfunction that will make you pack on the weight even more when you go off it.

Best to eat at a 10-20% caloric deficit and exercise.

Or go ketogenic. This lemonade bull**** won't even let you get into ketosis because you're dumping pure sugar into your system. Go keto, cut the carbs, keep protein up, and let your body burn fat for fuel.
ajn142
AG
AC, could you stop weighing the same as me? It's getting confusing since you're right above me on the chart.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The lemonade cleanse worked for me!!

Swarely
I'm tempted to do the lemonade thing just to see how many hours I can go before I say "**** this!"
reddog90
AG
suprafly03 said:

Have you thought about some HIIT cardio instead?
reddog90
AG
AggieChemist said:

You're much more likely to put yourself into a metabolic dysfunction that will make you pack on the weight even more when you go off it.

Best to eat at a 10-20% caloric deficit and exercise.

Or go ketogenic. This lemonade bull**** won't even let you get into ketosis because you're dumping pure sugar into your system. Go keto, cut the carbs, keep protein up, and let your body burn fat for fuel.
^yes
Sean98
AG
Ok, I've churned out 10,000m in the last 24 hours so i guess it could happen .
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Crap. Forgot to weigh. I'll update in the morning.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Go Keto diet or you can do a Keto with Carb Party like my wife and I have done.
What is a Carb party? Six and a half days of 30 carbs or less and saturday night is anything goes.
We do HIIT, weights and Tennis on the weekends.
It is slow going, but we see our body shape and size change with very slow weight loss.
Our mood is better, our health is good and we will do this as a lifestyle because it is so easy.
DuckDown2013
AG
Late to the party:
Starting weight Jan 2016: 215
Current weight: 175
Goal: stay at 175 and maybe add a few more lbs of muscle.
AggieChemist
AG
I am going to update with my workouts for my own edification and motivation. Feel free to do the same. Or not.

5:30 am

warmup

500m row

7 minute AMRAP
10 power clean
3 pushup
3 dip

Result 64 reps

5 minute rest, then sprint

Minute 1: 10 m
Minute 2: 20 m
Minute n: 10n m

Result: 13 min
Sean98
AG
You gonna describe your high sock spandex outfit of the day to us as well?
AggieChemist
AG
Sean98 said:

You gonna describe your high sock spandex outfit of the day to us as well?
I look a lot like this. I'm pretty much a badass.

BreNayPop
AG
Thats awesome work last year!!!
Hoss
AG
People make fun of CrossFit (largely because CF people can't resist the urge to tell everyone they CrossFit), but I started it back in August and absolutely love it. I just turned 40 and after just 5 months I'm lifting heavier weights than I ever have. It still kinda amazes me.
drummer0415
AG
Reasons crossfit annoys me:

1) They can't stfu about crossfit
2) Many of the "exercises" they do are ridiculous, and down right dangerous to your body.
3) They can't stfu about crossfit
4) Calling your gym a "box"
5) They can't stfu about crossfit
6) Posting pictures of your "workout day" on Facebook, complete with a group photo at the end where at least one person is dabbing and at least one dude is shirtless.
7) They can't stfu about crossfit.
8) The fact that someone needs a "trainer" just to work up a sweat is pretty sad
9) They can't stfu about crossfit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.