Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,051 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
AggieChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was this morning. Since people were making light of our 0% progress I entered it. I will update it if I drop anymore by next week.
The Wonderer
AG
reddog90 said:

AC - how do you already have a weight for next week?
He lives in that damn dirty eastern timezone.
Hoss
AG
Quote:

Y'all are artificially inflating the goal number by probably a ton.

Yeah, I get that a lot.
Average Joe
AG
I didn't have much of a goal before. Since my love handles have been frozen all day my new goal is whatever it takes to not have love handles anyone.
Sean98
AG
You'd better lose a lot because I'm about to load up all the Mexican food leftovers and take them home. It's 11 degrees and dropping to -6 tonight so it's highly likely I eat all of the Rice, beans, and fried tacos before the night is over. I'll probably weigh two-fiddy by Monday.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Sean98 said:

You'd better lose a lot because I'm about to load up all the Mexican food leftovers and take them home. It's 11 degrees and dropping to -6 tonight so it's highly likely I eat all of the Rice, beans, and fried tacos before the night is over. I'll probably weigh two-fiddy by Monday.
Isn't methane lighter than air, or just more explosive?
BreNayPop
AG
It doesnt have me on the list and it wont let me edit thru phone... can i be in the spreadsheet?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Something that was important last year was taking measurements
I only lost 12-15 lbs, but inches came off.
These measurements were reassuring from month to month.

I would test weight (duh), fat%, cholesterol and blood sugar if possible.

Try to measure somewhere you will always remember.
I take these measurements as a guy from top to bottom.

Top lip around your head below ears. I actually lost here last year. Yes, a fat head.
Neck line at Adam's apple
Nip line
Chest below pecs
Belly button line
Belt line
Each Thigh at base of boxers or measure
Each Calf at largest
Each Bicep folded
Each Forearm.

Also take front and side photos. In the same place with the same camera every month.
texAZtea
AG
Not trying to be a whiny ass, just noticed the the formula doesn't work for people who are working for gains, be that body weight, a lifting max, etc. I didn't make the sheet because I didn't see a whole lot of desire for it.
jetch17
AG
Down 5 lbs this week just from getting back on plan & cleaning up from the holidays.
XpressAg09
AG
I put you in there.
XpressAg09
AG
I added some info on the second tab. Take a look and let me know if it's understandable.

Basically, assumed everyone there wants to gain weight/mass/strength. So I put "Starting Measurement" and "Goal Measurement." So put what is relevant there, and then track on the monthly columns to the right.
texAZtea
AG
I went ahead and put one of my goals in.
BreNayPop
AG
Thanks
AggieChemist
AG
Starting Weight: 253.4
Current Weight: 245.8
Pounds Lost: 7.6
% of goal: 22.75

Always feels good to piss off that first five pounds of water weight.

We are 1.92% through the year and I have lost 22.75% of my goal. If I can maintain my current progress, I will lose 1,185% of my goal and weigh -150.8 lbs.
AggieChemist
AG
For those of you that haven't updated your goals... I updated them for you.

For argument's sake I assumed each of you wanted to lose 10% body weight.

Please edit for your ACTUAL goals.

But at least now we as a board are chewing on a reasonable goal of ~1500 lbs and not the artificial 4000 lbs that the formula was calculating due to unlisted goals.
AggieChemist
AG
BreNayPop said:

Thanks
What was your starting and current weight? We can edit the spreadsheet for you if you'll report here. Or you can download the google sheets app on your smartphone.
OregonAggie
AG
Current weight 194
Goal weight 175

I hovered between 180 for a decade before screwing my back up deadlifting over a year ago. I have a herniated disk that I've been rehabbing but I haven't really put the fork down and the scale said 198 right after Christmas. Too fat...

194 is my weight today so that's what I plugged in.

Good luck losing some LBs!
BreNayPop
AG
Sw 262
Gw 200
BenderRodriguez
AG
SW: 244
CW: 240
GW: 225

Lifted weights 3 times last week, ran twice, did a total of 121 push-ups and sit-ups.
aggielostinETX
AG
Rowed this week:

Sun 4000m
Tues 4500m
Thursday 4000m
Saturday 8000m

TYD 20500
Left towards goal:
979500m
XpressAg09
AG
You're on the non-fat ass tab. Keep your cumulative meters on the monthly cells.

If you row 100,000 in January leave 100,000 in January.
If you row 100,000 in February, put 200,000 in February.

I set your row to count the max cell in the calendars...so as you progress, count the whole year in whatever month we are in...make sense?
Sean98
AG
I'm down about 2 pounds. I expect to yo-yo back and forth a pretty good bit about where I am right now until at least April. Working 80 hour weeks and eating (and too much drinking) at 3-4 receptions a week will not be helpful
dtkprowler
AG
Thanks AC for putting this together!
suprafly03
AG
I've lost 2 pounds.

But Thursday starts a lemonade "cleanse" diet. 10 days of hell, extreme calorie deficit, and a lot of time on the toilet...

My wife did this year's ago. Lost 15, kept 13 of that off. And she only weighs 113lbs (now). If her skinny ass can do that, I hope to lose 15 to 20 lbs.

Figure it's a good way to kick this off.
aggielostinETX
AG
XpressAg09 said:

You're on the non-fat ass tab. Keep your cumulative meters on the monthly cells.

If you row 100,000 in January leave 100,000 in January.
If you row 100,000 in February, put 200,000 in February.

I set your row to count the max cell in the calendars...so as you progress, count the whole year in whatever month we are in...make sense?
yep
Swarely
Am supposed to get my stitches in my foot out today, but ended up going to urgent care yesterday because my foot ballooned up and my entire lower portion of my leg felt like it was being crushed in a vice.

Turns out I have an infection from my cuts. All drugged up on super antibiotics and pain killers now. Going back today; so fingers crossed for good news. Hopefully I'll be up and running by next week.

I'm the mean time I'm just trying to eat healthy. Also now soda or alcohol for 75 days. Pants are already a little looser. Just can't wait to get back to swimming, biking and running.
AggieChemist
AG
suprafly03 said:

I've lost 2 pounds.

But Thursday starts a lemonade "cleanse" diet. 10 days of hell, extreme calorie deficit, and a lot of time on the toilet...

My wife did this year's ago. Lost 15, kept 13 of that off. And she only weighs 113lbs (now). If her skinny ass can do that, I hope to lose 15 to 20 lbs.

AC's foolproof metabolic cleanse.

1) Own a liver
2) Own a kidney (2 is better!)
3) NOT A DAMN THING ELSE

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE DETOXING YOUR BODY.
suprafly03
AG
Oh I have no notion that this is somehow anything more that a calorie starving diet. I am not doing it as a "cleanse" (which is why I put it in quotations).

But the regimen of it works for me mentally.

I do however think that keeping me from caffeine and chic-fil-a will break me of my habits and subsequently my cravings. But I do not hold any false notion that I am actually cleaning my body by drinking a sugary citrus concoction...
Sean98
AG
You and your GD 1 million bazillion miles goal. You shamed me into setting an erg goal that is stupid high for what I really want to do.
Hoss
AG
AggieChemist said:

AC's foolproof metabolic cleanse.

1) Own a liver
2) Own a kidney (2 is better!)
3) NOT A DAMN THING ELSE

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE DETOXING YOUR BODY.

I would add drink lots of water and eat lots of vegetables (fiber), but yeah...I don't get all the cleanses that people do. I'm not here to tell other people how to handle their business though. Especially since I'm fat.
aggielostinETX
AG
Sean98 said:

You and your GD 1 million bazillion miles goal. You shamed me into setting an erg goal that is stupid high for what I really want to do.
10k a week? You can do that, it's only 50 minutes a week at 2:30 cruise. You probably self-love that much.
Sean98
AG
Well yeah, but I'm not going to STOP that!
Swarely
So you just drink lemonade for 10 days? Sounds terrible.
aggielostinETX
AG
suprafly03 said:

I've lost 2 pounds.

That actually sounds kinda dangerous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.