Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,055 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maverick2076 said:

Yeah, when I first started this I would get anxious and frustrated when I wasn't showing a drop every day. If 3-4 days would go by without a drop, or even a gain, I'd get tempted to throw in the towel. As I got used to my weight loss cycling I stopped worrying so much. Once I get down closer to 190 I'll move to weighing myself weekly.
It definitely fluctuates due to water weight. If you are staying well hydrated and get a little too much sodium one day, the weight will be up the next. Also gains of muscle mass will offset some fat loss at times.

I have two apps I am tracking weight in. LoseIT and FitBit. LoseIT gives a nice trend line over time and FitBit shows me my average weight per week. Both are really helpful in seeing longer trends. I don't worry if I am up half a pound one day or another especially since I am tracking my food/calories.

And for those who haven't seen what "five pounds of fat" looks like...

Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
jake2011 said:

For all of you trying to lose weight, try cutting alcohol, caffeine and sweets for one month. Caffeine is a curse on your weight loss as it gives you cravings and hides your true energy as you cycle from tired to over stimulated and don't sleep as well over all. It is hell getting off of but you feel way better in the long run and have more energy. Water is your friend.
Truth. I cut alcohol for 3 months a few years ago while on medications and dropped 30 pounds without changing anything else. I'd do it again, but, you know, alcohol.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I quit beer one week ago. However, not cutting out alcohol for good. Still gonna have my vodka, topo chico and a splash of cranberry juice (no sugar).
AggieGunslinger
AG
I haven't worked out in weeks and haven't been in Ketosis much at all but seem to be hovering around 235 which is down 30 from the start of the year, so I am calling it a win. Time to gear back up for that last hard push to 220.
jonj101
Yea, I'm doing a ketogenic plan as well - Ideal Protein.

It gets annoying buying the food and supplements, but the weight is falling off pretty good. I'm just hoping I don't plateau and I'm able to hit my goal no later than September. Have around 50 more pounds to go.
aggielostinETX
AG
jonj101 said:

Yea, I'm doing a ketogenic plan as well - Ideal Protein.

It gets annoying buying the food and supplements, but the weight is falling off pretty good. I'm just hoping I don't plateau and I'm able to hit my goal no later than September. Have around 50 more pounds to go.
Mind sharing the cost?
jonj101
Not at all. My wife and I started as a couple. She doesn't have a ton to lose like me but we wanted to do it together.

So initial consultation was $600 ($300 pp but I'm currently trying to get reimbursed for that by my FSA) With the consultation you get on this body analyzer which breaks down your fat, lean muscle mass, water, organs, etc. The initial consultation also gets you a membership "for life," so if you ever fall of the wagon you can come in for free, get analyzed and start over.

Each week you set an appointment and come in and check your progress. That costs nothing, but the food and supplements are roughly around 90 pp each week. That is 3 package items of an Ideal protein food (they have a number of options).

Your food day typically breaks down like this:

Breakfast: Ideal Protein food
Lunch: Ideal protein food + 2 cups of veggies
Snack: Ideal protein food
Dinner: 8 oz of protein + 2 cups of veggies

The consultant will add or adjust as needed.

As you can see it adds up pretty quickly. I've been able to justify it somewhat in my mind because I'm not spending any money eating out like I was before (which is mostly what got me fat in the first place) and that offsets it a bit, but I've also been searching online for comparable foods at a lower cost.

The catch is that I've been having significant results, its ridiculously convenient, and at this point I'm not even working out (I plan to later on when I reintroduce more carbs). Started this program on 4/14 at 290, and now I'm 267. 23 lbs in one month while maintaining muscle mass isn't historical, but its pretty decent I think.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
3 days working on my pool deck was good for a 4lb loss for the week.
I know most of it was water, but I'm hoping my metabolism gets a boost regardless.
BreNayPop
AG
234 but didnt work out at all last week
The Wonderer
AG
Back to 199. Apparently moving boxes and furniture for two and half days in the Texas heat with out much food sheds (sweats?) the weight away.
maverick2076
Took my APFT this morning. 288 final score. Maxed my push-ups for the first time in my career, and maxed my sit-ups. 15:00 2 mile run. Best score I've ever had. I plan to max it before the end of the year.

I also made my screening weight for the first time in about 12 years and didn't have to be taped!
Cancelled
AG
Finished my 70.3 yesterday. Two damned flats, so I was sitting on the road for 45 mins waiting for help.
Breggy Popup
AG
Finally pushed through the 210 wall I have been stuck around for the last week or so. 209.6 this morning! The difference in my back and joints compared to being 233.8 at the beginning of the year is amazing.

19.6 pounds until...

BreNayPop
AG

Sliding back and not working out... will have to restart for sure!!!
maverick2076
Anyone else planning on doing Murph this Memorial Day weekend? We are doing it at work Thursday. I don't normally do Crossfit crap, but I make an exception for this every year. This may be the first day I actually am in good enough shape to attempt to wear my plate carrier for it.

https://themurphchallenge.com/
dtkprowler
AG
maverick2076 said:

Anyone else planning on doing Murph this Memorial Day weekend? We are doing it at work Thursday. I don't normally do Crossfit crap, but I make an exception for this every year. This may be the first day I actually am in good enough shape to attempt to wear my plate carrier for it.

https://themurphchallenge.com/
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh wait, you were serious?! Nah thanks... I'm out. You get it though man. That workout seems dang impressive!
maverick2076
It is a beast. The first year I did it, I had to do ring rows for the pull-ups, and it took me close to two hours. Last year I did resistance band pull-ups, but I finished in about an hour and 6 minutes. I break it into 20 sets of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 squats. This year I'm either going to do it in 10 sets, wear my plate carrier, or try both.

Its a great way to sweat your ass off and remember those we have lost. I like to start Memorial Day weekend with the Murph. Then we party all weekend with my wife's MC, and on Monday I'll go to the National Cemetery to visit some friends who have gone before me. It helps me keep perspective.
Tursiops93
AG
I have dropped from 334 to 274 since October 2016 (7 months). All I have done is eat low carb at the suggestion of my physician and I have not paid for any programs/supplements/memberships etc... In addition, I had several labs out of range that have all corrected themselves (ALT, AST, LDL, HDL, Blood Glucose).

I do not do super strict low carb, but I have eliminated sugar, flour, rice, pasta, breads, etc.... I still eat beans, corn, carrots and other higher glycemic foods on occasion, but focus mostly on meats, eggs, cheese and green veggies.

I have googled recipes and found a lot of very good ones that are easy to do and taste great. I do not worry about fat or calories, in fact, I have probably increased my calories because I use a lot more butter and eat more cheese than before. But since my body is now burning fat rather than carbs, it is important to eat more fat.

I feel great and as hard as it seems to do, it is actually really easy. Once you get past a couple of days, the lack of carbs makes your cravings and appetite go away. I lived on fast food (burgers, breakfast tacos, etc...) before and thought it would be difficult, but it isn't.
The Wonderer
AG
Back below 200 to 198.
TheVarian
AG
First, congrats on that weight loss, that is wonderful to hear.

Second, could you share some of those recipes?
Talon2DSO
AG
That is great! I'm in the same boat and giving that same diet a shot
Tursiops93
AG
http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

I just finished making these pizza crusts for my wife and I tonight. Really good using cheese, almond flour and egg. Very filling and less than 4 net carbs for the entire crust.
Tursiops93
AG
TheVarian said:

First, congrats on that weight loss, that is wonderful to hear.

Second, could you share some of those recipes?
If you aren't already on it, join pinterest. I use it all the time to find recipes. Search "low carb recipes" and you get a ton! This is where I found the pizza crust recipe, as well as others like spaghetti squash recipes and cauliflower "mashed potatoes" (REALLY Good actually)!

I use the grill 4-5 nights per week and we love it.
JoCoAg09
AG
Went 3 weeks at 197.2, 198.2, 197.0 (doing the same thing I've been doing).

I finally saw my next drop (thankfully...was starting to get slightly discouraged) this week without changing up anything. 194.8 and thus 4.8 away from my initial goal (the mirror shall be the final goal setter however). Weight loss is a funny thing and rarely as linear as I wish it would be.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Finally had my second visit with my nutritionist. Started my diet yesterday but already started No Alcohol For 30 Days. I may very well go beyond that. We'll see. I feel WAY better already. Been needing a break from drinking for years.
maverick2076
Memorial Weekend starts with Murph in 45 minutes! Time to sweat!
AggieChemist
AG
Murph is no joke. Good luck!
aggielostinETX
AG
maverick2076 said:

Memorial Weekend starts with Murph in 45 minutes! Time to sweat!
I have done scaled Murph in about 45minutes. It's no joke for sure.
maverick2076
Murph complete. 49:48...in body armor. 17 minutes faster than I did it last year without the body armor.
AgLA06
AG
Badass!
jonj101
Down to 255 - 40 more pounds to goal. Had a decent loss despite having to take two back-to-back road trips for work.

I'm hoping to hit my goal by September 1. Starting March 1st at 306 and breaking the halfway target feels good. Looking forward to punching through and making this a complete lifestyle change to keep the weight off.

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Switching for 4 weeks to a Fast Metabolism Diet after 1+ year on Low carb.
Breggy Popup
AG
208 this morning. 25.8 down, 18 to go!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.