Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,050 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright, who is entering Mfbarnes right now?
TexasAggie_02
AG
rather be fishing said:

Hardest working man in fitness
ajn142
AG
I'm in, I'll get my info put in shortly. Anyone else using Fitbit or MyFitnessPal apps and wants to connect there and help keep each other accountable, let me know.
Furlock Bones
AG
big goal is to eat 75% of my meals at home or made at home and brought to work. i eat out way, way too much. this change alone should lend itself to a much healthier lifestyle.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Furlock Bones said:

big goal is to eat 75% of my meals at home or made at home and brought to work. i eat out way, way too much. this change alone should lend itself to a much healthier lifestyle.

Eating out while traveling around for work was how I got fat.

Bringing food or eating at home does help a lot, and adds money to the gun fund to boot! It's amazing how much you can spend making yourself fat.
highvelocity
AG
started 2016 at 225 and a weak little beetch
bench max was 230
squat max 275

ended 2016 at 230 with around 15% BF
bench max at 320 and squat at 380.

2017 goals
bench 350+
squat 400+
weigh from 220 - 230 and get my body fat percentage around 8 / 9%

good luck to everyone and their goals. once you get addicted theres no looking back!
highvelocity
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

rather be fishing said:

last time i heard, he had won Mr. Olympia this year

incredible man and huge motivation for me in my fitness goals /mfbarnes
jetch17
AG
1/2/2015: 268 lb
1/2/2016: 216 lb

SW 1/2/2017: 212 lb
GW: a stronger 200 lb

low carb/VERY reduced booze. water & coffee only.

- 50 burpees a day + 3 sets of front/side planks (can be done anywhere & while traveling)
- dumb bell curls & kettlebell swings every other day
rather be fishing
AG
highvelocity said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

rather be fishing said:

last time i heard, he had won Mr. Olympia this year

incredible man and huge motivation for me in my fitness goals /mfbarnes

MfBarnes
dubi
AG
Walk 5 miles everyday and eat a healthy lower carb diet.

i have lost 43 pounds over the last 1.5 years.
TwoMarksHand
AG
Lost 20 pounds throughout last year. See if I can get it again.

Starting weight: 225
Goal weight: 205

FlyFish95
Gotta get from my current 188 back to 170 or so.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Alright, I'll post up this time. Weighed in this morning at 214. Have been between 205 and 215 for about 18 months now, but I can feel it becoming more fat due to inactivity. Last year I spent a lot of time figuring out how to he a parent and keep a job and keep a wife. Not saying I have them figured out, but I hope to be able devote more time to getting in better shape. Still need to cut out some beer drinking, but I am way down from a couple years ago. Would like to he sub 200 for a trip in early April, and I believe it can be done. Good luck to everyone.
Astrobo
AG
Current weight 258 lbs. Was down to 235 last summer then quit dipping after 35 years. Shot back up to 267 within 30 days and still working my way back down. I will be back to working out four days a week now that holidays are over. My daughter is getting married in March so I need to be back down below 240 as to not look like a gorilla in a tuxedo.

Want to be back to 235 by summer.
Sean98
AG
Wait... you gained 32 pounds in 30 days??
Aries
Well had baby #2 in October. Then got to be hospitalized for 3 days 2 weeks later, then baby had to be hospitalized 2 weeks later, so I've just been sitting on my ass at home since then. But now that things seem to be back to normal & the holidays have passed, time to start tracking what I eat.

Start back to work this week so at least I will be getting off the couch. Baby will start daycare next month so I plan on getting a workout schedule figured out.

My goal, to keep it realistic, is to lose 30 lbs.
Hoss
AG
I'll join. I started doing CrossFit back in August and weighed 321 when I started. I've since lost about 25 lbs and have gained a lot of strength and physical endurance I didn't have before. My goal for 2017 is to get down to 250 by August 1st (that will be one year since I started CrossFit and would be about 70 pounds lost in a year). Once I get to 250 I'll decide if I need a new goal or if I want to maintain from there.

My plan is to keep doing what I've been doing...eating 4-6 meals a day closely following the Paleo diet and working out 5-6 times a week.

I haven't weighed yet this year. I'm waiting for Thursday or Friday to do that, but I'll update when I do (should be around 295 or so).
Astrobo
AG
Yes I did. When you go from a can a day snuff addiction to eating anything that won't eat you first to combat the cravings, you can pack some weight on. Lots of sweets and ice cream. Couple that with not feeling like doing any exercising and it was a rough patch for me.
Sean98
AG
Buck Compton
AG
SW: 215
GW: 195
Mid-Year Goal: 200
Goose
AG
Alright I'm in:

CW: 238.4
GW: 205.0
rather be fishing
AG
Start: 207
Goal: 180

Want to get back to my college weight.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
ajn142 said:

I'm in, I'll get my info put in shortly. Anyone else using Fitbit or MyFitnessPal apps and wants to connect there and help keep each other accountable, let me know.
Invite sent for FitBit
The Wonderer
AG
Currently 6' 2" and 211. Really want to get back down to 190 or so, but just can't get motivated to do so.
Dunbar
AG
Down 30 pounds since spring of '15. Goal is to lose another 20 more this year and compete in my first tournament.
Heres a video I made of my fitness journey. I hope it will motivate you or answer some questions you might have.
shiftyandquick
current weight: about 185
Goal weight: 175
TwoMarksHand
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

ajn142 said:

Invite sent for FitBit

What's yalls emails so I can add?
dubi
AG
Fitbit email in profile.
Max06
AG
Goal is to cut about 5% body fat, aiming for <24%. Adios boobies.
GasAg90
CW: 260
GW (Jul 1): 240
GW (EOY): 220

Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Anyone have a link to the 2016 thread? Can't seem to find it via search function on mobile. Thanks.
FirefightAg
AG
PR a 1/2

Current 1:32
The Wonderer
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Anyone have a link to the 2016 thread? Can't seem to find it via search function on mobile. Thanks.
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2709713
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I want to get back down to 230 and run 3 miles without stopping or destroying my shins. I'm currently 6'4" ~260. I think this is doable by summertime.

Also I want to go for a 400# bench my previous max was 365 a long time ago. I haven't lifted in 7-8 years but I went yesterday and was still able to do 335# without injuring myself so I'm pretty happy but sore as hell.
Aries
You can have some of mine. After 2 kids, I have plenty to share.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.