Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

76,664 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was 135 when I graduated highschool, but not much muscle. I biked a ton, but never lifted weights.
165 when I graduated from A&M. But maybe about the same BF% that I am now. Just drank a lot and ate fast food a lot after graduating and ballooned up to 195.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I used the Flu to get past my 255 plateau.
Two days of liquid diet (mostly water) and 101 fever knocked off 2 lbs, and after full Thanksgiving meals got back to 254 this morning.
Now to see my next target of 249 again will be awesome.
maverick2076
So, I've put some weight back on, but my overall fitness has improved. I'm up to about 208 from a low of 200. However, I'm working out at heavier weights than I ever have, had my highest APFT score in my career a couple weeks ago, and ran 12 miles on Wednesday at just over a 9:30/mile pace. That is the longest run I've ever done in my life. I'm 39 years old and in the best shape of my life. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how 2017 has turned out for me fitness-wise.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Staying south of 255 (around 253) and haven't been able to work out due to travel. Hope to remedy that soon.
Hope to see 249 go bye well before Christmas.
My body seems energized to burn with a real balance of macros around 30% each.
Ol Jock 99
AG
One of the annoying "good things"...my Aggie ring is flying off a lot this winter.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

One of the annoying "good things"...my Aggie ring is flying off a lot this winter.
Reminds me, I need to try mine on again.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Want to keep on plugging and reach 249 by first weigh in in 2018.
jetch17
AG
maintained all year ... had a pretty recent backslide of not working out/drinking like a fish/eating ALL the texmex and feeling like ass. Gonna get back on a workout/clean eat for this week knowing that come Christmas thru New Years its going to be a free for all.

Looking forward to maintaining and kicking off 2018 the same as this year with a good clean eating & exercise regimen, while allowing to enjoy myself on occasion
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
TEST----------------2-2016-------2-2017------12-2017
Cholesterol------------248------------225------------205
Triglycerides----------188------------125------------106
HDL------------------------41-------------44--------------45

Lost 13 pounds, found a really good diet that is more of a life change that is not dramatic - mainly logging food to KNOW how much you eat and getting more protein ~30-35%.

Ready to hit 2018
TexasAggie_02
AG
I lost a net 1 lb! woo hoo!

Started at 265, went up to 280, and finished at 264.
BreNayPop
AG
I lost a net 1 lb

But i also set a personal record for bench this year.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I started ~266 and got as low as 238 before Harvey hit, that threw me back up to 258. A nice dose of strep throat plus some dieting dropped me back to 247 to close out the year. I'm hoping to get down to 225 by summer 2018 and set another PR on the bench.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Christmas fudge screwed me (it wasn't my fault!!!!), but still happy with 25 pounds down. I'd like to drop another 10 to 240 and see where that puts me.
BaitShack
AG
Started around 260ish, ended at 235. It was a good year.
aggielostinETX
AG
212 technically... not a great year.
And arthritis in your knee is a *****.

Here's to 2018!!
EFE
AG
Check in post from 2017 was at 197, around 205 right now. Would like to get back down around 195 by April. Should be doable.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Within a pound each way of my year, except I haven't gotten sick so I am still back to LOL fats. Living out of a hotel sucks ass.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Still trying to break the 250 barrier.
CTGilley
AG
AC you going to start a new thread?
cc_ag92
AG
If a new thread starts I would like to join.
AggieChemist
AG
Somebody else can. I signed on to the thread on health and fitness. But I'll play here, too.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm steady around 171. My spring project is to trim to 167 and show some abs.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ok, I just copied 2017 and pasted into a new tab. I zeroed out all the 2017 entries and named the tab 2018. I don't know how to lock the views like we had last year, so if someone wants that they can do it. This helped me, so I wanted to keep it going and hope it helps some other folks too.

If you want in or out, post up. I don't know how to do it, but someone does, or I can learn.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Ok, I just copied 2017 and pasted into a new tab. I zeroed out all the 2017 entries and named the tab 2018. I don't know how to lock the views like we had last year, so if someone wants that they can do it. This helped me, so I wanted to keep it going and hope it helps some other folks too.

If you want in or out, post up. I don't know how to do it, but someone does, or I can learn.
Thank you MBL, good idea.
CTGilley
AG
I did a little work to it and I can do some more later but It is much easier when populated I will let people Update for a few days then fix it up a little more.

Thank you for doing that MBL. I am ok with sheets so I will help I was just being lazy
TexasAggie_02
AG
I got a Garmin Vivoactive HR for Christmas, and have been working to hit goals every day. Been walking on my lunch break, and doing stairs in my office building off and on during the day.

Each bar on the graph is a single day, beginning with Christmas.

TexasAggie_02
AG

did you make an entirely new form? B/c the only tabs on the 2017 sheet are "sheet 6" and "sheet 4" and they are blank.

If you created a whole new document, then we need the link.
CTGilley
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

did you make an entirely new form? B/c the only tabs on the 2017 sheet are "sheet 6" and "sheet 4" and they are blank.

It was there. Something happened
TexasAggie_02
AG
CTGilley said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

It was there. Something happened
you can view the version history. "Anonymous user" removed the tab wednesday night at 10:15.

I don't want to mess with anything and make it worse, but you can click on that version and hit "Restore this Version" to bring it back.

I'll leave that up to those of you that were working on it.
CTGilley
AG
done
AggieChemist
AG
Dumbass.
aggielostinETX
AG
The Flu will knock 4-5 pounds of ya in 72 hours ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.