Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,049 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JoCoAg09
AG
Last 4 weeks: 193.6, 193.4, 193.8, 193.4
This morning: 192.0

I finally got a loss again. I wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen. 2 lbs to go until my initial goal...I'm sure they will be a beast.
The Wonderer
AG
Way to go!
BreNayPop
BreNayPop
AG
Im at 240 still but running every weekday and doing atkins... dropped 4 lbs on atkins
Ol Jock 99
AG
259.2. First time on the south side of 260 in a long time.
jonj101
240 lbs - down 66 since Mar 1. Still shooting for 215 by September 1st.
Talon2DSO
AG
Was 281lbs May 16 or so and weighed myself at 265lbs this morning. Moving in the right direction. I haven't been below 270 since law school
Ol Jock 99
AG
One thing is for sure, if the OB needed to field a football team, the OL would be well handled.

Happily I'm almost at TE range. 257 this morning.
Shelton98
AG
Went low carb w/ moderate exercise on April 1.... I've lost 43 lbs (262 -> 219). I still drink beer a couple of nights/week and gave up low carb the week we went to Disney. Couldn't wait to get back on it.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Cheesecake, even lower carb cheesecake, did not help last night, but I can burn it off in the next day or two.
I cheated, I liked it, but now I have to pay up.
BreNayPop
AG
Didnt weigh this am, but will tomorrow.

Low carb and exercise attempt here too.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Alright, I gave you all a head start on this weight loss thing. I started my first ever diet this morning. Doing the low carb thing. My wife has been on it for a month and is down 12-14 or so, so I figured I would jump on the train too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
A good side benefit to going low-carb is the veggies I've been cooking. Pan fried eggplant and stove-top broccoli are pretty damn amazing once you get the hang of them.
AggieChemist
AG
I've been mired in failure since memorial day. Lots of fishing, beer, holidays, birthdays... etc.

I am thinking of pursuing a macro-based 2100 calorie diet instead of my carb-restricted pseudopaleo approach. I'm just fighting it this year.

Still in the gym, but my weight is up 8 lbs to 241.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Change can be good, go for it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
254.8. 15 down, 10 to my OB goal.
Breggy Popup
AG
I was around 205 this morning. 28 down, 10 to go.
The Wonderer
AG
Back from a week in the Keys. Up 9 pounds.

BreNayPop
AG
I took the week of the 4th off and ended at 240... whixh sucked.

Im 236 this am.

Need to keep on running and eating decent *****
AggieChemist
AG
Lifted heavy this am. Back down to 237.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
One week complete on the keto diet. Absolutely terrible week. Felt like crap all week, was mean and pissed off. But it was all worth it, this mornings weigh in and I had lost exactly zero pounds. If nothing by next weeks weigh in, I am going back to beer.
AggieChemist
AG
You had low carb flu. It's a thing. It passes.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My wife and I just started the Whole30 yesterday since we both kind of hit a plateau.
Went to the grocery store and it took us maybe 2 hours. So many little things have sugar added that you wouldn't realize. I did find some approved bacon and made some bacon/bison burgers last night that were fantastic. Tough to skip out on the bun and fries with it but it was really pretty filling without.
The evening beers were much tougher to give up.
AggieChemist
AG
When I did a whole 30 I didn't have much trouble... I just stuck to the outside of the supermarket and ate meat, veg and fruit. Didn't worry about a little sugar in bacon.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Literally watched it last night. Really interesting.

Pretty sad how all those "Low Fat" items may be worse than the full fat version since they typically add sugar to make it taste better.
Talon2DSO
AG
263 this morning. Been making better food decisions and started jogging/walking.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I had a pretty hectic first half to the year but started eating better and working out about a month ago and am really surprised with the results. I started at 266 and as of this morning I'm down to 248.8

The first week was pretty rough but now I hardly miss the fatty foods I was eating. I've been pretty much living on chicken, eggs, riced cauliflower, and yoghurt.
Guitarsoup
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

One week complete on the keto diet. Absolutely terrible week. Felt like crap all week, was mean and pissed off. But it was all worth it, this mornings weigh in and I had lost exactly zero pounds. If nothing by next weeks weigh in, I am going back to beer.
Usually that first week you are losing a lot of stored water weight. Gotta stay on the diet pretty perfectly and fat will melt off. I generally stay at 20g net carbs or less for the first month and can lose 15-20lbs in a month. Obviously a good bit of that is water weight, but that water leaving your body makes a big visual difference right away.

Just make sure you stay hydrated.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Just got back from 9 days of vacation. I was down to 219 from 238 before I left. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning. Probably gained several pounds. Lots of beer but I still ate fairly clean. Haven't ridden the road bike in 10 days. Back on it today.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Question for those of you who have done the keto thing before: If I take a cheat weekend, say September first, and drink a butt load of beer, how long is that going to mess me up for? Am I going to feel crappy coming off the keto like I did getting on? Am I going to have to go through the whole thing getting back onto the diet?
The Wonderer
AG

Question for those of you who have done the keto thing before: If I take a cheat weekend, say September first, and drink a butt load of beer, how long is that going to mess me up for? Am I going to feel crappy coming off the keto like I did getting on? Am I going to have to go through the whole thing getting back onto the diet?
Probably not so long as you drink Milwaukee's Bestest Light. The best just won't cut this go-'round.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG

My experience...
If you are in keto, you should be fine with a day or two of cheating.
It is typically better if you do it on one night.
You will gain weight, but keto should come back quickly once you get back in gear.

We finally got a Ketonix to do breath testing just to be somewhat sure.
Sean98
AG
Post session, post birthday, post 4th of July, etc. Began regular exercise again last week and was 216.4 on Monday.

212.2 today before a 2.5mile run and some light lifting, then had a stupid 270 calorie salad for lunch.

I hate you all. And I hate myself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.