Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,053 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fatass
Sean98
AG
I know.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Two weeks in and weighed the exact same as when I started. Guess I will go buy the pee strips or something to make sure I am keto. Websites agree that there is only 1 g of carbs in Captain Morgan, but it sure seems that when I save up carbs and have two Captain and diets that I weigh in poorly the next morning. Gonna give it one more week of honest effort.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I am not 100%, but I think I read something we're consuming alcohol makes it more difficult for your body to burn fat. So if you're on keto and imbibe alcohol I think you're being somewhat counterproductive. When I was doing it strictly or more strict than I am now I would have a glass of bourbon on Saturday night and then fast for 24 hours. I felt like I got good results that way.
AggieChemist
AG
alcohol has almost as many calories per gram as fat (7 vs 9) and also suppresses testosterone, thereby inhibiting muscle synthesis and fat loss.

It's not a deal breaker, especially if you stick to whiskey, but it's pretty much universally agreed upon that you should abstain as much as possible if you're trying to lose fat/gain muscle.
aggielostinETX
AG
Alcohol is my bane in weight loss.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Swarely
Had a tonsillectomy, uvula trimmed, and my nose roto rooted on Thursday. Weighed my self this morning. Down 5 lbs because all I can eat are popsicles and applesauce and protein shakes.
Talon2DSO
AG
Swarely said:

Had a tonsillectomy, uvula trimmed, and my nose roto rooted on Thursday. Weighed my self this morning. Down 5 lbs because all I can eat are popsicles and applesauce and protein shakes.

How was the nose thing? I need to open my sinuses too
aggielostinETX
AG
I had that surgery in 2015. I put on 5 pounds in the first week from drinking 32oz milkshakes from Whataburger.

But then I couldn't eat over T-Giving, so I ended up losing 15 back down(so net -10).

But now it's amazing that I can freaking breathe. I had a 60% throat block(uvula/tonsils) and 80% nasal block (turbinates/deviated septum).

AggieKatie2 said:
aggielostinETX
AG
Mine was ****ing horrible.

The nurse said to me at surgery scheduling "You this surgery sucks really bad. Like really bad. You'll be down for 5 days." I was down for 3 days, and still hurting for a few weeks.

My bedside table on day two.

https://www.facebook.com/jondeats/posts/10153894832139059

AggieKatie2 said:
Talon2DSO
AG
***** I'm single now too so that means I have to get my own shakes.
Swarely
I'll let you know in a couple weeks when I'm all fixed up. Cause right now it ****ing sucks and no one should do it.
aggielostinETX
AG
Wait till you start shooting blood clots out of your nose with every sneeze.

Do you still have/did you get the stints in your nose?

AggieKatie2 said:
Swarely
I get them removed August 3rd. Can't. Wait.
aggielostinETX
AG
Actually not bad IF you have been using the nasal spray. Keep it damp in there so that nothing dries together and sticks. If you do, they slide right out.

You will be amazed at their size and wonder if they were sticking into your brain.

AggieKatie2 said:
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

If you are truly trying to lose weight, drink only water and a lot of it, your results will improve much faster.
But fish **** in it
Swarely
I fully intend to video tape their removal. I've heard it is amazing.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Great Archer line. I use a PG version often with my kids.
Sean98
AG
Here's your next OB Fitness Goal

Chive video: Ridiculously athletic little gymnast girl working out

I don't know how to describe it other than that.
Swarely
Weighed myself this morning. Down 13 lbs to 199. Still having trouble eating. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be better.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
On track for one lb x week. Going to have my first cheat day this weekend coming. Going to the lake and a man can't lake without drinking some beer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I've been stuck around 255 for a couple weeks. Need to get exercising back in gear.
BreNayPop
AG
Im up to 245 again... freakin stress eating.
Talon2DSO
AG
Still hovering slightly above 260. Need to be more disciplined with portion control
TexasAggie_02
AG
i fell off the wagon, and am trying to get back on. having a pregnant wife messed up my eating habits.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Whole30 day 22. Going pretty good. Been cheating on the weekends with beer, but not too bad.

Hovering around 172. I'd like to get down to 168 by the end of my Whole30.
The Wonderer
AG
Consistent 204-206. Not drinking coffee and been drinking soft drinks instead. Eating out more because I'm not bringing my lunch. Need to switch from beer to liquors.

If I can make those changes and stop eating out so much, I should hopefully get down to 195 before tailgate season starts.
lawless89
Started the year at 310 (I'm 6'5). Currently down to 255 due to better eating habits(mostly paleo style) and started Crossfit in February.

No exact goal in mind, but I think I'd be happy at 240.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
lawless89 said:

Started the year at 310 (I'm 6'5). Currently down to 255 due to better eating habits(mostly paleo style) and started Crossfit in February.

No exact goal in mind, but I think I'd be happy at 240.
damn! Good work.
jonj101
228 - still need to drop 13 more pounds to hit my 215 goal by September 1st. It'll be close.
JoCoAg09
AG
Hit my goal weight of 190.0 this morning! It happened about a month later than I expected, but hey, I like beer.
Talon2DSO
AG
Im starting to see the weight loss in my face.

Na Zdraví 87
AG
Bought me a smaller size of pants and wore them to work today. Feel better but need 10 more off to make my goal. Stuck at 218-220.
Guitarsoup
AG
Back on track. I've been roller coastering all year. 211 to 198 right now. Goal 175.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.