Outdoors
Sponsored by

2017 OB Fitness Goals Thread

78,088 Views | 835 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggielostinETX
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goal: quit being skinnyfat
texAZtea
AG
Would it be helpful to have a non-weight loss oriented spread sheet for those of us less focused on weight and more focused on a different goal?
drummer0415
AG
Well what exactly is your goal and would a spreadsheet help with tracking it?
Max06
AG
I'm about reducing BF%, but I could easily plug in "starting BF%" and measure progress along the way as percentage points instead of pounds. Similar if you were trying to increase your bench over time. Starting X, Week 1 = X+1, etc.
texAZtea
AG
mile time, lifting max, body fat %, any goal really
Sean98
AG
It could, but I think something like that could be present almost limitless variables.

I think the simple spreadsheet is probably best for the OB, and anything too specific should probably be reserved for the H&F Board. Just my$0.02
AggieChemist
AG
Anyone is free to create a new tab on the spreadsheet for other non weight loss goals. Please just don't molest the weight loss chart that most of us are using.
reddog90
AG
Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I color coded the cells that people should type in to prevent confusion - I saw some people had been hard coding cells that were actually formulas. I also froze above row 6.
aggielostinETX
AG
yall's excel fu is weak... Who TF deleted me?
rather be fishing
AG
Deats said:

The columns are sortable now, it's in alphabetical order.
aggielostinETX
AG
rather be fishing said:

Deats said:

The columns are sortable now, it's in alphabetical order.
I know, i added myself back...
AggieChemist
AG
reddog90 said:

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I color coded the cells that people should type in to prevent confusion - I saw some people had been hard coding cells that were actually formulas. I also froze above row 6.
Some of y'all could F up a wet dream.
htxag09
AG
In, had a great 2016. Went from 228ish down to 179. Would like to be at 170-175, though the weight I'm losing now is coming from my face and making me look frail (per my wife, mom, and MIL).

In reality, my goal is to stay where I am for 2017.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Impressive htx. Care to share your formula for such success?
htxag09
AG
I've been running for about a year now, 4-5 days a week, running the Houston Marathon next Sunday.

Started to see the most drastic change around May, wife and I started the 21 day fix. She did the workout videos, I still stuck with running. If you haven't heard of the 21 day fix, the diet is essentially calorie counting and clean eating, a less strict version of the whole 30. You are given colored Tupperware containers that correspond to food categories (yellow is carbs, red protein, green vegetables, purple fruit, etc.) and based on your weight you can eat x number of each color a day. And everything you eat is fresh, no processed foods and no sugars, brown rice or quinoa instead of rice and mashed potatoes, corn or whole wheat tortillas instead of flour, etc.

It pretty much amounted to a lifestyle change for us. We haven't been on the diet since May, but we've been on basically a maintenance stage.

Hardest part is all the damn dishes you get dirty when you're cooking everything from scratch.....
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Good jobI Clean eating is essential. We no longer open a can unless it's for broths, tomatoes, maybe some beans (rinsed) to be added to something, etc.....

I try to cook from scratch every evening and make enough for dinner the next evening. Much easier now since we are empty nesters.

XpressAg09
AG
I got bored at work and added "%of Goal Lost" and "% of Year Passed" so we know, collectively, how we're doing.

At present:
1.37% of the year has passed and we are 0% towards our goal.

I work in Excel a lot...
rather be fishing
AG
XpressAg09 said:

we are 0% towards our goal.
Keep up the good work everyone.
TexasAggie_02
AG
XpressAg09 said:

I got bored at work and added "%of Goal Lost" and "% of Year Passed" so we know, collectively, how we're doing.

At present:
1.37% of the year has passed and we are 0% towards our goal.

needs a column "% of jeep around africa completed" so we can see if the OB can loose 4,000 lbs before Danny boy makes it around Africa.
AggieChemist
AG
rather be fishing said:

XpressAg09 said:

we are 0% towards our goal.
Keep up the good work everyone.
I love this board.

By the way...

The following posters need to update their goal weights:

I Ramp Ag
Big Puma (fatty)
Hoss
Odin
agbonfire99
GasAg90
ajn142
Bender
Goose
Buck Compton
HumbleAg
shifty

Y'all are artificially inflating the goal number by probably a ton.
AggieChemist
AG
I also added an alternate sheet for non weight loss/gain goals.
burtonsnow
AG
CW: 250
GW: 190

I need to figure out how to properly allot my time between being healthy and going to law school. I've gained 40 pounds since I started.
The Wonderer
AG
burtonsnow said:

I need to figure out how to properly allot my time between being healthy and going to law school. I've gained 40 pounds since I started.
Focus on your sleep. That was my biggest problem.

Oh, and the booze. Way to much booze.
Swarely
htxag09 said:

I've been running for about a year now, 4-5 days a week, running the Houston Marathon next Sunday.

Started to see the most drastic change around May, wife and I started the 21 day fix. She did the workout videos, I still stuck with running. If you haven't heard of the 21 day fix, the diet is essentially calorie counting and clean eating, a less strict version of the whole 30. You are given colored Tupperware containers that correspond to food categories (yellow is carbs, red protein, green vegetables, purple fruit, etc.) and based on your weight you can eat x number of each color a day. And everything you eat is fresh, no processed foods and no sugars, brown rice or quinoa instead of rice and mashed potatoes, corn or whole wheat tortillas instead of flour, etc.

It pretty much amounted to a lifestyle change for us. We haven't been on the diet since May, but we've been on basically a maintenance stage.

Hardest part is all the damn dishes you get dirty when you're cooking everything from scratch.....

I'm lucky that I can eat the same meal over and over again. I do this recipe in my crockpot and it's lunch for the week. http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-3-bean-turkey-chili-3125-pts/ (I know I know beans don't belong in chili).

Then I do a lot of omelettes for supper. Cheap, fast, and easy to clean.
AggieChemist
AG
One of my healthy eating secrets is venison. I grind my venison 100% lean and then eat a crap ton of chili, tacos, etc.

You can make a very nutrient dense essentially carb-free chili. Tacos wrapped in romaine leaves, etc.

Venison is a low carb eater's best friend. Plus the omega3/6 ratios aren't all out of whack.
BenderRodriguez
AG
AggieChemist said:

The following posters need to update their goal weights:

Bender

Y'all are artificially inflating the goal number by probably a ton.

Just updated mine. Didn't really have a set number in mind, but 225 would make me damned happy so I went with that.

Swarely
Also, is it going to screw things up if I only update once a month? I prefer to do it that way so the loss seems bigger.
Sean98
AG
The Wonderer said:

burtonsnow said:

You shut your mouth!
AggieChemist
AG
AP4P2020 said:

Also, is it going to screw things up if I only update once a month? I prefer to do it that way so the loss seems bigger.
Update it whenever you want. The sheet is progged to pull the minimum weight, whether that's this week or in ten weeks. It will autoupdate when there is something to update.
hell, I'm thinking I'll add my half-week weight loss now just so we don't have a goose-egg on the scoreboard.
The Wonderer
AG
Sean98 said:

The Wonderer said:

burtonsnow said:

You shut your mouth!
Tell me I'm wrong
TheVarian
AG
I need to lose some weight and work out before he wedding. I have about 4 months till W-day and would like to lose 15ish pounds.

CW:185
Goal:150ish (I'm short)

Edit: I suck at language
Sean98
AG
TheVarian said:

I need to lose some weight and work out before he wedding. I have about 4 months till W-day and would like to loose 15ish pounds.

CW:185
Goal:150ish (I'm short)
If you do that your tux will be 'loose.'

Ba-dum-tish.

Sean98
AG
I didn't gain weight in law school. I was too poor to afford food and booze, so I just drank.

I spent SCADS of hours in the library on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. I NEVER saw the library or any other place that didn't serve booze with the possible side of loose wimmenz on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
The Wonderer
AG
Pretty much the same. Also made sure to hit every school sponsored event off campus because they paid for our booze. Semi badge of honor in that we were the last class they paid for alcohol for. Apparently we caused too many problems.
reddog90
AG
Thx for the whiny a$$ sheet. Seems legit so far.

AC - how do you already have a weight for next week?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.