Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,855 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been watching a little button buck feed at 60 yards for ten minutes. Hoping he gets some company soon so I don't have to clean in the dark.
Sean98
AG
sjislepilot said:

Brother and I are having competition this weekend. Who can shoot the biggest doe. Anyone wanna join? Loving this weather.
I'm in!
highvelocity
AG
Night vision and thermals are up and running. Here piggy piggy
Chickenhawk
Saw a mom and baby. Nothing else though.
sjislepilot
AG
So I think we are gonna have to weigh in minus guts with hair on pelt. Thinking I'll do on Sunday when I pull from the cooler. Brother button hooked an axis (to be continued). Me. Well I got a clean shot and kill on this beauty #spiritofthewild

[URL=.html][/URL]
Ag210
AG
Back in the tree in Brazos County looking for a doe, 43 degrees and chilly. Saw a buck cruising down the road on the way in. Should be a good morning.
Sean98
AG
WTF? It's coldet in Brazos County than it is in Kansas?

Saw 2 bucks on the drive in this morning, 1 a stud. Day is just breaking here. So far only GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!
14TheRoad
AG
Somerville county 47 deg F. One young 6 point that didn't meant antler restrictions. Need his big brother or sister to come on by
Lungblood
Shot felt good, sounded good... Saw some tail twitching as she departed. Waiting on another.
LRHF
AG
47 in Victoria, waiting on a few specific deer to swing by. Nice 9 pt before sunrise
Lungblood
Her companion just came back out to stuff her belly a little more. Cows blew my 2 fer opportunity.

Sun finally just cleared the "mountain" at 7.50. 43 degrees... 97% humidity. San Saba Co
Lungblood

Furlock Bones
AG
Swhacked another one.

Had a very nice 4 year old 8 point in all morning. Really hoping everyone else lets him walk this year. He will be much better next year.

14TheRoad
AG
Only a lone yearling and this small 8 that's shown up 3 times today.

BTHOBAMA
Sean98
AG
Had a little basket 8 under me for a long time this morning. Within 12 yards most of the time. But the ladies wanted nothing to do with him so they swung wide.
LRHF
AG
All hell breaking loose here, bucks chasing does, does running around, deer destroying trees! Just need one of 2 deer to come running by!
Lungblood

Shot her from my favorite brush blind at 30. This is the typical old wonky eared, busy body, beetch doe I always wanna take out at the beginning of the season. I knew she would duck so I held low... Really low... Like bottom of the heart low and Still hit her this high... double lunged the tops.

Chickenhawk
I knew, just knew, I should have gone this morning. After lunch, went to check camera, and there is a beautiful new doe in the area...maybe she will help bring the big boys in...
14TheRoad
AG
Congrats to all the deer shooters this saturday
Sean98
AG
Was she alert and snorting at you when you shot?
Lungblood
Nope... Just your typical mature Texas Hill Country doe.
Sean98
AG
Quiet on the deer front so far, but loud in the woods. Lots of falling leaves and buzzing mosquitos and I'm fighting a helluva headache. Hopefully we'll have a few deer slip in to take advantage of the standing corn field tonight. Some BIG, DEEP tracks asking the field edge on my way in.
Lungblood
Young bucks are sparring. Lots of deer moving. A lone hog squeals in the distance.
Sean98
AG
I saw exactly 1 blue jay on the night. Quite the bust but at least I didn't have to watch the football game.
Lungblood
100# boar spooked all my deer off right after sunset. I'm gonna try to kill him in the AM with the same arrow I shot my doe with this morning.

I was running a little late this afternoon And never actually made it into my brush blind... Too many deer feeding and moving way too close to slip in. I just plopped down behind a cedar bush 40 yards from my chair and took in the show. One of the young bucks walked past me at 15 yards when the hog pushed him away. He knew I was there but he wuz confoosed.
Lungblood
Settled back in
AggieArcher17
AG
On stand for a 200+ lb boar thats been coming in to my buddys place outside of College Station. Lets get it! Looking to test my muzzy Trocars on a big boy
Watchful Ag
AG
58 and still in Beasley. Beautiful morning. Sitting on the edge of a plowed field trying to shoot some dove.

It's a good day to hunt!
Watchful Ag
AG
Nothing ...
Furlock Bones
AG
glad i took that doe when i did. this was a tough weekend. so much food available to the deer right now.
Furlock Bones
AG
i did watch this 9 point for almost an hour. this is the kind of deer that i wish the rest of our members would pass on. he's 4 years old. i'd like to see these deer get to 6 years old. but, we have a lot of hunters that have been hunting all of their lives and by god that's a mature deer. they don't seem to understand that deer antlers reach their peak after the body stops growing.

TxA&Mhunter
AG
The rut is soon going to be on you in the Victoria area... Game cams had a ton of activity sat Sunday. But the does werent standing yet! But it's close
sjislepilot
AG
Lol my doe field dressed in at 53 lbs... My brother failed to take a doe and did more nature watching. Anyone else get a weight?
Sean98
AG
sjislepilot said:

Lol my doe field dressed in at 53 lbs... My brother failed to take a doe and did more nature watching. Anyone else get a weight?
No deer, no weight.

But if I kill one this weekend you'll have to kill 1-2 more to catch up in the pounds department.
Watchful Ag
AG
sjislepilot said:

Came in at 210lbs. this morning. Drank some coffee, took care of business, and lost about 2lbs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.