Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,905 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I gave up, the wife kept calling needing me home. I wish it was for a fun game, but no, it is for the list she needs me to do. Taking the boys back this afternoon to try and shoot that 8.
AgBass01
AG
Where abouts in DeWitt County you at?
AgBass01
AG
Back at it. Wind picked up a little and it's 57 now.
phdag
Cows might ruin my afternoon. Hope not
AgLA06
AG
AgsMnn said:

I gave up, the wife kept calling needing me home. I wish it was for a fun game, but no, it is for the list she needs me to do. Taking the boys back this afternoon to try and shoot that 8.

F that noise. She better get the same treatment the next time she goes shopping.
Law361
AG
Just shot a spike. I was going for a right behind the shoulder shot. He hit the ground immediately and is now just looking around and trying to get up but can't. He has blood coming out of his mouth. Should I wait for him to die? Any help is appreciated.
phdag
I am about to cry. 4 deer under the feeder. Two small spikes and two doe. Best all season.
AgLA06
AG
Put a bullet in his neck if he picks up his head.
SteveBott
AG
Law have a handgun with you? Walk up and pop him in the nexk
DimeBox17
AG
In the same stand I was yesterday. 3 doe and 3 bucks yesterday. So far nothing today
AgBass01
AG
Things got crazy here, I have 11 deer inside of 20 yards and I can't move because there are eyes everywhere.
Law361
AG
My handgun is at the ranch house. I have my knife and the 30-30
Law361
AG
Shot him in the neck. I'll report back with where my initial shot was. Need to replace this crappy Tasco scope with something worth a damn
Chickenhawk
This is an archery thread!!!
Chazz03
sjislepilot
AG
RULES

YUPPPP!

Lungblood
Nice
AgBass01
AG
That's a crazy mask you have on.
AV8ORAG84
AG
Never hesitate to shoot a deer again, seen more than one get up and walk away to never be found... You are not going to make it worse, you already shot the darn thing, if it has his / her head up, finish them!
Every day is a Holiday, Every Meal is a Banquet, My upperclassmen treat me like a brother, God I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
highvelocity
AG
Waiting on piggies to show up. Seen 6 doe so far tonight
ttha_aggie_09
AG
This cannot be said enough.

If there is any doubt whatsoever that the animal is not fatally wounded and you have another shot, take it. I could go on with stories of people shooting racks off and knocking deer out, to other similar stories where they lay motionless for 5 minutes and then run off.

Never let your guard down. Immediately after the shot, reload and evaluate the animal to determine if another shot is needed. The only thing I hate worse than losing an animal, is unintentionally making it suffer a painful death.
sjislepilot
AG
The deer are really confused out here when they see me.

On a separate note I've really been wanting to nail a big hill country WT this year and all I've seen is a ton of axis (not complaining). Last hunt is tomorrow morning. We will see.
sjislepilot
AG
Damp and chilly. Everyone else sleep in ?
MPD280
47, little windy in Marion County.
Watchful Ag
AG
No. My hunting partner got too drunk last night and slept through all the alarms and phone calls.

We were supposed to be heading to his uncle's place in Eagle Lake, but I'm still at my house fully dressed for some stupid reason.
AgsMnn
AG
Went back with the boy and was able to get a crack at this guy. Boy was he excited. Doing a skull mount now to put in his room.

Ag210
AG
Awesome Buck
Chickenhawk
Congrats!
Chickenhawk
All settled in!

51* and cloudy.
sjislepilot
AG
so I had 4 shafts today in my quiver. First shot waxed this axis, 2nd shot my armrest got in my way and string bounced off it and shaft ended up in the ground (pigs didn't budge). So I locked in my 3rd shaft and lined up 2 piglets. One recovered, other made a run into deep cover. At that point in time they scattered and I got a glimpse at the momma so "released" (as my dad says) another one at 40 yards (with a solid hit).

Blood everywhere. They were crissing and crossing.

I felt like legalus off of lord of the rings. You know that little elf that shoots the bow and bounds around all nimbly bimbly like?

Anyway. Good morning in my outdoor church sanctuary.

All shafts gone in less than a minute.

gigemJTH12
AG
AgsMnn said:

Went back with the boy and was able to get a crack at this guy. Boy was he excited. Doing a skull mount now to put in his room.

this deer is being skull mounted?

man..

I hope I get to a point in my life where thats just a skull mount!
AgsMnn
AG
He scored 127.5". He is the biggest buck I have ever shot.
I have yet to have a buck mounted, if he would have scored 130+ I probably would have. He only had a 14.5" inside spread.
gigemJTH12
AG
really great looking deer. I would have guessed he got in the 130's.
OnlyForNow
AG
Legolas doesn't use an armrest bro.
sjislepilot
AG
#goals

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.