Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,894 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
Chickenhawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's see if I can get one before I have to hit the road!!!
Chickenhawk
Stupid deer! Don't they know they are supposed to come to me when I'm in the stand!
Lungblood
Just crawled up in a tripod with the gun I killed my first deer with when I was 9... Remington Model Seven in 243 win.

Happy Thanksgiving indeed.
shaynew1
AG
Good luck men. There's a spike around w his name on an arrow but I have too many fresh cattle to get through to ever get out most mornings.

And I will be crushing many plates this afternoon. So maybe tmw.
Lungblood
You know those cattle will just eat sheet they find on the ground, right?
shaynew1
AG
Still a few weeks from being able to turn out on oats. For now they are stacked up on dirt and 200 have 7 days on them so I'm just trying to keep those mofos going forward and not dead
Lungblood
Fresh Stockers?
shaynew1
AG
Yeah buddy. The rest we have here have 40+ days but still got to keep an eye on them and some groceries out
Lungblood
You sir, are a glutton for punishment. Here's to healthy calves and fat bellies.
shaynew1
AG
It could be worse. We had 1300 on an auction the first of November. Thankfully it rained a couple days before the sale and we didn't have to sell and replace them. Otherwise I'd have 1000 fresh 5 weights and see you never.
Lungblood
That would've been worse.
shaynew1
AG
It's a lot of work to keep from having to get a real job
Watchful Ag
AG
shaynew1 said:

It could be worse. We had 1300 on an auction the first of November. Thankfully it rained a couple days before the sale and we didn't have to sell and replace them. Otherwise I'd have 1000 fresh 5 weights and see you never.
don't know what any of this means, but Happy Thanksgiving!
shaynew1
AG
Thanks man. Works knocked out and almost time to dominate these lunches.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Btho lsu and enjoy some time w yo families.
phdag
Going out Saturday. Using estrus and apple crush. Pulling out all the stops.

Any other recommendations? I am willing to try anything.

I have rattled, grunt called..
Lungblood
Get a pack of backwoods cigars and chew the absolute sheet outta them. Pop a top, Piss on your ankles, and kill the first motha trucka that invades your territory.
AgEng06
AG
Madison County checking in. It's hard to hear anything over all the falling acorns over here.
Lungblood

My brother just whacked this gnarly little bastage.
shaynew1
AG
I shouldn't have used a rifle. It's all my fault
SanAntoneAg
AG
Lungblood said:

Just crawled up in a tripod with the gun I killed my first deer with when I was 9... Remington Model Seven in 243 win.

Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

Silly LB, everyone on the OB knows that a .243 is way undergunned for Texas game. You need a .338 Lapua like Keith Warren or go home!
Lungblood
I've decided I'm taking it to the panhandle next weekend. Is it uncouth to hunt mule deer with a 243? I hope so. Back in the blind to kill a pig. I haven't shot this rifle in years.
Ark03
AG
It's a balmy 52 in NE TX. Noisy squirrels this morning - should have brought my son's bb gun.
Lungblood
Light rain and 57 in San Saba county.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
FAYETTE county
60*
Partly cloudy
Light fog

One of my feeders went off and I just had a doe show up
rather be fishing
AG
Getting rained out. Had to close all the windows. Wish this had happened to the football game last night instead of my hunting this morning.
AggieAces06
AG
Finally get to participate in this thread.

Morning started as a balmy 60* now the temp is dropping with some misty rain and wind moving in.

Had a spike walk through earlier, but wasn't interested in the corn. Other than that it's been a slow morning. Hopefully things are more active tonight and the next couple of days.
Lungblood
AggieAces06 said:

Morning started as a balmy 60* now the temp is dropping with some misty rain and wind moving in.

Had a spike walk through earlier, but wasn't interested in the corn. Other than that it's been a slow morning. Hopefully things are more active tonight and the next couple of days.

Are you like invisible and sitting right beside me in my blind? If so, sorry bout the gas.
Knucklesammich
Loading up for a 3 day weekend in Coleman County
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Saw 7 does and 2 bucks this morning. One was a trash deer that I wish would have a heart attack and die and the other was maybe 13inches

Fixing to call it and go fix me feeder
gigemJTH12
AG
Headed to the lease now. This moon and overcast skies should make for some pitch black nights. Expecting some good morning hunts this weekend.
OnlyForNow
AG
Woken up at 6:24, in the stand at 6:40, doe on the ground at 6:45. Now on ice and I'm enjoying a coffee and watching my 2 YO boy run around with nana.

(Montgomery County)
AggieAces06
AG
Lungblood said:

AggieAces06 said:

Are you like invisible and sitting right beside me in my blind? If so, sorry bout the gas.

Thought I smelled something funny this morning.
87IE
AG
Brown County. 59 and balmy with an occasional wind. Sitting in the blind reliving all the hunts with my dad. This is the second season since we lost him but I'm using the .270 he gave me again this year.
Mathguy64
AG
Hot humid and dead calm in Montgomery Co. Probably a waste this afternoon but you can't shoot if you don't hunt.
AgEng06
AG
Had to break out the rifle this evening. I only have 2 hunts left and need another deer. My bow stands aren't producing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.