Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,961 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
GatorAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea, our duck opener is next weekend. Definitely not looking good with this warm weather. Second year in a row with a really warm early season.

I passed on the deer stand this morning with the wind and temperature. Mosquitos have been terrible. Tomorrow is looking a bit better.
Chickenhawk
I'll break for lunch at noon, but then I'll be right back out here.
cplatt

meanwhile in Kansas

Chickenhawk
I'm back in the blind. Might take a nap tho.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Moved my climber to other side of a creek. GONNA take a nap in the cabin and head out at 4
DimeBox17
AG
It has been SLOW in Lee and Burleson county.
Chickenhawk
OutdoorsAg_10 said:

It has been SLOW in Lee and Burleson county.

I'd take slow over what I got today: nothing. I'm still hanging in there, though. I'll probably hang around til right before sundown so I can get back to the house in time to fire up the grill for the game.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Change the view tonight. There is a 15ft drop to a creek past the big pine. Furthest shot is 47yds.

Sean98
AG
Little dude just chillin'.

Kicked a yearling buck and 5 wood ducks out of the creek on the way in. Also my ass crack got soups sweaty. I stink.
Hoyt Ag
AG
A dumbass 6pt and doe just ran 70mph past me on other side of creek. The rut needs to wait till cooler weather.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Lungblood
Pinche Slob hunters doin work.

No dog, 2 guns, 2 limits.

2.5 hours.

Church.

Sean98
AG
I have 2 young bucks chasing the s**t out of a doe up the creek from me. But she's given them the slip and they're very confused.
Chickenhawk
Nothing. All day.

Will try again at dawn.
Rhwill1973
Took my son hunting this morning....youth season opened. Feeder did not go off. He got bit on the hand by a wasp. Did our best to hang in there. I'm ready for this weather to cool down. Ridiculous hot.
OverSeas AG
AG
Hoyt Ag
AG
Slept in today. So foggy I cannot even see ten feet in front of my cabin. I plan on going for a walk later with the dog to checkout a few new spots.
Sean98
AG
Temp has dropped 15* and a sharp N wind pounding me in the face this morning.
sjislepilot
AG
I wanted to sleep in this morning so bad. Got up anyway. Nothing much to see from the tree this morning. Probably not worth it
Chickenhawk
I did sleep in and didn't mean to.
Sean98
AG
My wind is way harder than it was forecast. Hard enough I'm betting the deer are in the bottoms. But I'm on top.
GatorAg03
AG
Set up on my river bottom. Thus far nothing but wood ducks, geese, squirrels and a ton of carp jumping.
aggieroy86
AG
Heavy fog in deep East Texas, long drive in to lease this morning, couldn't see a dang thing.
Clear at blind until about 5 minutes ago, now can barely see the feeder at 75 yards and nothing past it
OverSeas AG
AG
DimeBox17
AG
Foggy morning in Burleson county. Heard hogs early but nothing to see yet.
OverSeas AG
AG
Sean98
AG
It's November 3, it's 20 degrees cooler than it has been, I have a North wind in my face, LET'S KILL SOME SHIZZ!

(I mean, yeah, it's still 65*, but better than 85, right ?)
Sean98
AG
Spike cruising like a boss! Thought he was a doe and he almost got shot!
HumbleAg04
unearth222
AG
Time to put Deuce on the ground Sean. We have been patient enough with you over the last year....its time to start producing.
Sean98
AG
Unbeknownst to me I had a doe and 2 fawns coming from my W but in the 8 foot tall CRP. I started a rattling sequence and they bugged the F out at a rapid pace.

...i haven't been able to hunt Deuce yet because I need some semblance of a west wind to do so. Normally not a problem this time of year. But in this modern Al Gore bulls**t global warming world all I've had are east, east, east.
highvelocity
AG
Sean98 said:

Unbeknownst to me I had a doe and 2 fawns coming from my W but in the 8 foot tall CRP. I started a rattling sequence and they bugged the F out at a rapid pace.

...i haven't been able to hunt Deuce yet Nevada I need some semblance of a west wind to do so. Normally not a problem this time of year. But in this modern Al Gore bulls**t global warming world all I've had are east, east, east.
serious question, where / what can i read about deer behavior based on weather patterns
Sean98
AG
I think Google is going to be your best friend there. The Deer and Deer Hunting magazine focusing on a lot more of those types of issues (more so than a normal hunting magazine). Look for articles by Charles Alsheimer. He does a lot of behavioral type studies.
Sean98
AG
A few wood ducks on the creek and that'll do it for the morning.
sjislepilot
AG
THWACK! From this morning!

[URL=.html][/URL]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.