Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,902 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Face of Turkey.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
With the wind chill we have a 56* swing in temps. It's also pretty windy here in fayette county. Right now the gauge reads 34* and the windchill is 22*
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Temp says 27 and feels like 16. Still pretty damn windy in Uvalde.

Chickenhawk
Overcast and breezy. 68* and dropping to upper 40's in about 2 hours.
AgNColorado
Near Hext, Tx it's currently 18 and feels like 3!
rich1
AG
23 and windy - east of lake limestone. Looking for a mature 4 point that has been showing up on camera
txaggie02
AG
In the stand in Webb Co. Surprisingly, there are a lot of deer moving in this wind. Got 10-11 deer and 2 pigs out. Mr Buddy heater is doing work! Going to stay until Wednesday. Should be a great next several days!
ghollow
AG
It is 10 degrees in Callahan with a north wind. Only one doe so far.
That could be a picture of me right now Gibblets
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Buck is down!

GinMan
AG

Mr. McGibblets said:

2 hogs and a gobbler this morning. Back at it!!

La Fours
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Saw 1 4pt and called it quits. Spooked 5 does on the way out.

Now to go home and make limoncello
Courtesy Flush
AG
Let me just go ahead and say that all yall that are sitting in deer stands in 20 something degree weather (without a heater) waiting for a deer to walk about are freaking nuts!!!

I hunt and I fish and have wade fished with temps in the 40's trying to catch a sow trout, but sitting there in a stand with it really cold is just something that I'm not cut out to do!!
Chickenhawk
Nothing this morning before this front rolled in. I'll hunt the backside of it this afternoon. Last couple weeks has a doe group in the area from 3:30 til sundown.
AgsMnn
AG
It's not so bad sitting and waiting for the deer, it is when you have to clean them in this weather.
ursusguy
AG
I don't usually wear gloves, so it's a pain in the rear to turn pages in my book when it gets down like this.
Chazz03
AG
It was 12 degrees in the stand this morning and no heater. The deer were smarter than me, saw nothing
plowboy1065
S

He has only been seen once and it was during out heli survey before season. Showed up this morning sniffing around at doe and was on the cull list
jobu93
AG
Figured I'd see some dead animals after the front blew in last night.

I can get in the stand when it is outright frigid but I can't stand to goose hunt in the cold and wet.

Good job, y'all!
Chickenhawk
Settled back in after the front came through. The woods sound more active already.
Colt98
AG
Just got into stand. Jumped a small 8 walking in. Also had 6 doe in front of the house waiting to be fed. My son is in the bow stand . I'm observing from the gun stand with a heater. That kid is going to freeze his butt off but he wants to take a doe with his bow. Ofcourse our 6 per doe at the house were at 5 yards from me, but we can't shot those.
Chickenhawk
THWACK!
Rachel 98
AG
I shot my first deer this season and just discovered this thread! I think I may have found a new addiction.....

Colt98
AG
Not looking good for us today. The camp next door to my place has a huge Christmas light show every year and they have already started blairing their music tonight. It's about 1000yards away, but with the north wind it is very loud. Had 4 doe come out and make it halfway across field before they looked up towards the music, turned around and ran back into woods. We will give it another 45 min or so then head back. In sure my little bow hunter is freezing his buns off. He told me to quit texting him bc he was having to take his hands out of his gloves to text me back.
highvelocity
AG
RM98 said:

I shot my first deer this season and just discovered this thread! I think I may have found a new addiction.....

Mr. McGibblets
AG
It's a tarp!
AgEng06
Rachel 98
AG
Aww really? The picture doesn't show up?
rather be fishing
AG
The derailment of this thread is eminent.
plowboy1065
S
RM98 said:

Please continue to post more....pics
TX_COWDOC
AG
RM98 said:

Members of the OB would like to know who took the picture? Nice deer by the way!
Chickenhawk
TX_COWDOC said:

Members of the OB would like to know who took the picture? Nice deer by the way!

This.
Chickenhawk
Grim reaper pro did it's job...unfortunately I didnt.

Pass through gut shot. Little blood at the scene, so I followed what I could. Rain started pouring shortly after.

I knew I was in trouble when I didn't hear her pile up...she just kept snorting into the distance.
Chickenhawk
This is an archery thread!!! But we'll let you slide, this time...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.