Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,885 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just when things were starting to look good here come the cows in a area they are hardly ever in. Oh well, guess I can read Texags a few minutes while they pass through.
Blue Heeler Ag
AG
Been meaning to add to this thread. Taken last Sunday in Archer County.

Furlock Bones
AG
nice deer.
AgsMnn
AG
This weather sucks right now. My gosh, 74 and 94% humidity.
Chazz03
AG
51 and foggy as hell
Chickenhawk
50 and overcast.
cmag
70. Haven't seen anything in legal light in the two days I've been out here.
Chazz03
AG
Saw plenty but fog was too thick to shoot
Rachel 98
AG
I saw a big, gorgeous 10 point today with a ~10" drop tine....nice clear shot, he was standing still and broadside about 70 yards away....on my neighbor's land.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ouch...could you rattle him in?
Rachel 98
AG
I haven't ever tried that, I guess I need to try that!
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
At mom and dads in fayette county. I'm hunting behind the house with 2 doe tags left to fill. I spread some corn in a field full of deer and I'm anticipating a 35-75 yard shot. I'm set up in the stand so now I'm just waiting to make sure those girls have a slick head

Merry Christmas yall
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Better than not hunting I guess

All my does that I had stacked up spooked right at shooting light. I was hoping to have a deer in the cooler by now because I have a Christmas lunch to go to
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
My gosh

Anybody got an idea on the Ft lbs of energy of a 140 gr Barnes ttsx at 25 yards?
cledus6150
AG
It's a lot, we load the 140 tsx's in our 7mm ad they leave the barrel at 3050. So the pounds of impact at 25 yards if it hits something hard to expan all its energy on. Well it should look like Swiss cheese inside with nothing useable in that area.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
cledus6150 said:

It's a lot, we load the 140 tsx's in our 7mm ad they leave the barrel at 3050. So the pounds of impact at 25 yards if it hits something hard to expan all its energy on. Well it should look like Swiss cheese inside with nothing useable in that area.

I concur
SabineAg
AG
Just arrived in Del Rio, going after a buck that has been eluding me all season. I'm planning to sit for as long as it takes (hopefully no longer than 5 days cause I've got to go home) to take this one
Furlock Bones
AG
Got the real boom stick out.

Sean98
AG
You guys are going to give Georgia a stroke with all these rifles.
highvelocity
AG
Couple of foxes showed up from a distance to check out the fox pro. Didn't come close enough for a shot. Dense cover where they were
AgLA06
AG
F'em if they can't take a joke.
Chickenhawk
AgLA06 said:

F'em if they can't take a joke.

Hey! Whatchoo mean? I take a joke as well as your ole lady takes a .....nevermind. that joke was going out of bounds.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I sat in the stand this afternoon... the day after Christmas and it felt like a sauna in my blind. I felt like Ace Ventura when he was in the rhino and the fan broke.
DimeBox17
AG
In the stand with my Dad in Mills county
MAROON
AG
In the stand in Starr County. Shirt sleeves, humid and a east wind. Got in about 30 minutes late (par for the course).
ttha_aggie_09
AG
In the stand this morning, foggy, humid, and the deer aren't moving. Had a pig snort at about 6:45am within 100yds and that's it. Still waiting...
MAROON
AG
Deer moving here. Just came in for breakfast then headed back out for a few hours - rut in swing here
BlockerBLDG
AG
In stand in Comanche county Got 7 doe at 340 yards. 9 year old really wants me to take shot. I'm not that good.

Hour till sunset. Hopefully something comes closer
SabineAg
AG
In the same stand I've been at the past couple days, got two 3 1/2 yr 7s under the feeder haven't seen the one I'm after yet but I can see a big bodied deer at my neighbor'a feeder across the fence about 1000 yards away. Luckily nobody is hunting their stand right now and hopefully he will make his way over here later this evening

Also my cousin shot my "reserve" buck that I would take if the one I'm after never shows so that's that
Brush Country
December deer hunting, South Texas style.

plowboy1065
S
Been hunting in STX since 2009 and the vast majority of my hunts have been just like that
Furlock Bones
AG
This gun has cursed me since I was 11. Had not shot it since I was in junior high. Finally got it done.

Log
AG
FAKE NEWS.

No ramrod.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ram rod is long gone. A wooden dowel gets the job done these days.
Furlock Bones
AG
New 6.5 Grendel doing work. Got me some rattlin' horns for next season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.