***** The Division - Xbox one *****

127,589 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wee_ag
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game down for anyone else?
jeffk
AG
I guess I'm going to have to farm the incursion to get a freakin' holster.
jeffk
AG
And what is the gear score limit going to be for the next incursion? I think it says 240 on the map marker, but that can't be right...

... says the guy who can't seem to get higher than 200.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
And what is the gear score limit going to be for the next incursion? I think it says 240 on the map marker, but that can't be right...

... says the guy who can't seem to get higher than 200.
It will be similar to the gear scores for Falcon Lost. The info on the map for the next incursion is just a place holder and means nothing.
jeffk
AG
Was this in one of the update releases? Admittedly, I skim through those pretty quickly.
TexasAggie_02
AG
they said it in their weekly Twitch stream. The GS brackets for the new incursion will be the same.

My guess is that they assumed ppl would be better geared than they are, but Falcon lost is too unforgiving, and unless you cheesed Challenge mode before they fixed it, you won't have a whole lot of 240 gear.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I've only been able to beat it once on challenging after about 15 attempts and twice on hard after about 20 attempts.

(That's mostly with randoms though - I can't seem to get a good Aggie contingent together nights when I really get motivated to beat it.)
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Is there a craftable one?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Is there a craftable one?
i think you can only buy kneepads and mask blueprints for Gear Set items
jeffk
AG
Yeah, no craftable/buyable gear set holsters available.

Only in the incursion from what I've seen listed online.
TexasAggie_02
AG
ugh, in the 1.2 update, you will actually have to defend your extraction. other players can cut the rope and all the loot will drop on the ground. cutting the rope will make you go rogue.

https://blog.ubi.com/42953/

could be a good way to bait ppl to go rogue. extract 1 green item in bryant park, run into the 2 story building, wait for someone to cut rope, hit them with explosive rounds.

Also, there are new gear sets. Gear Score does not increase in this update though.

EDIT: they are also adding more content to the larger PvE area. you'll have to collect intel to learn the location of new bosses.
jeffk
AG
Interesting.

I'm in favor of anything that keeps the game fresh. Glad they're adding some stuff to the big map too. Really not much going on there lately.
thaed137
AG
Yes, apparently there will be high valued targets to hunt down. You have to do what are I would assume are side missions to collect intel and with enough intel his location will be revealed. You have to have cleared out the areas of all side mission/encounters for it to appear.

DZ Named boss will now have chance to drop was amounts to a chest that can contain money and gear.
dcaggie04
AG
From a Q&A with developers:

Increased amount of high-end loot drops

Dark Zone

• New high-level DZ bracket (assumption is 200+ gear score)
  • Extractions can be hijacked by cutting extraction rope
  • Cutting rope will make you go rogue
  • Named enemies will have chance to drop sealed cache (contains items which include gear, div tech and DZ funds)
  • Sealed caches still have to be extracted just like any other drop from DZ enemies

New Open World Activities

• Search and Destroy missions
  • Get these in the safehouses in each named area of the map
  • Completing S&D missions will give intelligence to find a High Value Target
  • Both daily and weekly HVTs, some will require a group effort to complete
4 new gear sets

• Final Measure - defensive set
  • Hunter's Faith - long range set
  • Predator's Mark - support set
  • Lone Star - DPS set

New Incursion - Clear Sky

• Hard mode - 204 HE drops, 214 GS drops for every completion, double rewards on first completion of week
  • Challenge mode - 204 HE drops, 240 GS drops for every completion, double rewards for first completion of week
  • There is a checkpoint after the first encounter

Going to show gameplay on Division twitch channel on May 19th at 12pm CST
shertown04
AG
Extracting is going to become a ****show. Sticky the extraction spot, pop a super, cut the rope, wipe them out. May have to use supers to defend yourself during extractions in a busy server now. Solo players are going to be griefed to no end even worse than before. No more sharing extractions with other people that's for sure. Anyone that approaches my extractions will be shot, no questions asked. Definitely raises the anxiety level for them if you have something valuable (which I'm hoping there will be more of).

Can you imagine how many people are going to play the baiting game? Just run out and stand next to the rope and you have a rogue to kill and boost your XP.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Can you imagine how many people are going to play the baiting game? Just run out and stand next to the rope and you have a rogue to kill and boost your XP.
That was my first thought... how will we know if somebody is trying to cut the rope or if they are simply checking to see if a there is still an open extraction spot. Hopefully enough people gripe about this now and they decide against this really bad idea! Like, really really bad idea!
jeffk
AG
It won't be that bad as long as cutting the rope takes more than just a second or two. If they activate the cutting procedure, it should take 15 seconds or so to complete and immediately mark them as rogue. Gives you a chance to prevent it and no negative consequence for blasting them if they try something.
dcaggie04
AG
All this changes is really when you put it on the rope. Start putting your stuff on with about 4 or so seconds left before it leaves and people wont have a chance to cut the rope.

thaed137
AG
Reddit is already talking about just farming a few low level items and set a trap for the extraction point to catch people doing this.

I think extraction points will now have like 5 turrets and 3 sticky bombs ready to go if someone decides to mess with it. I'm not a total fan as the person could just kill the people loading the loot up. Really just makes it harder for solo players to get their stuff out, and yah waiting until 4 seconds left could work, until a bunch of other people come and take your slots and you have to wait for another chopper.
TexasAggie_02
AG

• start an extraction at bryant park
  • run to DZ 4 extraction
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
That was my first thought... how will we know if somebody is trying to cut the rope or if they are simply checking to see if a there is still an open extraction spot. Hopefully enough people gripe about this now and they decide against this really bad idea! Like, really really bad idea!
Absolutely ruins playing solo in the DZ. I'm really trying to like this game, but I'm getting more and more disappointed with each update. Unless the Incursion is actually fun (a la Destiny) or these new High Value Targets have lasting appeal I'm seriously curtailing my time with this game.
thaed137
AG
I wish they would put in more unique traits that you could be more creative with stacking, instead of this generic part of overall effects. Something like (I'm making up names cause i'm bored):

Evil Twin: When Rogue the timer goes twice as fast.

Survivor: Every bullet gives 1% of health to damage dealt.

Hardened: Take only 10% of explosive damage

Firefighter: Immune to fire

Birthday Surprise: Killing an enemy gives a 25% chance they drop a grenade when they die

Doctor Death: Shooting an enemy prevents them from healing until 3s after the last shot to hit them.

Oppression: Suppressive fire will apply the same effect as tear gas.

Rage: When less than 1000 health, become immune and do 20% more damage for 8 seconds.

End of the day I wish they had much more significant skills associated with armor and even some that could stack in cool ways, like 1) get 1% of damage dealt to health with 2) your team members gain all your heal effects, could be a great way to stack skills and keep an entire team healthy. In these cases though you would only have one trait per item but I think finding the variety and style of play would be more fun then currently choosing to do more damage / take less damage / make this more powerful, it all seems to generic to me.
thaed137
AG
As good as news could be for the rope cutting:

"Confirmed: cutting the rope will give you a 19 second instant timer. Takes six seconds to cut. Full 90 when the rope is successfully cut. "
jeffk
AG
Kind of what I thought it would be. 6 seconds is plenty of time to put down a stationary target with special rounds. Especially if there's four guns watching the rope-cutter.
jeffk
AG
Does get interesting trying to extract solo though.
TexasAggie_02
AG
after everyone got off last night, I ran solo for a couple of hrs. Ended up with 7 rogue kills and successfully ran off 90 and 120 second timers myself. Started out the night with 116k credits, and ended with 189k. Had about 195k at one point, but started having run ins with spawn campers, so i called it a night.

Here's a quick how-to on getting 20k credits with very little effort. I was working on clearing the refueling depot when i noticed rogues over to the east. I managed to cut them off and take all 4 out with explosive rounds. Not sure why they stopped in the middle of the block, guess they thought they were safe (their timers all had about 20 secs left by then). EDIT: I only downed all 4, looks like someone killed 1 from behind somewhere. Got three of them though.

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Get your mat farming in now while you can.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i think the rope cutting will be worse in the lower GS brackets. D-bags will de-rank themselves to mess with the lower GS players like they always have. To much risk in rope cutting to do it against full teams that are at your level. If you go into the 200+ bracket, there will probably be less of that going on.
E
AG
quote:
It's been about a week since I've been on, does the church safe house in DZ6 still have crappy nomad blueprints or have they updated the items?
dcaggie04
AG
Still the nomad stuff.
E
AG
Eff
Agmaniacmike12
Is Live down currently? I can't connect and the service status webpage won't load.
wee_ag
AG
If anyone can watch Twitch right now they are having a livestream talking about the update and showing live gameplay.

https://twitch.tv/thedivisiongame
thaed137
AG
So far figured out that the easy side missions to gain intel give you like 163 gold while the hardest missions will go up to the 240 gear sets. Apparently the hardest missions are one go, if you fail you have to buy it again, the easier ones you can attempt as many times as needed. Looks like it could be pretty fun, especially if they can create more unique and variety of bosses as the game develops.

Will update if i hear anything else.

Cutting the rope, all the loot drops in a big spread, not all in one spot, you do instantly rogue.

North DZ gaurentees 204+ for the higher new tier of 200+ gear score
jeffk
AG
About to talk about hijacked extractions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.