***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,754 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's why I would rather grind/improve tactics & actual battle than craft, recalib, shop, etc.
thaed137
AG
For re-calibrating your equipment. You need to look at the main stats and the armor. It will give you a range of possible rolls. Let's say your mask is 557 health. The roll may be 540-675. This means you should probably roll that main stat to the higher end of the range. The 2nd thing to check is the armor. If you are not at 75% mitigation, which can be checked on the character tab, then you might benefit from rolling armor as a major attritube instead of what is there. 75% armor is important because:

100K Damage with 65% armor = 35K Damage
100K Damage with 75% armor = 25K Damage which is almost a 30% reduction in damage taken.

I would make those your first two focuses when rolling things on your pieces, make sure your main stats are close to max and that you are overall close to or at max armor. I also use the recalibration to change a high rolled say knee pads that are electronics to a high rolled knee pads that are stamina etc... to fit my build.
jr15aggie
AG
Games like this are tough... if you don't give enough to do, enough to grind for, etc. then your hardcore players lose interest and there goes the neighborhood. But you also run the risk of it being too much and losing your causal audience. I gotta think game designers always error on the side of the hard core.

But they lost me. Work and life just got extremely busy and anytime I thought about firing it up it felt like too much work just to figure out what gear I wanted to equip, which gear to reconfigure, etc. I knew better than to get that stupid Gold edition, but the Amazon deal was too good to pass up. Oh well! Had fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll check out the DLC at some point... no reason not to I guess, I'll just have to accept that I'll be a weakling.

Aggietaco
AG
I had my controller in hand after my Saturday run and decided that working in the garage would be less work than playing the Division...
TexasAggie_02
AG
they REALLY need a public API like destiny. Let us fiddle with our gear through a web browser while at work.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4q4opi/goodbye_dz_dz99_gank_squads_youre_days_are/

hmm, looks like we will be able to get some good gear outside of the DZ in the next update.

quote:
Just in the State of the Game, they showed that each time you rank up in the Underground players get an Underground cache. They showed the player, who was only rank 5 in Underground, opened up three caches which rewarded two 229 weapons and a 268 gear set knee pads. So, we just have to run PvE Underground on any level and rank up to get caches. New farm zone with no gankers. Thank you, Massive! Sayonara, DZ99 gank squads.
jeffk
AG
What time is then update hitting?
thaed137
AG
Think it is morning like 8-12 time frame.

Really happy with all the fixes and changes they have made so far. Striker/Senty nerf is the only thing that sucks.
wee_ag
AG
SMG nerfs, LMG and Shotty buffs. Recalibrate weapons require a new item called a Weapon Kit and Phoenix Credits.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/27/12044634/the-division-s-latest-update-nerfs-smgs-delayed-at-least-a-week-on-ps4

full list of changes: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-256432-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
jeffk
AG
I need to knock out the weekly hvts tonight. Was out of town all weekend and need to catch up.

Although my quest to get some better gear might be faster after this update honestly.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

• You can now convert three High-End Division Tech to one of any High-End crafting material.

quote:

• Players will now be disconnected from the game server if they are inactive for 15 minutes or longer.

Boo! I wonder if the rubber band trick works? I know bungie can tell if you do that, i doubt massive is that savvy yet.

quote:

• Dark Zone chests now scale better with the Gear Score bracket and the named zone you are in.

TexasAggie_02
AG
ugh. the striker and sentry nerf is huge. ppl on reddit that had 220 dps now have 170. Mine was at 226 with 2 sentry/3 striker, so I'm gonna be in the same boat.
TexasAggie_02
AG
and lol, they broke the map. if you open it, there is nothing there. so now you can't see where to go for the new missions. ppl on reddit are giving ppl directions so that they can walk there. apparently the first mission is near the old napalm production site mission
TexasAggie_02
AG
also, don't re-roll weapon talents yet, they are broken. If you re-roll the third ("free") talent, it will actually add stat requirements to the third slot.

and the new full auto shotty will proc sentry's mark. it's not supposed to, but they coded sentry's mark to not work with ARs/SMGs and not actually based on firing mode. The shotty will be patched, but enjoy it while you can.

Also, there is a mission where you are supposed to board a train, and half of the ppl playing are unable to get on the train, and are resorting to matchmaking hoping to find someone's game that actually works
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4q9gjm/ps4_users_cap_gold_div_tech_before_the_patch/

New DZ bracket is only dropping blue div tech. lolz

Massive: "hey, now you can convert gold d tech into other stuff" /drops only blue d tech
wee_ag
AG
What a cluster
thaed137
AG
Yah I have to wander their testing environment after what feels like three failed roll outs of patches to the game. A lot of people think the engine they use (snow frost?) has to be basis for a lot of these troubles as it appears no game developer is using outside of this so far. I believe most of these issues will be fixed today or this week but still sucks that Massive killed a lot of momentum they had by screwing up the roll out of the update. I'll be on tonight and hopefully it is changed by then.
TexasAggie_02
AG
also, some armors are dropping with 0 firearms, stamina or electronics.

Edit: I have streamerhouse on my 2nd monitor, and they are running the new missions, when all of a sudden all 4 of them could not fire or use any skills or medkits. they had to wipe. After wiping, they cannot open any of their menus
tamusc
AG
quote:
Yah I have to wander their testing environment after what feels like three failed roll outs of patches to the game. A lot of people think the engine they use (snow frost?) has to be basis for a lot of these troubles as it appears no game developer is using outside of this so far. I believe most of these issues will be fixed today or this week but still sucks that Massive killed a lot of momentum they had by screwing up the roll out of the update. I'll be on tonight and hopefully it is changed by then.

They built the engine, Snowdrop, in house and this is the first game to use it.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5524924/the-division-video-snowdrop-game-engine
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1465956-Delta-Characters-stored-in-a-standard-safe-house-will-fail-to-connect?s=9f97031e245d750409b1a9d60347347e

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4q9s2q/i_found_a_temporary_fix_for_the_delta_20001082/

If you logged out last anywhere but the BOO, you won't be able to connect to the server. Yay, I logged out in DZ 6 last night

Apparently a workaround is to join someone from the dashboard. But once you get to the underground, you may get permanently stuck there?
thaed137
AG
You'd have to think that without a lot of experience doing that, that a lot of these issues might stem from their inexperience in that. To me it seams the visuals are stunning and awesome, the actual game play seems to bug in the weirdest way. Wander if they developed the visual side much more than the game play side and made some foundational mistakes in the base programming that is making their lives hell now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
here's a vid from last week i just got around to. be careful where you throw those nades.

jeffk
AG
Spent 1.5 hours downloading the update and now it looks like the servers are down.
TexasAggie_02
AG
looks like they might be hotpatching a lot of the connection issues
thaed137
AG
Yeah it should only be 15 or so minutes to fix all the major loading delta errors people were having.
jeffk
AG
Pretty cool. Played through the first underground mission on normal solo. Easy stuff and I got a 268 Firehawk vest for leveling up. Sold a bunch of my 214 stuff I had been hoarding.

The striker nerf took my dps down quite a bit too, which is going to slow the game down considerably for me. Need to grab some better gear quick to get it back up.

Anyone down to try the incursion or some UG missions tonight?
tamusc
AG
quote:
You'd have to think that without a lot of experience doing that, that a lot of these issues might stem from their inexperience in that. To me it seams the visuals are stunning and awesome, the actual game play seems to bug in the weirdest way. Wander if they developed the visual side much more than the game play side and made some foundational mistakes in the base programming that is making their lives hell now.
Yeah, it seems to me that they focused too much on visuals and modularity and not enough on stability.
thaed137
AG
After several play throughs last night of the underground, I have to say that is was fun, the little traps and mechanisms in the game, while simple, were a welcome change. It does scale up quickly from hard to challenging, basically going from 32 purples to 34 golds. So far I have gotten several 229 weapons and a couple of 268 pieces from the caches you get form leveling up. I do recommend putting on your highest gear when opening as it seemed to make a difference in our small group and small sample size which may mean nothing. I got a few pieces of highly rolled BLIND gear to take me from 214 to 228 and over 500 toughness. I have more than I need in armor right now so will slowly adjust my build as I go.
jeffk
AG
Tried the incursion a couple of times last night and all I can say is F THOSE RC FIREBOMB CARS.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I enjoyed it, though the install failed twice on me, and I had several delta and lima errors before I could actually sign on.

My AUG dps did drop from 220 to 170. But in my second underground cache, I got a 229 G36 and my dps jumped back up to 230
TexasAggie_02
AG
I started in DZ 6, b/c i had to abruptly stop there the night before with a full bag. Right as i entered, there were supply drops. Tried to get the one by the DZ 6 safehouse, but there was no way in hell my friend and I could handle it. Managed to get the one below midtown by coming up behind it while someone had them engaged from the other side Then hauled ass out of there, extracted at DZ 4 then ran underground most of the night.

We went back to the DZ at the end of the night and DZ 1 and 2 were a beast.

I'm a little disappointed in my caches that i saved. out of 12 green caches, i only got two pieces from the new gear sets. the rest were final measure, tactician and sentry.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Tried the incursion a couple of times last night and all I can say is F THOSE RC FIREBOMB CARS.
Those sound awesome... "Where does he get those wonderful toys?!"
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
Those sound awesome... "Where does he get those wonderful toys?!"

The helpers of the Four Horsemen say "Ask and Ye Shall Receive!"
TexasAggie_02
AG
all high value targets are bugged right now and are only level 30. Ubisoft is working on a fix, hopefully that doesn't happen until tomorrow. easy way to get 268 gear and 229 weapons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4qff6e/hvts_are_bugged_and_really_easy_right_now_fyi/
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I wish I still had my laugh\cry cause this **** is funny!!!!

https://streamable.com/4vfh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.