***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,746 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've defnitely enjoyed other games much more.
TexasAggie_02
AG
was running solo and killed 3 rogues last night, and downed the 4. that was quite fun. There was a supply drop in the dead end east of the library. I was nearly there when it said someone else was claiming it, then i see 4 guys go rogue (they ended up killing 3/4 of another party). 1 last non-hostile popped a survivor link and started to tango with them.

I hunkered down a ways down the street and popped explosive rounds into my M44 and unloaded on them. They were preoccupied with the other guy and didn't know what hit 'em. Downed all 4 and killed 3. My splash damage on the non hostile caused me to go rogue though, so i high tailed it out of there. That lucky b@$tard got all the loot/credits/DZ keys. I probably should've just finished him off too and took everything, but the safehouse was too close for comfort, and i didn't want 8 ticked off people coming for me.
Average Joe
AG
I just spent a few days grinding out 300+ phoenix credits to buy the sentry's knee pad blueprints only to accidentally buy the striker's knee pad blueprints instead. The icing on the cake was that I wasted materials making two of them before realizing it. I knew I should have just gone to bed instead of forcing myself awake to finish the last two challenging runs.
thaed137
AG
Probably the most fun I have had running the darkzone last night. Wolverine and I ended up pairing up with two randoms we ran across in the DZ. Thought they were hunting us but ended up being good dudes. We killed a few named bosses before 3 rogues popped up on our maps. We ended up chasing them for quite a bit until I took a chance and turned early and was able to get ahead of them coming back. We downed them all and took all their loot which was a lot, even a Midas among it. We moved to extract as we were all full. The group, which is now four, comes and tries to kill us again at the extraction zone. We quickly put them down again but are unable to extract except one guy. We attempt it again and again they come and try to kill us. We kill them all again. This time we decided to move extraction zones. They hunt us down again and this time try to wait longer for us to be extracting. They attack us again and we end up losing one guy early in the fight. We end up running away for a bit and low and behold, they killed the one guy who didn't have any of their loot haha. We turn back when we are four strong again, extract all our stuff, and then hunt them down. This is where is got fun. They ended up cornered in a single spot and we had about 12 people outside ready to kill them. We popped survivor link and ran in to kill them, everyone else did as well. This caused 10 of the 12 people to also go rogue, us not among them. We ended up killing 8 of those 10 as they tried to flee and run away, one person who was killed with red double zeros on his rogue counter. The server just continued with rogues the rest of the night. Our group ended up with around 30-35 rogue kills in about an hour. I went up two dz levels in that time.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I just spent a few days grinding out 300+ phoenix credits to buy the sentry's knee pad blueprints only to accidentally buy the striker's knee pad blueprints instead. The icing on the cake was that I wasted materials making two of them before realizing it. I knew I should have just gone to bed instead of forcing myself awake to finish the last two challenging runs.
I feel your pain. I blew a lot on HE Firearms Gear mod and spent half my credits on crafting stupid crap. I guess it's all a part of the fun right?
shertown04
AG
I finally got a second piece of the Striker set last night on a boss drop. Went to recalibrate the LMG damage since I don't use the LMGs and evidently told it to change the Critical Damage Chance instead. The 70k credits wasn't that big of a deal but now it's locked and that's the only spec I can reroll. Ugh. I should pay more attention to menus I guess.
BaitShack
AG
I hit level 30 and am somewhat bored. I've made a couple of mad runs through the dark zone but that's about it. I know there's a lot more out there but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to take the next step.

Is Robert Deniro one of the voices in the game?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I hit level 30 and am somewhat bored. I've made a couple of mad runs through the dark zone but that's about it. I know there's a lot more out there but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to take the next step.

It's more fun with people you know. The real fun comes from leveling and gearing up...and that requires a grind.
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:

As someone who has played this game too much and spent wayyy too much time in DZ and crafting, there really isn't much more out there and it is not worth your time to grind it out. Hoping they fix a lot of major issues in a future DLC.
jeffk
AG
Up to three pieces of Sentry's Call gear and picked up a nice gold submachine gun (police something or other) that actually outperforms the Navy I crafted last week. Still haven't gotten a gear piece random drop outside of the incursion yet though.

Also randomly got 150 Px from my rewards claim vendor. Check your out if you haven't lately.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Up to three pieces of Sentry's Call gear and picked up a nice gold submachine gun (police something or other) that actually outperforms the Navy I crafted last week. Still haven't gotten a gear piece random drop outside of the incursion yet though.

Also randomly got 150 Px from my rewards claim vendor. Check your out if you haven't lately.

Everyone got 150. Some got 500 though.
jeffk
AG
I figured that, I just hadn't seen anyone post it here yet.
jeffk
AG
And I wish I got 500.
E
AG
when was this 150 phoenix credits? I dont see any
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
when was this 150 phoenix credits? I dont see any

I think I got the notice sometime last night. You have to claim it from the claims vendor on first floor of the base. I was happy with what I got m
E
AG
Got it! Didn't know you have to right tab over to resources...
herb96
AG
150 phx credits? sounds like vitual hush money
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
150 phx credits? sounds like vitual hush money

It's the amount we missed out on when there were no dailies before the incursion update
jeffk
AG
Is there a fix for the glitched echoes?
TexasAggie_02
AG
So a lot of ppl have been complaining since the patch, thinking that massive ninja buffed elite enemies without putting it I the patch notes.

Turns out that the perk 'protection from elites' actually causes you to take more damage from elites.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4g6lnk/tested_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/

This game is so broken, yet I can't stop playing it.
jeffk
AG
Well, crap. I have one glitched echo and it's the third one of a five part story (Judy Walters in Hell's Kitchen). As best as I can figure out, I need someone who hasn't collected that set to let me join their game so that all parts will show up for me to interact with. As it stands now, I can only see the first part and the third (missing part), but I can't get the second part to show up because I've already claimed that one.

If you guys haven't claimed that set, please let me know so I can do it with you.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Well, crap. I have one glitched echo and it's the third one of a five part story (Judy Walters in Hell's Kitchen). As best as I can figure out, I need someone who hasn't collected that set to let me join their game so that all parts will show up for me to interact with. As it stands now, I can only see the first part and the third (missing part), but I can't get the second part to show up because I've already claimed that one.

If you guys haven't claimed that set, please let me know so I can do it with you.
Pretty sure I haven't done that one yet but I probably won't be on for a couple of days.
tamusc
AG
Aaaand XBL took a giant dump. Sorry, I mean "Core Services are Limited"....sigh.
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
So a lot of ppl have been complaining since the patch, thinking that massive ninja buffed elite enemies without putting it I the patch notes.

Turns out that the perk 'protection from elites' actually causes you to take more damage from elites.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4g6lnk/tested_confirmed_protection_from_elites_increases/

Sigh* I would have overlooked so many goofy problems with the game if they fixed the loot system and made it to where you can do things solo more often.
Average Joe
AG
I have been to the point where I wanted to ditch the game a few times, but I haven't yet. I keep remembering that the game hasn't been out for very long. I'll stick with it because I still have fun and give them a chance to get the kinks out of it.
BaitShack
AG
I tossed a grenade out and killed 3+ bad guys who were strolling down the center of the street and that made me feel good for a bit. I recieved some kind of multi kill credit,.My first... I guess I'll keep tooling around.
BaitShack
AG
Everything at the base is at 90%, I want to get the tech wing up to 100% so I can see what the upgraded turret is.

The SOCOM M1A is my favorite weapon. I was a little hesitant to buy it, but Its paid off.
BaitShack
AG
When I first started playing I'd do just enough to stir things up, then retreat and pick them off one by one. Lately I've been fighting through it, ala the great shootout scene in HEAT.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so i really like the Aug that's for sale this week. Folks online are split about whether or not it's a good roll. It has Brutal (which is awesome), meticulous (can take it or leave it, there's no notification sound when it procs, and I'm a compulsive reloader so you have to keep an eye on the ammo counter), and Vicious (extra crit damage at full health).

If you run with a high skill power, and use overheal, then vicious is actually a pretty good talent. If you overheal before an encounter, you will have the damage buff for much longer. Pair that with pulse and a 4 piece sentry buff, and you are melting through ppl.

Here is what i was running with most of the weekend. The highest i could get my DPS was close to 250k, but i wanted to buff my skill power a little bit more, so i dropped my DPS down to 219k.

Last night on my last DZ run through, I got a gear score 182 AK-74 with Brutal, Deadly, and Accurate. Once i put mods on it, the DPS was 241k. If you hold down the trigger, the reticle slowly climbs straight up (absolutely no horizontal sway). I tried it out on some trash mobs around the Base of Operations, haven't used it against any elites yet

jeffk
AG
What are the little numbers next to the gear (upper right of each card)?

Noticed them for the first time this week.
Agmaniacmike12
The amount of that type of gear in your backpack. For instance, he has 14 non-sidearm weapons in his inventory.
Cromagnum
AG
I play on PC, but the sheer amt of smack talk that goes on when someone goes rogue is hilarious at times.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm keeping my gear score below 160.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
quote:

Sigh* I would have overlooked so many goofy problems with the game if they fixed the loot system and made it to where you can do things solo more often.
Honestly, I wish they had learned a lesson or two from Blizzard. They know how to balance properly when you're solo or in a group. It wouldn't hurt to have enemies get buffed depending on the size of the group. And in the case of incursions...it wouldn't hurt to add something similar to Determination which stacks up to 5 times.

Determination
Your persistence in the face of adversity strengthens your resolve.

Damage dealt increased by 5%.
Healing received increased by 5%.
Health increased by 5%.

I mean...let it be super hard...but then let people get some reprieve for at least trying over and over again you know?

I'm still gonna play. I'm addicted to looting in the lower DZ...
gumby579
AG
What's suggested way to get the currency to recalibrate equipment? I can get Phoenix credits quite easily but it takes forever to get regular credits for me now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.