***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,741 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
shertown04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Also if running DZ05/06 was hard doing solo before (and still is for me), now you will have to change up our gear to make sure you stay below the 201 GS since DZ05/06 from the 161+ DZ and DZ01/02 from the 201+ DZ should be about the same level.
I'm also a little confused about the gear score/dz level. Could you arm low level guns and just switch them out with higher stuff from your inventory once you are in the dz? Or maybe it forces a server transition to a higher level once something higher is armed...
I was confused with how it was stating it as well. At one point I thought they said the GS takes into account all weapons and gear including what is in your stash (which is one reason people were using the alt character to store stuff and lower the GS) but what they put on there makes it sound like it just takes into account your highest equipped weapon. With access to your stash in the DZ Safehouses now, that doesn't make any sense.

Here is the note from the release notes for reference.

• Gear Score will now only take into account the equipped weapon with the highest Gear Score, and discard the other two. This will prevent players from equipping low quality weapons to voluntarily reduce their Gear Score.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i think that it will still take into account your gear, it's just using the highest weapon to prevent ppl from equipping a gray pistol to drop GS. most of the griefers will have 182 or 204 weapons. That will insure that they end up in 161 or 200 brackets right off the bat.
shertown04
AG
But how does that keep me from equipping 3 gray weapons, entering the DZ and changing to my normal 204/182 weapons? Will it kick me or transition me while I'm in the server? I would never go that far, but when I'm running solo I'd much rather be GS198 in a 161+ server than 204 in a 201+ server and I'm pretty sure I won't be moving out of the low 200s anytime soon unless I get some random 240 drops at some point.

TexasAggie_02
AG
i think GS will work the same has it has before, it's just now taking the average of 7 items (6 gear, 1 weapon), instead of 9 items. so stuff in your inventory is still going to raise your GS unless you put it on an alt. For the DZ, your displayed GS is not what is used for DZ brackets, it's your potential GS based on the gear you have in your stash and backpack. Now your highest GS weapon will count as 1/7th of your GS instead of 1/9th.

People will still be able to lower their GS, but they will have to sacrifice some armor pieces as well. It probably won't be too hard to get into the 161-200 bracket, but it will definitely be harder to get into the sub 160 bracket.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
i think that it will still take into account your gear, it's just using the highest weapon to prevent ppl from equipping a gray pistol to drop GS. most of the griefers will have 182 or 204 weapons. That will insure that they end up in 161 or 200 brackets right off the bat.
So does this cover alts? Cause I just send to my alt inventory. I'm confused how this will change anything for me.
thaed137
AG
Basically you will have to move the equipment into the back pack of your alternate. That way you can't access that stuff from the dark zone is what they are getting at. If you can access it at a stash or in your backpack, it will count towards your actual gear score for dark zone ranking.
shertown04
AG
I'm still confused. Does it look at what is equipped, what is in your inventory, or what is in your stash? I thought they had always said it looked at everything including your stash but now they are saying they are changing how they calculate GS but the new method doesn't mention inventory or stash...

So, basically they are just changing how they calculate your visible GS (the GS of your currently equipped gear), but the potential number that they use to calculate which DZ you are put into is still going to be the same. I would imagine since the stash is now available in the DZ they would HAVE to use that as well. And if that is true then they are just worried about someone baiting someone using a low 'visible' GS and then switching to a high weapon and mowing them down? If artificially lowering your visible GS doesn't move you to a different DZ then I don't see what the big deal is.
TexasAggie_02
AG
GS for the DZ looks at your backpack and stash. takes an average of your top 9 pieces (6 armor, 3 weapons).

right now, ppl are putting all their extra gear on an alt, and leaving only what they need to get below 161 on their main. This usually means that they have a 204 primary (or a God roll 182) and green/gray/blue secondary and sidearm, 4 pieces of (191/214) sentry and 163/182 savage gloves and reckless chest. The average of those 9 pieces is less than 161.

After the update, it will ignore two of the weapon pieces. It will only look at your highest GS weapon. You are now taking the average of 7 pieces of gear instead of 9. So that 1 weapon will have a higher impact on the average. So after the update, you would have to sacrifice not only two weapons to de-rank, but some armor as well.

Remember that sub-lvl 30 gear has no GS, so you are averaging in zeroes. By ignoring them, you take out the zeroes, basically treating them as outliers that don't contribute to the equation.

There will be no way to ninja carry gear into the DZ. I would assume that if you extract high level gear that raises your GS, then you will be put into a higher bracket upon taking them out of your stash. I would assume that the "extracted" tab of the stash is not counted in GS calculations, b/c then you would get phased into a higher bracket the moment you did your first extraction. only the regular stash tab that you can add to and pull from would matter.
wee_ag
AG
Ok, then why when I change my equipped items from items in my inventory (my extra XP set vs my DPS set) does my gear score change from 180-ish to 200+? I'm pulling nothing out of stash, just changing a couple of armor pieces already on my person.
Aggietaco
AG
That's just your currently equipped gear score (GS). There's no way to know your potential GS without equipping your best items. The game bases your DZ level on your character's highest potential GS. Going forward, only your highest rated weapon will count towards your character's highest potential GS.
wee_ag
AG
So my gear score and DZ server level are not the same? I can have a GS of 180 but be put into the 200+ DZ servers because the items in my backpack put my highest potential GS at over 200?

So confused.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Yes, it's based on your potential gear score. It helps deter ppl from running amok in the lower brackets. If you want to de level, you have to put items on an alt.
jeffk
AG
Livestream of the new updates is on The Division twitch channel now if anyone is awake and bored.

Roaming the 201+ DZ now. Level 34 enemies but TONS of high level drops.
jeffk
AG
How many players can be in a server at one time?

On their feed right now, there's three full groups of four trying to clear a checkpoint.
thaed137
AG
I thought it was somewhere around 24 players per server which would make it 4 player squad per dark zone which is pretty good.
jeffk
AG
Why are these rioters carrying around sealed caches anyway?

Are they fanny packs, man purses, what?
jeffk
AG
Stash in every DZ checkpoint is a huge plus.
jeffk
AG
So should we run the DZ or HVT missions tonight?
wee_ag
AG
My update applied on it's own, didn't have to start the game and download an update like most others. Also reports of missing characters after the update... shocking, I know.

Playing now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
anyone know how large the update is? i'm on a metered rural connection. I'll either have to take my box into town, or tether it to my phone to update.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4kt6t8/mega_bug_thread_post_12_update_240516/

looks like tons of nasty bugs introduced in the update (not shocking at all)
wee_ag
AG
Had a extra 200 phoenix credits in my account... only bug so far is the tools cache isn't available to pick-up in the boo.
shertown04
AG
Firewater (icy puddle)
wee_ag
AG
Just saw a player with 225 gear score
shertown04
AG
http://gamerant.com/division-incursion-cut-from-main-game-816/

quote:
After completing the Clear Sky mission, a cut scene plays back at the Base of Operations, showing Agent Faye Lau speaking to the player about next steps. Interestingly enough, Lau mentions that the next thing that needs to happen is for the player to storm the UN where the LMB faction is held up and deal with Bliss once and for all.
quote:
Speculation is starting to indicate that this mission was originally within the main campaign, but was cut at some point during development.
Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to nix a cutscene from the end of the incursion...but then again a lot of the bugs don't seem like it would take a genius to figure out.
thaed137
AG
According to the developers, it was a bug that the cut scene didn't play in the original game before the final mission. It is corrected now and will play for people who have already beat it out of order but for those going through the game for the first time, will experience it in the correct order.
shertown04
AG
Saw one person say 4.6GB on the gamefaq forum
wee_ag
AG
Your 'Target Intel' total is found on the bottom of the Pouches tab. It's like they're making it as difficult as possible to do the simplest things in this game.
dcaggie04
AG
4.6 gb is correct.
shertown04
AG
Watching some youtube videos and a few comments.

Watched someone do the new incursion on youtube. A group of 4 and they finished it in less than 20 minutes. Lots of enemies and not really a place to bunker down since they come from all directions, but it looked fairly easy. Plant a couple of fuses and beat a boss. The change to balance seemed to affect the person that was playing (either that or he was just blaming that and he sucked anyways) but he was missing a lot of shots.

One other thing I saw from watching a livestream on youtube...the streamer went rogue and was in a firefight but his timer never stopped running while shooting/being shot by NPCs.

Also, the Historian he found only had 3 mod slots...that's...not optimal.
jeffk
AG
wee_ag
AG
PSA - if you die during a HVT hunt you respawn back at the BoO and have to reactivate the mission (doesn't cost extra intel). The location of the target will change (though your map will still indicate they are at the original location until you pick up the mission again)
thaed137
AG
This is true for daily hunts, I believe the harder weekly hunts you will have to purchase the hunt again.
herb96
AG
so, we'll see Mike on Thursday?
shertown04
AG
I kinda just want to farm the incursion 2-3 times, then hit up some HVT. I want to get some better gear before I jump straight into the DZ with harder enemies and from what I have seen, rogues galore with GS ~215-220.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.