***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,742 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yes, i'm stupid, but my curiosity got the better of me. I went into DZ01 by myself last night at lvl 13. The AI enemies were killable, but not 5 mins in there, a group of 4 lvl 30's straight up murdered me right after I opened a loot chest. Lucky for me, they left all my crap there b/c it was all blue. I hung back for a bit, then went to retrieve my stuff. I noticed that they were doing an extraction, so i ran to the opposite side to the other extraction zone and got my stuff out of there while they were busy.

After a bit, several more low level randos showed up and we kept to our side of the map taking out mobs together, until i went rogue on accident. A thug with a bat charged one of them from behind and had nearly beat him to death. I turned to shoot the thug, but some bullets hit him instead, and they all turned on me.

Word of advice, just let ppl in close quarters combat die. You can always kill the enemy later and then revive them.
wreckt01
hit level 24, DZ level 15 or so. Game is a blast so far. I think im going to hit 30 before going back into the DZ so that I can keep and use the loot. Feel free to invite or join if I'm online (XB1 - wreckt01) Sorry i had to decline the other day Kampfers - had to catch a flight
jeffk
AG
Big news everyone - Keester hit level 10 last night!

I celebrated by trying to beat the department store mission with randos for almost two hours. Made it to the final defense portion twice but was overwhelmed both times (over and over again) before quitting out.
TheVarian
AG
Be careful with those randoms (Ive read and have had happen to me) they will run in front of your line of fire so you go rogue by "accident"
Aggietaco
AG
Good, I'll have someone I can play with soon.

Took 2-3 days off of playing and everyone I had been playing with is 10 levels above me all of a sudden.
Madmarttigan
AG
Stop doing hard modes while leveling up ya noobs. It is 20x faster just to run normal mode and enjoy yourself. Do the hard stuff at 30.

Also how were you in the dark zone with level 30s texasaggie, that shouldn't be possible at 13 lol.
MontanaAg11
AG
I'm level 14 and DZ level 8 so feel free to add me. I'm taking it pretty slow and just enjoying the game. I'm doing all the side missions and encounters before I do the main missions.

I've played the DZ and love the format so far. Typically I won't even pick up loot if its not better than what I have to avoid being targeted. That said, I love the random encounters with mobs and other players. Makes the game really interesting.

Edit: Xbox gamer tag => ImpactFlux
Kampfers
AG
Scavenger crate just dropped a purple holster for me
Kampfers
AG
Also, the DZ is surprisingly not very scary at this bracket. I was running with 3 27s and I was 28 last night and we cleared every landmark in dz05 and dz06 as well as the subway systems and weren't even really being challenged.

Got loads of purple drops though, so that was nice.
thaed137
AG
Glad you finally caught up to me Kampfers haha. Yeah the DZ at that level isn't very hard if you have a solid group. I was going through DZ5 by myself and it was pretty brutal. Just too many npc's to try to take on solo and typically running away just leads you to another group.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Easy way to get 150+ Phoenix credits per hour

Madmarttigan
AG
That is fantastic, tons of crafting materials and faster credits! Been doing it and can confirm still working.
TheVarian
AG
alllllllrighty friends. List has been updated.
gumby579
AG
quote:

Holy crap...now I know what I'm going to spend tomorrow evening doing...
tamusc
AG
And I got left off the list again

GT is Daredevil7
TheVarian
AG
quote:
And I got left off the list again

GT is Daredevil7

Just added you. Sorry. I thought I had gone through the board
LeftyHound
AG
Picked up a new headset today after my last crapped the bed. Now you guys want have to try and interpret my pistol firing as where we need to go.
TexasAggie_02
AG
From what I read on Reddit, don't kill the red bars, or the yellow bar won't spawn anymore. Some ppl aren't getting the yellow bar at all.
slickag2007
AG
Will anyone be on tonight? The wife is going out of town, and I'll have some time. I'm a level 25 and a level 10 in the DZ.
Madmarttigan
AG
Think I finally figured out all the boss locations in the top dz zone. Gotta find the motivation to grind to 50. At 39 now.
Ozmandius
quote:

This works like a charm. Got a cadeus from this guy too. Mostly mods, pads and attachments though. Still, great way to farm PC.
jr15aggie
AG
Man I played a lot of this game last night. 5 hour marathon session. I haven't done that with a game in years. Still only level 18, but it was fun. Ended the night trolling in the DZ for a while... what else can you really do going solo. Played nice with some randoms at times... and other times I decided to shoot them in the back just because!
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
quote:

This works like a charm. Got a cadeus from this guy too. Mostly mods, pads and attachments though. Still, great way to farm PC.
FYI this only works if you havent randomly killed this guy and his minions before.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FYI this only works if you havent randomly killed this guy and his minions before.
They'll eventually respawn - just don't kill the red shirts before the yellow shows up.
Greg09Ag
AG
Behold yon ***gots; I'm in dis *****.

Xbl: DongosaurusRex
slickag2007
AG
I really need some new weapons for the DZ. I hit level 30 in the main game today, and what I thought were great weapons seem to do very little on the level 30 enemies in the DZ. I like using an assault rifle as my primary, and a marksman rifle as my secondary. Any suggestions?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I really need some new weapons for the DZ. I hit level 30 in the main game today, and what I thought were great weapons seem to do very little on the level 30 enemies in the DZ. I like using an assault rifle as my primary, and a marksman rifle as my secondary. Any suggestions?
Something you should remember about the enemies in the DZ as opposed to the normal game enemies outside the DZ, there are very few red enemies. Most of them are going to be purple in the lower levels of the DZ and in the upper levels you will see level 31 and 32 enemies of which the majority are going to be yellow. Almost all of the enemies in the DZ are going to have the armor blocks.

Work on going in groups with friends or form a group to go into the DZ through matchmaker, and focus your fire. The yellow "lightning bolt" enemies generally have shotguns and are by far the most dangerous enemies when up close. You also see the same enemies in the challenging difficulty. Focus on taking them down first and then go for the rest.

As far as weapons, use your phoenix credits to get schematics from the vendor in the base IMO. That's where I would start first and craft weapons and gear from there.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm level 19 and there are some REALLY good weapons and gear I could buy... But I keep telling myself to save all money and supplies until I'm 30. I've caved in a few somewhat inexpensive items to help me along, but for the most part I'm hoarding my money and materials.

Besides, the stuff I get from drops is good enough right now.
jeffk
AG
Up to level 17 now but still haven't visited the DZ.

Probably should get on that.

Also, I hate making tough decisions such as whether to keep my level 13 SMG with sweet abilities (+20% damage vs purple and yellow enemies) or trade it out for a higher level/higher overall DPS model.
jeffk
AG
Oh and can someone give me a cliff notes version of what phoenix credits are?
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Oh and can someone give me a cliff notes version of what phoenix credits are?
End game credits only available at level 30 for purchasing high-end items.
jeffk
AG
Ahh... Thanks.

I'm pretty much the only one on the ol friends list who's not level 30 each time I log on. Makes teaming up for DZ running tough.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If the weapons you are getting are decent, then spend your credits on attachments. Deconstruct the attachments after you level out of them (I'd say by 2 levels) so that you can use the parts for crafting later on down the line.
gumby579
AG
So the daily challenging missions are fun. Those should be fun and keep everything entertaining until the first DLC.
jr15aggie
AG
Every time I get a gun that I think is awesome... I get another that makes me throw the previous in the trash.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.