***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,752 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i'll also add that, Overheal + Smartcover + security link = almost unkillable
BaitShack
AG
I've been trolling rogues lately. The only thing I'll have in my bag is a scarf, pair of boots, or shirt.

Then I keep doing extracts until a group comes along and takes the bait. Some of the comments are hilarious.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
222K DPS. 303K Toughness. 16K Skill. Not bad for a night.
jeffk
AG
Anyone had any luck matchmaking for the HVT missions? I'd like to knock out some of the weeklies, but no one seems to be on the random times I'm trying to run them.
thaed137
AG
There is a reddit movement to use Camp Hudson to matchmake for the HVT missions. I usually try that or link up with people in safe houses I see run to the board to activate them.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Is matchmaking dependent on which safe house you're in?
gumby579
AG
quote:
Is matchmaking dependent on which safe house you're in?
I think it is in that it will search for other groups in whatever safe house you are in that have selected the same mode as well (free roam, DZ). I'm not certain about that but it seems to be how it works. Reddit is pushing to use Hudson as the primary place to search for HVT for the time being.
jr15aggie
AG
So I haven't played this in over 3 weeks. Life just got real busy! I'm not really sure, but it feels like I'm so far behind now and that it's almost not worth even trying anymore. What say you guys?

It's the main reason why I keep shying away from these games (like Destiny). I just can't keep up with all the leveling and loot gathering. As soon as I play a different game for a couple weeks all my buds are way ahead and it feels like they are having to babysit me if I join their party. I like the game just fine, but I just can't keep up.
thaed137
AG
I think the majority of the fun is playing with people you know. Especially now the new HVT missions, you can do a lot more with lower level players and still have fun. Now a lvl 15 verse lvl 30 is tough but a gear score 100 vs 200 can still roll together. I specifically keep my darkzone score below the 200 level to play with some friends even though the better loot is higher up.

So darkzone story from the other night that was a blast. I was going solo through the darkzone and this group of 3 younger kids asked me to join. I join up and it happens they actually have 7 people together plus me. Anyways, i'm just trying to level up and don't care too much about loot. They ask for help to extract as rogues are coming, I run over with explosive bullets equipped. The rogues are smart and use a meat shield to let there buddy cut the rope. I killed two of the rogues and another member killed the 3rd. The loot explosion happens. I run around and pick up all the green loot I see. The members in my group blame the rogues on stealing there gear and I of course stayed silent. They go to hunt more rogues and I silently extract by myself. This actually happened 3 times in a row. My group would go to extract, rogues cut the rope, and I take the loot. I ended up with like 7 caches and ton of gear with minimal effort. I was trying so hard to not laugh at their misfortune of having a spy in their midst. Ended the night with 8-9 rogue kills and almost to lvl 50 now. I kept waiting for them to see that Redass2009 has taken your gear but they never did.
TexasAggie_02
AG
awesome! Does it not say "so and so stole XYZ" when a rope is cut (like when you drop loot after dying)? I haven't lost loot to a rope cutter yet, b/c i wait until 15 seconds to tie off. If someone shows up, I don't extract.
jeffk
AG
That's perfect.
shertown04
AG
I know the feeling. I didn't play at all last weekend while my parents were in town visiting and after just a couple of days I felt behind even if I wasn't really. With the rise of rogues coming back and a harder DZ I'm enjoying doing the HVTs as a no-risk way to get a chance at gear set pieces. I'm not going to be on this weekend either since I'll be out of town but I feel the momentum waning for me in the game. May have to start mixing back in some of my other games.
jeffk
AG
Update today?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Update today?
saw on reddit where it was over 2 GB for the double UI bug.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm enjoying doing the HVTs as a no-risk way to get a chance at gear set pieces.
Friggin A... I don't even know what HVTs are. Has the game literally changed that much in the past 3-4 weeks? I'm boned! They haven't even released a single piece of the DLC (that I already paid for) but it already feels like it's too much for this guy. I'm getting to be an old fart as far as video games are concerned!

Ignore me while I blow in my old NES cartridge and attempt to play super mario bros! Leave us old ones behind... we'll only slow you down.
thaed137
AG
To encourage open world play, aka outside the dark zone, they created basically side missions again. You go to a safe house, get assigned the side missions, and go kill three groups of bad guys that reward you with intel. You also get a 163 gold item for clearing all 3 and going back to the safe house to confirm. You then can go to the BoO and use that intel to unlock High Value Targets (HVT). These have both a daily (Easy to Medium Difficulty) to Weekly (Medium to Hard Difficulty) These are typically like a harder encounter where you have a time limit to wipe out 2-3 waves of enemies before the boss comes out. Kill the boss and you get a nice gold/set gear pieces and boss drops. The harder the mission, the better chance for higher drops.

Hardest part right now is getting a team for the harder matches, reddit has people matchmaking at camp hudson which has been about 70% success for me.

There is a lot more loot dropping in this update, and with a new harder darkzone level, has added some more excitement back into the game.
jeffk
AG
So dramatic.

Go to Hudson Yards and matchmake. When you get pcked up by a group, tag along on a couple of the daily or weekly high-value target missions. You'll quickly amass a good amount of 214 and 240 gear. Screw around with it and try to buff your toughness stat if possible. (I need to rearrange a few things to get mine higher.) Then if you're feeling frisky, jump into the higher level DZ with a group of four tonight and you'll keep collecting high level gear. You'll be caught up in no time.
MaroonStain
AG
The game is difficult to most and to get good, you have to grind like anything else.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol.. What the heck is toughness stat!? You guys keep trying to make me feel better but keep saying stuff I'm clueless about. Why do they keep adding new stats n stuff. I thought gear score was the important thing... Now it's toughness. Sheesh!
jeffk
AG
Toughness = health + armor

Tank builds are all the rage.
E
AG
So what's a decent toughness score?
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Try to get above 200K.
Agmaniacmike12
300-350K is serviceable, but the most important part of that stat is the armor. Hitting the armor cap (75% damage mitigation) will make you tankier. I've seen builds that go up to 600K.

In order to get the most out of your sets make sure to roll armor on kneepads and chests. Roll skill power on masks and backpacks. Buy level 32 gear mods in DZ04 safe house and roll them with +armor or +skill power to boosts those stats. If you do this, you can focus on firearms more with your gear roll if you want to have a balanced set. Realistically, you can achieve 200K DPS, 350K toughness, and 15K skill power without 240 gear.
gumby579
AG
And here I am thrilled with my 150k, 205k, 20k build. Is it just me or is clear sky on hard easy as heck?
Agmaniacmike12
The biggest thing I have noticed about "undergeared" players is that they aren't getting the most out of the mod slots. Those level 32 gear mods are great. If you have 4-5 mod slots and equip them with stamina mods with +armor, you will notice a sizeable uptick in toughness.

If you have 2 decent Tac Authority pieces (2 blueprints available pre-1.2) and a mask and a backpack rolled with skill power as a major attribute, you can achieve almost 15K skill power without having any electronics gear.
htownag08
AG
If anyone is going to be on tonight and wants some dead weight to pull around, I'd love to get some gear and such. Still playing catch up and am super underpowered.
slickag2007
AG
I'll be on maybe for a while on Sunday morning or Monday-Tuesday. I'd enjoy teaming up with some people to try the new incursion and also challenge mode on the older incursion.
jeffk
AG
Love throwing on two pieces of Lone Star right before hitting the resupply. Nice to have over 1200 rounds for each of my SMG and AR.

Ran the incursion with a group of guys who knew what they were doing today. All had survival link and various heals and stickies equipped. Supported each other while we moved the pieces around the square then took down the boss straight away using our last survivor link. Easy peasey.

Next up - rank up enough in the DZ and accumulate enough funds to buy the gear mod blueprints I need to max out my loadout. Currently running a 4 piece striker and two piece tactician set.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Next up - rank up enough in the DZ and accumulate enough funds to buy the gear mod blueprints I need to max out my loadout. Currently running a 4 piece striker and two piece tactician set.
This.

I'm on now, but DZ is impossible solo so if anyone wants to hook-up
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Toughness = health + armor

Tank builds are all the rage.
Tank builds are the only rage. I don't think there's a reason to have any other build. I'm trying so desperately to like this game but cookie cutter characters ain't going to do it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
For me, lone star + police backpack, + tact chest with 46% ammo = 1900 smg rounds
htownag08
AG
Had to jump off for about an hour then I'll be back on. XB1: TNilli
TheVarian
AG
I'm trying to beat clear sky right now, but ever random I team up with has a hard time with it, myself included. Shoot me an invite if you'd like to join

The varian
wee_ag
AG
i'm not skilled enough to jump in that without a well experienced group. doing dailys and hvt/intel right now
Agmaniacmike12
I'd like to help but I have a scratched cornea. As deathmullet stated, the prominence of similar builds and the armor cap has ruined the PVP.

Check out this video:

The video is 20 minutes long, but the first 3 minutes of combat should demonstrate the ludicrous PVP mechanics since 1.2

This game has no cover elements to the PVP, so everyone just runs around each other in combat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.