***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,739 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stash now in all DZ checkpoints and safehouses.

wee_ag
AG
Still hate cutting the ropes, but I am liking the Dark Zone Sealed Caches, a little extra element of item surprise, or supreme disappointment

FYI: The Division Twitter is highlighting some changes

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionBlog

thaed137
AG
It appears that clear sky is not as wave based as the previous one although still with those instant kill rockets, appears you could take it slower if you arent' as good. See how much that holds true.
jeffk
AG
The loot from a cut rope just explodes around the extraction site.
jeffk
AG
I like the rope cutting mechanism - you go rogue as soon as you begin the action. leave plenty of time to take them down if you have a group and you're vulnerable sitting dead still in the open.

Lots more high-end gear to collect and use.

Caches look cool - each contains items and DZ funds and tech.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I like the rope cutting mechanism - you go rogue as soon as you begin the action. leave plenty of time to take them down if you have a group and you're vulnerable sitting dead still in the open.
Makes for even less reasons to play solo - awful implementation.

The four new gear sets look interesting.
TheVarian
AG
Looked like they have an AA-12 as one of the new shotguns
thaed137
AG
1st set forget name - 50% exotic damage and resistance, 4 piece lets you diffuse grenades/mortars after you do grenade damage, pretty sweet for incursions

Hunter set - More dmg to marksman rifles, you get resistance buff for long distance shots depending on distance you shoot and lets you exceed armor caps.

Lonestar? - More ammo cap / lmg and shotgun dmg / everytime you switch weapon or holster, you automatically refill the gun ( so run two shotguns and swtich guns they are already reloaded automatically even if one bullet at a time.)

Predator - assualt rifle dmg / extended range / everytime you hit 10 bullets on a single target you apply bleed that does same dmg that 10th bullet did
dcaggie04
AG
Final Measure is the 1st gear set they showed.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know. unless you are going to go rope-cutting solo, you should still be able to extract. It'll still be tedious to find a place to extract where you can do it without getting gunned-down, but it's kind of always been that way.
thaed137
AG
I actually find it the opposite, it is now easier to rogue and run single. Follow a group of four to their extraction. If they leave early cause you shield your pulse, you can run up, take cut the rope, grab their loot and run off the timer before they can kill and get a free full bag of gear basically.

Running solo you always had the risk of being killed for your loot so not as much changes.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't know. unless you are going to go rope-cutting solo, you should still be able to extract. It'll still be tedious to find a place to extract where you can do it without getting gunned-down, but it's kind of always been that way.
The issue is getting your stuff jacked after attaching it. If you're playing solo you attach and run to get away from any potential NPCs or trolls which is already hard enough. Now you have to wait and try to defend it from up to 4 other players and defend yourself from other NPC spawns. At least when you are killed while attaching you have a chance at some private items that can't get stolen. Now they're all gone. Who does that benefit except group and high level players?
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I actually find it the opposite, it is now easier to rogue and run single. Follow a group of four to their extraction. If they leave early cause you shield your pulse, you can run up, take cut the rope, grab their loot and run off the timer before they can kill and get a free full bag of gear basically.

Running solo you always had the risk of being killed for your loot so not as much changes.
Except nobody is going to leave the extraction zone until there stuff is actually extracted.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Agreed WeeAg.

Soloing just became awful. It was at least manageable. They should really give a buff to non-partied agents depending on the number in the party they encounter. If you get hit by someone in a party of 4 you should get a 4x shield multiplier or something.
jeffk
AG
You may be right. I guess we'll find out pretty quick.

I've been in servers where I couldn't extract without getting killed by rogues now and I've been in servers where not a soul bothered me as a solo player. Just going to depend on how the other players are playing at the time.
Joseph Parrish
AG
I actually play this game. If any ags want to join up on Xbox, my username is JParrish65. I'm usually the jackass going rogue all the time...just a heads up.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Agreed WeeAg.

Soloing just became awful. It was at least manageable. They should really give a buff to non-partied agents depending on the number in the party they encounter. If you get hit by someone in a party of 4 you should get a 4x shield multiplier or something.
you realize ppl would just leave party and run together so that they have the buff.
TexasAggie_02
AG
just had a thought. If you are on a quiet server, could you call in an extraction, and cut your own rope? You could go rogue without actually killing anyone, and then just run out a 90 sec timer for credits. A lot of times when we are in DZ 5/6, none of the landmarks are going down, so you know you're the only one up there, so it could theoretically work. you would essentially go rogue on yourself.

TexasAggie_02
AG

2 pieces of lonestar give +100% ammo capacity. I have a reckless chest that is +45% or something, and the police backpack is +75%. I know the chest and backpack stack on each other, I'm wondering if the lone star perk will stack as well. That would be 220% ammo at each restock.
thaed137
AG
I'll be honest, I'm really happy with those kind of gear sets and more unique perks.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, a new group of four really opens up the number of combinations you can put together to fit playing styles/situations.
Agmaniacmike12
I'm digging those new gear sets,especially Hunter's Faith. I'd like to see them eventually implement servers for different sized groups. Servers with 1-2 player groups should be split from 3-4 person groups. Cutting rope feature is interesting, but brutal for solo players.
wee_ag
AG
Oh, a heads up if you missed it. To unlock the High Value Targets for each section of the city you need to clear all missions and side missions first. So this weekend is going to be a bit busy.
jeffk
AG
I got a holster!! Yay!!!

Too bad it's tactician's authority... the only set I really wasn't using. So now if either use it by itself for minimal benefit, or redesign my build with more focus on electronics.

Plus, the servers were all jacked up this afternoon - got booted from a incursion run three times (luckily the other three guys were high enough levels and cool enough not to be stressed by it) and then game would just randomly error me out to the main menu while I was just farting around the BOO.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
I got a holster!! Yay!!!

Too bad it's tactician's authority... the only set I really wasn't using. So now if either use it by itself for minimal benefit, or redesign my build with more focus on electronics.

Plus, the servers were all jacked up this afternoon - got booted from a incursion run three times (luckily the other three guys were high enough levels and cool enough not to be stressed by it) and then game would just randomly error me out to the main menu while I was just farting around the BOO.

You're going to see a lot more Tac after this Sentry nerf.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
You'll still want a 4 set Sentry in your group to mark.
jeffk
AG
Found a Midas going DZ solo.

Thought I had found a safe EZ on my third attempt only to get ambushed and killed as I was attaching my loot.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I was just farting around the BOO.
Going to the boo boo boo
How about you you you?
You can come too too too!
We're going to the boo boo boo....
jeffk
wee_ag
AG
1.2 Patch notes released (they're long, I'm not reposting them all here):

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-251907-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Ok, I'll post some new highlights I hadn't seen

• Added new high-end named weapons in the game.

• Hungry Hog: M60 Light Machinegun
    • Centurion: M1911 Pistol
    • Medved: SAIGA12 Shotgun
    • Historian: M1A Marksman Rifle
    • (Showstopper - AA12 Shotgun): Please note that while the Showstopper will be implemented in the game with this update, it will not be acquirable in-game until update 1.3
  • The Historian high-end marksman rifle is now available.

GAMEPLAY

• When a player is at max level, matchmaking for Hard and Challenge mode will now only seek players that are Level 30.
  • Armor damage mitigation cap has been increased to 75%.
  • Improved weapon blind fire and overall handling while in cover.
  • Reduced damages from level 34 NPCs using Shotguns and Sniper rifles.
  • Gear Score will now only take into account the equipped weapon with the highest Gear Score, and discard the other two. This will prevent players from equipping low quality weapons to voluntarily reduce their Gear Score.
  • Increased Gear Score requirement of Falcon Lost to better represent its difficulty (note that the difficulty of this Incursion hasn't changed)

• Hard Mode: Gear Score 160
    • Challenge Mode: Gear Score 180
shertown04
AG

• The extraction departure timer once the helicopter arrived has been increased to 60 seconds.

• Shooting a player while they are interacting with an object will cause the timer to push back. (such as opening a supply crate or hijacking an extraction)

So if you want to wait until the last second to attach, you will have an extra 30 seconds to defend/wait. With the second point...that doesn't seem like you would ever be able to finish cutting the rope. I doubt someone will go six seconds without shooting you while you are stealing their stuff. I guess the group could try to protect the rope cutter but six seconds is a long time to not catch a stray bullet and keep resetting the timer. I could also see more people trying to swoop in and steal supply drops now that you can reset their timer from a distance and there is potentially better stuff to get from it. Running solo just looks more and more impossible.

Also if running DZ05/06 was hard doing solo before (and still is for me), now you will have to change up our gear to make sure you stay below the 201 GS since DZ05/06 from the 161+ DZ and DZ01/02 from the 201+ DZ should be about the same level.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Shooting a player while they are interacting with an object will cause the timer to push back. (such as opening a supply crate or hijacking an extraction)

Hmmm...
thaed137
AG
Just to clarify, I believe the rope will still leave after 4 pieces are attached, no mention in changing that so the additional 30 seconds is just to give you more time if NPCs or Rogues show up. Secondly, the timer will not reset completely. One bullet might cause you to have to do 6.3 seconds instead of 6 seconds to cut. They are saying that a person sustaining constant fire would not be able to cut it, therefore making the thought that you could pop survivor link and cut it was put to rest, at least I hope so.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Also if running DZ05/06 was hard doing solo before (and still is for me), now you will have to change up our gear to make sure you stay below the 201 GS since DZ05/06 from the 161+ DZ and DZ01/02 from the 201+ DZ should be about the same level.
I'm also a little confused about the gear score/dz level. Could you arm low level guns and just switch them out with higher stuff from your inventory once you are in the dz? Or maybe it forces a server transition to a higher level once something higher is armed...
jeffk
AG
They're changing the way they calculate gear score to keep people from sandbagging using low score weapons.

quote:
Gear Score will now only take into account the equipped weapon with the highest Gear Score, and discard the other two. This will prevent players from equipping low quality weapons to voluntarily reduce their Gear Score.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.