***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,753 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
abram97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have not played in a few weeks. And not much at that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'll tell myself I'll likely pick it back up when the DLC comes, but I don't think that will actually happen. With the Destiny expansion, Bioshock Collection, and Battlefield 1 + football season right around the corner I think I'm done. I had fun and got $70 worth of satisfaction out of it.
I didn't even make it to the first DLC pack, but it was still a good buy and I enjoyed it while I played it. The problem is I felt like if I put it down to play something else for a couple weeks I got way too far behind. And after a tough stretch at work where I didn't play for like 3+ weeks I didn't have the motivation to grind back up again.

I keep telling myself, never ever ever buy the DLC ahead of time because I'm usually on to something else by the time the 2nd or 3rd pack is coming out. Battlefield is typically the only exception.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
The problem is I felt like if I put it down to play something else for a couple weeks I got way too far behind.
i feel ya. I was staying up way too late just trying to keep up. Destiny is grindy too, but I have no problem stopping at a reasonable hour. I hated at the end of year 1 of Destiny when most of my gear that i grinded out had become obsolete, but after seeing my gear become worthless after 1 month of the Division, i decided that one year of usefulness in Destiny wasn't so bad.
jeffk
AG
Only jump on about once a week now. I really want to max out my UG level, but it's such a grind to gain XP there. Plus, all you guys quit playing, so my DZ time took a nosedive too - I'm just not up for the trouble of matchmaking with randoms most nights.
thaed137
AG
I have started to use Discord for matchmaking. If I am going to play for a few hours usually provides me with a better more team oriented group. For those of you without many friends still playing, it's a pretty good app to use.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-division-dlcs-delayed-so-ubisoft-can-focus-on-fixing-the-core-game/?utm_content=buffer82fa7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer-oxmfb

quote:
Ubisoft is hitting pause on The Division's DLC release schedule and turning its attention to the core game instead. A post on the game's official website today announced that the developers have decoupled plans for the next big update from Survival, The Division's second paid DLC expansion.
Ubisoft says it's going to focus on fixing a bunch of The Division's persistent glitches and mechanical headaches instead. Here's the target list "for update 1.4 and beyond":
  • Fixing bugs, including those listed in our Known Issues as well as many other ones
  • Making loot drops more relevant to the player
  • Enemy difficulty and time to kill
  • Gear Sets and weapons rebalancing
  • Solo player experience
  • Dark Zone and PvP balancing
  • Quality of life additions based on community suggestions (such a weapon skins no longer taking inventory space)

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Y'all remember this game? Yeah me either...but this crept up today...

Patch 1.4
http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-25048-The-Division-s-1-4-Update-Will-Reduce-Enemy-Time-To-Kill--Smooth-Out-Difficulty---Make-Loot--More-Rewarding-.html

• Time-to-kill enemies will be reduced
  • The difficulty spikes will be smoothed out
  • Loot drops will be 'more rewarding'
  • Solo players will be rewarded equally to team players
  • Solo players 'should be able to play most content' the same way team players do
  • A Public Test Server is going live for all PC players on September 19th.
thaed137
AG
I've still been playing and following it. They invited some players out to their facilities which is pretty sweet and are at least pretending to do their best to revitalize the game. I am in it for the season pass and I still have fun playing so keeping at it to see if they can get it back on track.

They have been pretty radio silent until next Tuesday I think they will drop all the changes to expect in 1.4 which is supposed to focus on a lot of the above. Hoping they really make some solid foundation changes so that they can build upward with survival and last stand expansions. If the game still feels the same after, and RNG is still what it is, that would probably kill it for me and just check in for expansions to see if they are worth it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
they are adding a test server to the PC version, so hopefully user feedback will help them to better rollout patches in the future
E
AG
I started a second character and had a fun time replaying the game from the start with all the new updates
jr15aggie
AG
Just saw an article title:

"The Division's Problem testing server is... having problems!"

ROFL, that's awesome!
thaed137
AG
Yah they just pushed back the announcement of 1.4 details from I think Tuesday. Thursday they should have notes but no game play like they had originally planned on Tuesday.

Apparently so far confirmed:

- Checkpoints on Falcon Lost
- Ammo crates refill magazines (QOL fix)
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Checkpoints on Falcon Lost
i wonder if they will stop raising the gear score of FL drops, as they were the best gear sets and the only reason ppl still played FL?
92Ag95
AG
Flash in the pan.

Everyone I know is back to Destiny and awaiting BF1.

Division is in the trash heap.

They sure mismanaged that game and dlc.
gumby579
AG
quote:
Flash in the pan.

Everyone I know is back to Destiny and awaiting BF1.

Division is in the trash heap.

They sure mismanaged that game and dlc.
After waiting so long for this damn game to be released (it felt like 3 different years at E3) I wanted to keep playing but the grind is just too damn brutal. I hadn't played in about a month (FIFA and BF4) and tried to play last night. I just couldn't bear it, didn't entertain me anymore.
thaed137
AG
1.4 Patch Updates so far:

Difficulty progression / changes
Now you can play normal/hard mode missions without big problems but the gap between hard and challenge mode is huge and you basically need challenge mode gear to even play that content.

Reworking the difficulty scaling in endgame
  • Greater granularity
  • Even transition to endgame not huge difficulty spikes
  • Better loot and mission rewards
  • linear equipment progression
  • Support solo players
  • RPG/Shooter experience back
  • Clearer path through endgame, what to do, where to get better gear and what you need to do, to get a progression

New World Level
  • Players can now select the World Level when they hit level 30.
  • You are able to set the level of the NPCs and the loot to a specific level.
  • Named roamers are back in the open-world (Bullet King lives!) and now you can farm open-world again
  • The World Level can be changed at any time
  • There will not be level 34 / 35 NPCs
  • The World levels will be unlocked as you progress

The World Level will affect the enemy levels of:
  • Missions
  • Open World
  • Incursions
  • Underground

World Level impact
  • Tier 1 (Level 30 enemies GS 163 loot (rare 182)) no challenge mode
  • Tier 2 (Level 31 enemies GS 182 loot ) challenge mode is available
  • Tier 3 (Level 32 enemies GS 204 loot )
  • Tier 4 (Level 33 enemies GS 229 loot ) heroic mode in Incursions

Normal / Hard / Challenge / Heroic selection
  • Challenge-mode will not be scaled to four players, so you can play it solo now.
  • Elite NPCs are now smarter than before so they will not be just bullet sponges but move faster and more tactical.
  • Heroic will only be available for Incursions
  • This difficulty will not increase enemy level but the amount of loot you get
  • That is the same for solo and group players

Gear Score Changes
  • Max Gear Score will be 229, so Gear Sets have the same as the highest possible high-end
  • High-End items will be more important now, since they are at the same level as Gear Sets

Loot
  • All enemies are able to drop the best loot of that Tier. But of course trash mobs have a less chance than a named enemy.
  • Trash-mobs in Incursion are not included in that.

Matchmaking
  • You matchmake with people on your World Level
  • You can also play with players on a higher World Level and get the loot-drops from there (power leveling)
  • You can also join players in a lower World Level to help them out

Dark Zone / PVP
  • Dark Zone selects the World Level for you
  • PVE Dark Zone: they are listening, but there will not be specific Dark Zone Changes in 1.4
  • The World Level also applies to the Dark Zone
  • The Dark Zone Bracket is still calculated based on your gear score
jeffk
AG
This may get me back into the game... until BF1 drops in a month.
TexasAggie_02
AG
nice update, but too little too late for me.

Destiny Rise of Iron is next week.

I still have several games that i've started and never finished that i plan to go back to after Destiny.
92Ag95
AG
quote:

I still have several games that i've started and never finished that i plan to go back to after Destiny.
This

Division trying to hang around like a girlfriend who got fat.
wee_ag
AG
quote:

I'm not paying $30 for one DLC... Talk about mismanaging a game.

I'm thinking of making a new Division toon and starting from scratch. Anyone else want to jump in?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Talk about mismanaging a game.
We are on the division thread right?
thaed137
AG
I could be convinced to get a 3rd character to lvl 30.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Talk about mismanaging a game.
We are on the division thread right?
We are... I'm confused as to why it's focused on Destiny now.
TheVarian
AG
Bless your heart
Madmarttigan
AG
Those changes sound great but too bad I dont care anymore either. This game doesnt have the fan base like Diablo does for when they fixed everything and everyone came rushing back.

Difficulty should have always scaled off of being solo versus in a group, and getting terrible loot while farming harder mobs/modes should not have occurred.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This. I don't know why people can't look at games like WoW and just mimic that. It's like they dumped the legos on the floor and started piecing crap together. Unfortunately for me I bought into the early hype and am the proud owner of the Premiuim Ed of the game that includes everything. So....I'll eventually check the new content out.
thaed137
AG
A lot more information about 1.4 is out.

1.4 Update

A lot of really positive changes it looks like. Makes me a lot more positive about this.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
A lot more information about 1.4 is out.

1.4 Update

A lot of really positive changes it looks like. Makes me a lot more positive about this.
Holy crap that's a lot of changes.

Here's their quick and dirty recap of the changes:

Recap of gear changes:
  • All gear in World Tier 2 and higher will have all three base stats Firearms, Stamina, Electronics on them, one of these stats will be higher than the others.
  • Other bonuses, like crit chance and headshot damage, will be scaled down to fit the new game balance.
  • Gear will lose their skill bonuses, but backpacks, holsters and knee pads will gain new performance mod slots, making them easier to customize to fit your build.
  • Gear Sets will have their Gear Score adjusted to the same levels as High End gear.
  • Stat overlaps between Gear Scores have been removed.
  • High End gear talents have been rebalanced.
  • Scavenging has been removed from the game.

Recap of weapon changes:
  • We want to return The Division to feel more like a shooter, similar to the experience during the 1-30 game.
  • New DPS formula on weapons has been introduced, but is a work in progress and will change over the course of the PTS.
  • The damage and roles of certain weapons have been changed. Some weapons have seen a damage increase; others have had their damage lowered.
  • Named weapons will not be changed in this update.
  • Weapon mods will now come with one major bonus and an amount of smaller bonuses, depending on the quality of the mod.
  • Damage bonuses are now additive instead of multiplicative, reducing the current spikes in damage which made the game hard to balance.
  • The Firearms stat will become a much more significant source of damage output, leading to more decision making when building your character.
  • Weapon talents have been rebalanced; some have been buffed, others have seen their numbers reduced.
  • The identity of your gear will remain the same, even if the scale of stats and bonuses might change.

Recap of armor changes:
  • Stamina will be the main source of toughness.
  • Armor value will have different results of damage mitigation depending on the World Tier you are in.

Recap of Gear Set rebalancing:
  • The four-piece bonuses of Gear Sets have been rebalanced.
  • Two-piece bonuses will focus more on utility instead of stat bonuses.
  • Five-piece bonuses have been removed from the game.
  • Reclaimer and BLIND have their four-piece bonuses inactive on the initial PTS version while they are being worked on.

Recap of skill changes:
  • Electronics will be the main source of Skill Power.
  • Skill Power will not scale linearly anymore, instead it will follow a curve of diminishing returns.
  • Certain skills are currently much more popular than others. Some skills are overpowered, others underpowered or bugged.
  • Skills have been rebalanced to fit the new game balance or to bring them up to par, in the hopes of creating a more varied meta.
  • First Aid no longer allows for multiple heals, since those happened due to a bug. First Aid's healing has been increased to make up for this fix. It will now heal instantly.
  • Smart Cover and Pulse have been reworked. Smart Cover is now more defensive and Pulse's high damage boost has been lowered to make it balanced with the new enemy health.
  • Ballistic Shield and Support Station have been given more health. Support Station's healing has been increased.
  • Many bugs associated with skills have been fixed.

Signature Skills also getting changes - Survivor Link nerfed while Recovery and Tactical get buffs.

Engine10
AG
Bullet sponge meta aside, I wish this game could have expanded to larger teams.

I know the core of the game is based on a first response, limited resource capability and the game is meant to be small and intimate that way.

I would have loved a 10 player team response to a massive LMB resurgence in the wake of the division/JTF retaking central manhattan. No parties allowed, all 10 must work together tactically to stay alive and stave off the massive assault. Create a "hey I don't know you but let's save this city" feel.

Sigh. RIP in peace division
thaed137
AG
Appears the major update to the game will drop on the 25th. It has a lot of changes some which have been mentioned above. I haven't played but a little bit here and there but will give it a shot to see if the update has helped. Hoping the game is fun again otherwise I'll probably have to find another game to sink my time into and just open this up when the DLC comes out since I bought the season pass.
dcaggie04
AG
1.4 dropped today. May fiddle with the changes later this week to see if it made any real difference to get me to play it anymore.
thaed137
AG
First reviews on reddit to summarize:

• Time to kill and be killed are much better, no multiple clips in one guy.
  • There is a lot more loot that can drop form everywhere including buying caches
  • All content, except incursions, is geared to group so solo is possible on everything including challenging.

Those are the major changes that were addressed along with a thousand other things that appear to be fixed in first day or so atleast. Going to hop on for a bit tonight and see if it is indeed aligned with that.
thaed137
AG
Played for about an hour last night. Had to go back through a lot of my weapons and re-organize with the new buffs. They have new sorting features to make it easier which is nice. Numbers are pretty different so takes getting used to what is normal again.

First, I went off and killed The Bullet King. Had a random enemy drop a gold 229 M60 which was nice. Most of the reds fell quick and the purple and gold seemed challenging, as everyone is lvl 33 in world tier 4. I have a semi-glass build for a predators mark w/ sentry. Enjoyed it a lot more than in previous versions.

I played a S&D mission and damn it was tough. Skills don't recharge as quick as they used to and I got lucky as my super skill was on the health one and it instant revived me. It was definitely challenging but fun. Didn't get a ton of drops from this.

I then did an easy weekly HVT. By the end I was out of medkits and had to retreat a few times to regroup but made it through and killed the boss. I ended up getting 4x229 pieces and 3x229 set pieces. I thought that was a ton of loot and definitely worth it.

I then did a hard mission with a group. The mission was pretty easy and we didn't really struggle too much with it although one of us would occasionally go down when we got rushed but my super would revive them from down or dead state so that was awesome. Got golds from that.

Overall, the game seems to have made some much needed improvements and is where it should have been on day one. I'm going to spend a bit more time getting organized and pushing towards heroic incursions to see what the hardest aspect of the game feels like, then off to the underground.
wee_ag
AG
So, the new Survival expansion sounds pretty cool, plus you can play in squads. Think I may give this game another try.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-divisions-new-survival-mode-is-surprisingly-good
TheVarian
AG
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2816973

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.