***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,749 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm still low 20s I think... Looks like I'll have to get all my crap the honest way.

Sucks though... All you losers who have time to play this game a lot get even better gear cause you can exploit the early glitches. Its what's wrong with this country!
they are the first wave.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm still low 20s I think... Looks like I'll have to get all my crap the honest way.

And now I see a YouTube video where a guy explains how you should have two level 30 characters because they share Phoenix credits. I'm at the tail end if a mini vacation with the wife... Feels like I need to get back and stop slacking off from my game responsibilities!
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

And now I see a YouTube video where a guy explains how you should have two level 30 characters because they share Phoenix credits. I'm at the tail end if a mini vacation with the wife... Feels like I need to get back and stop slacking off from my game responsibilities!

Haha. Yeah my play time is limited to after 8 pm on nights I'm not already dead-tired. Plus, we've been out of town every weekend since release. I may make level 30 by May.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

if you really needed regular credits or crafting materials, having a level 4 character is helpful. I saw the rate of return on reddit last week, but i don't have the link. Green items are the cheapest for lvl 4 and under. so you can buy all the green gear from the vendors for cheap, put them in your stash, and then move them to a level 30 character to break them down (you get more mats when you are a 30, apparently)

Conversely, if you are full of mats, but need more of the regular credits (sometimes the special weapons vendor has something decent). You can farm the DZ and send all that purple gear to your level 4 alt. They will get more $$ for breaking it down then your level 30 would.

I haven't bothered to try this b/c it's a lot of switching back and forth between characters.
gumby579
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
you can glitch to the end of the police academy mission. too bad it only goes up to hard, no challenge difficulty.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:

I do like that they are at least having some fun with it.
slickag2007
AG
What does everyone think of the Caduceus? Randomly pulled one off of a bounty boss.
gumby579
AG
quote:
What does everyone think of the Caduceus? Randomly pulled one off of a bounty boss.
Lucky dog! I'll let you know what I think when I finally get one...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Liked it in the first beta, likes the liberator in the second beta. Have the liberator currently in the game and it sprays bullets like there is no tomorrow.
gumby579
AG
On a serious note...Russian Consulate on challenging can go **** itself
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Ah I see another person has found the joys of that mission. Did you finish it?
Kampfers
AG
Yeah it's more time effective to just continually run Lincoln tunnel or Lexington Event Center on Challenging than doing the daily challenging mission.

Hopefully the changes to the DZ will make that more worthwhile as well.
gumby579
AG
quote:
quote:
Ah I see another person has found the joys of that mission. Did you finish it?
Heck no. I was in with 3 randoms and we made it upstairs but kept getting murdered there. Need to grab 4 of us and we can give it a run.
TexasAggie_02
AG
had an awesome time in the DZ last night. Finally hit 30, and ran the Dailies first. My gear was still crap though, b/c i hadn't bought or crafted anything up to that point. 3 friends and I venture into the DZ and in the first chest we came across I got a socom m1a. I was pretty stoked, b/c i was currently using a blue first wave m1a, and sorely needed a better one.

We went straight to one of the DZ01 extraction areas, but a group of 4 came in behind us and used up all the tie-ons wile we were dealing with NPCs. So we call for another extraction, but these guys just hung around even though they just loaded off their gear, so we left and went all the way up to DZ 03 to extract. I was able to get my SOCOM safely extracted for later.

After that, we went on up to DZ04 (we were also trying to unlock all the safehouses, so we kept pushing up). One of my friends got a HE weapon drop. We ran to an extraction (they called it the library, but i honestly don't know). While waiting on the extraction, we notice Rogue indicators on the edges of our radar. When we checked the map, there were EIGHT of them heading to our extraction zone. we high-tailed it out of there, and spent a really long time just ducking around the map. Unless they pinged us (or we started an extraction), they wouldn't know where we were.

We ended up between the rogues and a group of cleaners at one point, and i died. I respawned with the rogues in-between me and my friends, and had to make a huge sweep around the dark zone by myself. The rogues finally went back down to DZ02-03 and stayed down there the rest of the night, and we were able to extract my friend's HE in DZ05.

After last night, I have purple gear in almost every slot. I just have to get my DZ level up so that i can buy HE blueprints and start crafting.

That was definitely a fun time trying to avoid 8 rogues.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
had an awesome time in the DZ last night. Finally hit 30, and ran the Dailies first. My gear was still crap though, b/c i hadn't bought or crafted anything up to that point. 3 friends and I venture into the DZ and in the first chest we came across I got a socom m1a. I was pretty stoked, b/c i was currently using a blue first wave m1a, and sorely needed a better one.

We went straight to one of the DZ01 extraction areas, but a group of 4 came in behind us and used up all the tie-ons wile we were dealing with NPCs. So we call for another extraction, but these guys just hung around even though they just loaded off their gear, so we left and went all the way up to DZ 03 to extract. I was able to get my SOCOM safely extracted for later.

After that, we went on up to DZ04 (we were also trying to unlock all the safehouses, so we kept pushing up). One of my friends got a HE weapon drop. We ran to an extraction (they called it the library, but i honestly don't know). While waiting on the extraction, we notice Rogue indicators on the edges of our radar. When we checked the map, there were EIGHT of them heading to our extraction zone. we high-tailed it out of there, and spent a really long time just ducking around the map. Unless they pinged us (or we started an extraction), they wouldn't know where we were.

We ended up between the rogues and a group of cleaners at one point, and i died. I respawned with the rogues in-between me and my friends, and had to make a huge sweep around the dark zone by myself. The rogues finally went back down to DZ02-03 and stayed down there the rest of the night, and we were able to extract my friend's HE in DZ05.

After last night, I have purple gear in almost every slot. I just have to get my DZ level up so that i can buy HE blueprints and start crafting.

That was definitely a fun time trying to avoid 8 rogues.
If you have upgraded the tech wing at your BoO to unlock the special gear vendor, check him out. All of his gear and blueprints are purchased with phoenix credits. I've picked up the Vector blueprint and the heavy magazine blueprint (both HE level). I use the Vector as my primary weapon and it is really good. Also, crafted a couple of the heavy mags and got really good rolls including 101.5% magazine size which is great for both the vector and the socom m1a I use as my base setup.
Madmarttigan
AG
Until they buff the high end drop rate for me to correctly itemize my gear I'm kind of maxed out with 150k dps, 80k health and 26k skill power.

I did quite a few rounds in DZ6 this morning only saw 1 high end. It really needs to happen every few bosses so you can still work for small upgrades and slightly better stats.
slickag2007
AG
I logged in this morning to try my hand at a daily mission. Used matchmaking to find 3 other people, and when I got to their "world" there was no way into the mission itself. The gate was closed with no way to open it. Has that happened to anyone else? I also ran around the DZ alone this morning, and consequently got murdered over and over by yellow enemies.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, i know about the Vector blueprint. I just hit 30 last night, so i don't have enough PHX Credits yet (think i'm around 70-something).
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I logged in this morning to try my hand at a daily mission. Used matchmaking to find 3 other people, and when I got to their "world" there was no way into the mission itself. The gate was closed with no way to open it. Has that happened to anyone else? I also ran around the DZ alone this morning, and consequently got murdered over and over by yellow enemies.
there's an angry thread on reddit about it. not sure what the solution is though.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
OMG this guy is making die laughing. Queue laugh/cry.

"I'm like a dark zone ninja!!!"
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Now that's funny!
LeftyHound
AG
quote:

170k DPS?!? I was happy with the 65k I just got to.

How is he that high but not even to Level 30 in the DZ yet?
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's some seriously funny ****.
Madmarttigan
AG
If you want to massively increased your dps quickly, first thing you should work on crafting is a vector and a high end extended magazine with + rate of fire.

I use the midas because I like it better, but almost any gun with the high end magazine will gain a MASSIVE amount of dps. That is probably the most important high end thing you can craft initially for dps. You can also use it on all future weapons. I believe the blueprint is at the guy in the base.

Dark zone rank is a sham right now. Dark zone 50 does not give you any special gear, the blue prints you currently see for dark zone credits are item level 30, while the ilvl 31 blue prints are in the very north DZ vendor and still cost pheonix credits. It is useful for the purposes of finding the right blue print stamina/firearms/electronics for which piece of gear you want to craft, but you really aren't gaining anything by getting to 50. I was really excited when I hit 50 and then noticed that anything you can buy for DZ credits is basically worthless, and almost equivalent to your ilvl 31 purples.

I'm also still not impressed with the drop rate on high ends, they need to learn from Diablo 3's initial mistakes and fix that ASAP or people will be jumping ship before their first content patch.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
I'm also still not impressed with the drop rate on high ends, they need to learn from Diablo 3's initial mistakes and fix that ASAP or people will be jumping ship before their first content patch.
People were already complaining about drop rate of HE items less than a week after the game dropped. They are the people that want every end game type item dropped for them in the first 24 hours. If that doesn't happen, then the game is "broken". If the drop rate isn't at least 90%, people will be in a uproar.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
quote:

170k DPS?!? I was happy with the 65k I just got to.

How is he that high but not even to Level 30 in the DZ yet?
He's currently at 182k I think. And I've heard of people getting over 200k.

Watch the rest of his videos. He shows you how to do it. Of course it's dependent on drops...
Madmarttigan
AG
You can do it if you really want to sacrifice health and skill power, but I think a balance is a better way to build your character.
gumby579
AG
So I joined a random group in the DZ last night and one decided to go rogue. After a few minutes of being chased and in firefights we went on the manhunt. Climbed to top of some building across from the DZ and almost made it. 45 seconds left before we all died. I didn't lose a huge amount of experience so I wasn't too pissed about it. I'm glad they fixed that.
TexasAggie_02
AG
thedivisionagent.com has a pretty bad ass dark zone map. Looks like it was made with the google maps API, and it lets you build and share your own DZ runs.

Here's a couple that i've mapped out that i plan on trying tonight. There are no arrows to show the flow,but the first one starts in the lower right, and the second one starts in the upper left.

Short DZ Run

Long DZ Run
TexasAggie_02
AG

New "Bullet King." Long live Hutch!!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
New "Bullet King." Long live Hutch!!
Nice... too bad I'm still 8 levels away from 30 and I'm camping with the family most of the weekend. No way I hit 30 before they patch this one!!! Ugh!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm in for hutching it up tonight
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I'm in for hutching it up tonight

I'll be on after 9
TexasAggie_02
AG
sorry, ran the dailies with some friends, and by that time you were in a party. Instead of hutchin' it up, we ran through the DZ for awhile. I got 2 High End drops, a weapon mod and a Midas. But the Midas was stolen from my clutches while extracting . I accidentally went rogue trying to shoot a baseball bat rioter. The 3 other guys at the extraction then turned on me, so I doubled down and tried to fight them off with my security link, when what i should've done was pop the security link and my revive station and try to extract while they shot at me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.