***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,743 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
...or you know, tell your friend that another agent swept through and grabbed it while they were dead.
Well, that would work if they never pay attention to any words on the bottom left corner of their screen.
does it really say what people get? i've never paid attention.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Your next dead loot drop is mine!
I can see it now... "Oh man, I'm sorry, I was coming to revive you but I just couldn't get there in time". My loot will be all yours... enjoy the trendy jeans that I decided was worth picking up for whatever reason.

But the trading thing will be nice. It will actually be worthwhile to pick up your friends stuff before some random comes and scoops it up instead. Pretty sure when I "stole" the gold gear last night there were randoms to our left fighting the yellow 32 NPCs with us. If I hadn't gotten it they would have... at least, that's what I tell myself so I can look in the mirror w/out shame!
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
...or you know, tell your friend that another agent swept through and grabbed it while they were dead.
Well, that would work if they never pay attention to any words on the bottom left corner of their screen.
does it really say what people get? i've never paid attention.
Yep. It will say who took it and what they took. The name of the person is in grey/white. If they just take DZ funds or DZ keys (which all anyone has to do is run by the drop), that lettering is grey/white. If they pick up an item, the item name will show up as that color lettering (purple items show as purple lettering and HE items show as yellow lettering.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Pretty sure when I "stole" the gold gear last night there were randoms to our left fighting the yellow 32 NPCs with us. If I hadn't gotten it they would have... at least, that's what I tell myself so I can look in the mirror w/out shame!
That was me on my way back to y'all.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty sure when I "stole" the gold gear last night there were randoms to our left fighting the yellow 32 NPCs with us. If I hadn't gotten it they would have... at least, that's what I tell myself so I can look in the mirror w/out shame!
LOL... that was you coming from the left! Friggin A. Not that it made a difference... I wasn't worried about randoms, I thought it was an NPC gold drop that was all mine!

The sad thing is that I'm not that much of a DZ noob... I'm DZ level 28 after-all... man I just fubar'd the heck out of that last night!

"you stole my stuff"
"What, no I didn't, my inventory is full so that's impossible"
"you walked over my body and stole my money and DZ keys"
"What!? Ahhhh crap!"

"hey guys, I got a Gold drop"
"We know, something something *crap there are yellow bad guys everywhere* something something *gun fire* something something"
"OK they're dead, nice work guys... sweet, some gold armor"
"Dude, you stole his stuff again!"
"What, no that was my gold drop"
"No, we told you that was his stuff"
"What, who said that, when did you say that"
"That's what we were just talking about"
"I was too busy getting shot and running!"
"You suck"
"What if I die, can he get it back"
"Let's just go to the extraction point"
*shame*
jeffk
AG
You just need someone more n00bish that you around.

I volunteer as tribute.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
You just need someone more n00bish that you around.

I volunteer as tribute.

No thanks, man... I don't want you f*#*(%g up my life!

TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

*shame*
well, with a full pack, there is a 1 in 3 chance that he could get it back. Would be hilarious if you had to kill yourself 3 times just for him to get it back.
Madmarttigan
AG
So I have Tuesday night off. Are we forming an elite texags unit to stomp the incursion?
TexasAggie_02
AG
after Tuesday's update, all named NPCs will drop high end loot

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

• 100% Drop rate of HE gear from named characters. Gear level dependent on boss level
  • 40% drop rate of Div tech from named bosses
shertown04
AG
Anybody else have problems getting stuck inside things? Was playing through a mission last night with two random people and went to take cover next to a big storage crate and got sucked into it and a minute later one of the other guys got stuck in there with me with no way out and we couldn't travel to the third guy because he was in conflict. The other guy in there with me left the group but we had worked 20 minutes to that point so I went to kill myself and the remaining guy revived me from outside. I had to tell him to let me die and then kill myself again. It's the second time I've gotten stuck inside something while trying to take cover.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm extremely excited. Is there a way to craft level 32 gear? Highest in game is currently is 31 right?
E
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
LOL... that was you coming from the left! Friggin A. Not that it made a difference... I wasn't worried about randoms, I thought it was an NPC gold drop that was all mine!

The sad thing is that I'm not that much of a DZ noob... I'm DZ level 28 after-all... man I just fubar'd the heck out of that last night!

"you stole my stuff"
"What, no I didn't, my inventory is full so that's impossible"
"you walked over my body and stole my money and DZ keys"
"What!? Ahhhh crap!"

"hey guys, I got a Gold drop"
"We know, something something *crap there are yellow bad guys everywhere* something something *gun fire* something something"
"OK they're dead, nice work guys... sweet, some gold armor"
"Dude, you stole his stuff again!"
"What, no that was my gold drop"
"No, we told you that was his stuff"
"What, who said that, when did you say that"
"That's what we were just talking about"
"I was too busy getting shot and running!"
"You suck"
*shame*

Was I in your group last night??
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I'm extremely excited. Is there a way to craft level 32 gear? Highest in game is currently is 31 right?
i think that there will be new blueprints after the update. They had mentioned that some of the DZ 6 blueprints would be moved to the Base of Operations, and new blueprints would be added to the DZ
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like it's time to start being conservative with Phoenix Credits, or perhaps more important, your mod material. Either way the level cap is gonna go up and there will be new things to buy so I'm gonna start being smart with my purchases.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Agents,
As you already know, we will be deploying update 1.1 in a few days. This is very exciting for all of us as it will be the first major content update since the release of the game! With it, we will implement new End-Game activities and a new layer of character progression with gear score 204 (equivalent level 32) items and Gear Sets items.
However, as we add this new layer of character equipment to the game, we also wanted to seize this opportunity to address something that will change your end game experience significantly: the importance of crafting versus item drops.
STATE OF CRAFTING
The Division is primarily a RPG. As such, gearing up your character is one of the main aspects and incentives to keep playing the game once the story missions are completed and max level is reached.
As part of the End-Game loop, players are expected to obtain their equipment by trying to beat challenging activities, and be rewarded for it. As each player develops and perfects their build, he or she will be looking for very specific items that will contribute to that build. Looking for one specific item can be quite tedious, but it should also feel extremely satisfying when the item is finally acquired.
The way our crafting feature is designed is to offer an alternative for players to temporarily complete their gear, by crafting missing pieces of their level. For End-Game we want crafting and our different in-game economies to provide reliable but slower source of gear compared to loot dropped from named enemies. If after many attempts you could not find said item, you should have acquired enough materials to try to craft something similar instead. It will not replace the item, but you will still be rewarded for your persistence.
However, at the moment, loot drops are just too rare and disappointing, putting too much of an emphasis on crafting: you are looking for crafting materials and may sometimes end up dropping an interesting item in the process.
This is clearly illustrated in the following graphs. Here you can see how many Item level 31 High-End items were acquired through crafting compared to items acquired as loot drops.
As many of you pointed out in the past weeks, the end result does not provide the level of fun that we had hoped for.
To address the situation, and simply make End-Game more satisfying and more focused towards improving your build one piece at a time, we will be implementing a series of changes with update 1.1, some of which have already been communicated in the Patch Notes, and others that we are about to reveal now.
MORE HIGH-END ITEMS
From now on killing a named NPC will grant you a guaranteed High-End drop! That's right, you will now always get a High-End item from killing a named NPC of level 30+.
The gear score of said High-End will be determined by the level of the NPC. For example, a level 30 named will guarantee a gear score 163 High-End. With so much more High-End drops, you'll quickly notice that crafting High-End items, while more expensive, will not necessarily be much more complicated. To make sure that crafting remains a viable alternative, we will also increase drop rates of Division Tech materials to 40% on level 32 named enemies in the Dark Zone.
New drop tables have been designed to grant you just enough control to focus your efforts on specific NPCs, depending on your need. Each named NPC will now have more chances to grant a specific type of High-End item. By discovering the specificities of each named NPC, you will quickly learn which ones you should focus on in order to obtain specific items.
CRAFTING AS AN ALTERNATIVE
You have already seen the changes that will be brought to crafting, but let's go through them in more details here. Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:

• 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item
Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:

• Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
By changing the conversion rates, we will encourage players to use their low level materials while they are leveling up, instead of saving them until they reach level 30. It will also bring more decision making between selling and deconstructing low quality items. Most High-End materials should come from deconstructing High-End items, and not deconstructing lower quality items to then convert these materials into High-End ones. Similarly, lowering yields when deconstructing items will also lower the efficiency of items farming.
Once again, we want you to consider deconstructing and material converting as an alternative when you get an item that doesn't contribute to your build, and not the main mean to develop your build as a whole.
CONCLUSION
To sum up the list of changes brought with update 1.1 in regards to item drops and crafting, we will:

• Increase drop rates of High-End items on named NPCs (100% drop rate, actually)
  • Increase drop rates of Division Tech, to make it less of a bottleneck than it currently is
  • Modify loot tables for each named NPC, to make the hunt for loot more controlled
  • Increase conversion costs of lower quality materials to high quality ones, making it harder to convert low quality materials into high quality ones
  • Decrease construction yields, making it less interesting to farm lower quality items in order to obtain crafting materials, and because you'll get more High-End items as a whole
  • Increase cost of crafting High-End items, because High-End materials will be much easier to come by These changes will not only make crafting and dropping more coherent towards each other, but will also make it feel much more fun and rewarding.
Balancing an online game is no easy task, and while we believe that these changes are a step in the right direction for the future of the game, we will keep monitoring the situation and address what needs to be modified. But more than that, we will have an eye on all aspects of your experience, and balance things when needed. Sometimes it means making hard decisions that might not be appreciated, and when this happens we will make sure to give you the visibility you need to understand why these decisions are made.
Your feedback is very valuable to us, so keep the discussions going, we will be reading!
-The Division Team
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245982-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I'm excited about the changes. The increased drop rates should be a nice change and make the DZ more fun. I'll definitely be crafting it up with my remaining mats until that time though.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Purples just became WORTHLESs!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE!
gumby579
AG
quote:
So I have Tuesday night off. Are we forming an elite texags unit to stomp the incursion?
Ehhh....**** it I might be able to show up late to work Wednesday (or sleep at my desk)
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
Ehhh....**** it I might be able to show up late to work Wednesday (or sleep at my desk)
I'd be down, although it'll be interesting to see how it goes. If we play from 7-midnight and still haven't beaten it I may have to duck out. I can't imagine it really being that difficult. More "tricky". Just gotta make sure we don't wipe and have to start over.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i wonder if this update will increase the number of rogues? Even though there will be more HE drops, most of them will most likely be mediocre at best, which means that crafting will still be the best way to get the best gear.

Crafting HE materials is now more expensive, but HE drops occur more often, which will yield HE materials for free. Since all named enemies in the DZ now drop HE gear, that means that just about everybody you come across in the DZ will be carrying HE gear. For level 31 decked out rogues, that means easy pickin's and easy mats (at least in the short-term). Of course, they will have to be able to extract it, and you can bet your ass that if a full fireteam of rogues are at an extraction, hordes of ppl will be coming for them.
Madmarttigan
AG
We may need to blaze through dark zone to get 32 level gear to make incursion easier.

That would be wiser than going guns blazing into an incursion. 32 gear would probably give at least 10% more dmg, health, power.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yeah, since you will be getting significantly more yellow drops, crafting will be easier, I think.
Aggietaco
AG
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

jr15aggie
AG
My wife is gone tonight / this weekend so I should be on more than usual. I'll be up for anything. Time to get my DZ rank up too!
TheVarian
AG
I too am alone for da weekend, let's party in the DZ

Also, Neebs for the win
TexasAggie_02
AG
Hit DZ rank 50 last night
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I too am alone for da weekend, let's party in the DZ

Also, Neebs for the win
I should clarify... my kids are home so I will still have Dad duties. But there is typically more screen time happening when she's not around!
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
And I'll be online tonight after 9 or so for a couple hourse.
wee_ag
AG
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

That's getting too complicated... I just like shooting the bad guys and not getting shot in return!
Madmarttigan
AG
3 of those are really good definitely going to be all about your playstyle.
Madmarttigan
AG
I wonder if you will be able to do 4+2 because there are 6 gear pieces, or if there are only 4 slots that set pieces can fill.
gumby579
AG
Finally had a Midas drop in the DZ yesterday. Shout out to Kampfers for taking the literal bullet from the rogues at the extraction point so I could run like hell to the nearest safe house.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.