***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,805 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Details on the 1.1 update... Of the most interest is increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Upgrade those materials NOW.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-245851-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

That sucks, but to be fair I did feel that 5 blues for 1 Gold seemed pretty cheap. I've been breaking down weapons and converting for a long time now and just started tapping into my Gold reserves.

But this seems a bit excessive. Greens are practically useless now considering it takes 150 of them to get 1 yellow material. And 15 blues for 1 Gold seems way too high as well. How about start by doubling it to 10 instead of hitting us with a triple cost increase!
Average Joe
AG
I agree completely. I think this price increase is a little extreme. You are taking about rolling an item to try and get around 6 stats to RNG the way you want them. I've rolled some items 10 or 12 times to get what I wanted. No way I could afford to do that with the price increase. Min/max just got expensive.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
DPS Calculator folks...use it wisely.

http://www.divisiondps.com/

Madmarttigan
AG
Are you kidding me? The fact that you have to craft everything in this game is already horrible, and they are making it harder?

That is a horrible change in the wrong direction.
Agmaniacmike12
Looks like it won't take long for Massive to follow Bungie's lead. If they want people to craft less, up the drops.
jeffk
AG
Finished the last of the story missions last night and fully upgraded the base. Also outfitted with mostly purple gear (still no gold). Level 29.

Almost ready for some DZ fun.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dig6f/april_12_patch_crafting_nerf_the_maths_and_scary/

Here's some math to piss you off in regards to the new crafting system.

quote:
-------current--------
2 green mats for scrapping a green item
5 green mats to make a blue mat
5 blue mats to make a HE mat
8 HE mats to make an HE item
5x5x8=200 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 200/2=100 green items needed to make one HE item.
---------new----------
1 green mat for scrapping 1 green item
10 greens to make a blue
15 blues to make a HE
10 HE mats to make an HE item
10x15x10=1,500 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 1,500/1= 1,500 green items needed to make one HE item.
That's a 15x increase in mats required for crafting end game items!!
jeffk
AG
oof.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL... so everybody will be abandoning DZ runs in favor of running the routes to pick up scrap material from all the stores in the "normal zone" before this new patch hits. Stock up on all your HE mats now before the price goes up!!!

Speaking of, other than that and daily's I have nothing left to do in the normal zone... I have collected everything and done every possible side mission, encounter, etc. Only thing to show for it was I hit 30 well before I'd finished the main missions, some achievements, and a handful of mostly unimpressive jackets. But I am wearing and digging the Sierra jacket I got so at least that's something I guess.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4dig6f/april_12_patch_crafting_nerf_the_maths_and_scary/

Here's some math to piss you off in regards to the new crafting system.

quote:
-------current--------
2 green mats for scrapping a green item
5 green mats to make a blue mat
8 HE mats to make an HE item
5x5x8=200 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 200/2=100 green items needed to make one HE item.
---------new----------
1 green mat for scrapping 1 green item
10 greens to make a blue
15 blues to make a HE
10 HE mats to make an HE item
10x15x10=1,500 green mats needed to make one HE item. Divide by mats given from scrapping 1 green item; 1,500/1= 1,500 green items needed to make one HE item.
That's a 15x increase in mats required for crafting end game items!!

I guess it is a good thing that deconstructing green items is not the only way to get crafting mats. This is nothing more than an annoyance to me. With everyone at higher levels, people will be getting blue and purple items 90% of the time and green items 10% of the time (I'm using the item decon to get mats way more than pick up mats from cases on the map).

Doing the math for what 99% of the people will really be dealing with most of the time:

Current:
8 HE mats to make a HE item
40 blue mats to make a HE item
Divide by mats given for scrapping 1 blue or purple item, 40/2 = 20 blue/purple items to make one HE item

New:
15 blue mats to make a HE mat
10 HE mats to make a HE item
150 blue mats to make a HE item
Divide by mats given for scrapping 1 blue or purple item, 150/2 = 75 blue/purple items to make one HE item.

That is a 3.75x increase.

So if the only way you get your mats is to deconstruct green items, then you can flip out. If you get your mats in the normal ways, it is not really more than a minor annoyance since you may have to do more runs in the DZ or run around the map killng more things.
jr15aggie
AG
Ran my first "challenging" daily with Ags last night... really wasn't all that challenging. My character is gaining power and I can only assume the guys I ran with were pretty stocked too. You have to pay attention and be careful, but it really wasn't that bad with a good group.

After that me and a couple others decided to quickly do the "hard" challenges before calling it a night. My gosh what a cake walk. Hot knife through butter. It was past midnight finishing up the last one and I was literally falling asleep. I dozed off when the big blow torch bad guy was coming up the elevator... sorta woke up and saw him charging my buddies... I'm pretty sure I shot at him a couple times but I don't remember him dying. I woke up enough to collect my gear/creds and say "goodnight".

Just proving that once you start getting some HE gear you can beat hard mode in your sleep!
gumby579
AG
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
Ran my first "challenging" daily with Ags last night... really wasn't all that challenging. My character is gaining power and I can only assume the guys I ran with were pretty stocked too. You have to pay attention and be careful, but it really wasn't that bad with a good group.

After that me and a couple others decided to quickly do the "hard" challenges before calling it a night. My gosh what a cake walk. Hot knife through butter. It was past midnight finishing up the last one and I was literally falling asleep. I dozed off when the big blow torch bad guy was coming up the elevator... sorta woke up and saw him charging my buddies... I'm pretty sure I shot at him a couple times but I don't remember him dying. I woke up enough to collect my gear/creds and say "goodnight".

Just proving that once you start getting some HE gear you can beat hard mode in your sleep!
Yeah, I can usually solo the hard dailies in 15-20 minutes tops. Last nights challenge mode is one of the easier ones (that one and Lincoln Tunnel are the two easier ones). Warrengate and Russian Consulate are the harder two.
E
AG
Math just complicates things, no one deconstructs green it's anyway. If you are evac-ing green items from the dark zone or going put of your way to pick them up in level 30+ missions you're doing it wrong...
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Finished the last of the story missions last night and fully upgraded the base. Also outfitted with mostly purple gear (still no gold). Level 29.

Almost ready for some DZ fun.
Dammit!

Thought I'd see you on to finish up my main missions before you surpassed me in rank. ****ed around for a half hour last night with side missions to make it to level 28.
jeffk
AG
I did the last three all last night - you should have joined up.

I'll be glad to run through them with you if you want though. Need some more item drops.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Math just complicates things, no one deconstructs green it's anyway. If you are evac-ing green items from the dark zone or going put of your way to pick them up in level 30+ missions you're doing it wrong...
i only extract yellow and purple from the DZ, but outside of the DZ i collect and deconstruct everything. I'm not going to let materials go to waste if i don't have to.
shertown04
AG
Dang it, I want in on some of this! I hit 28 last night. I haven't even ventured into the last areas yet but I've cleaned everything out of the other areas other than a few echos that glitched. I need some far better gear. GT: shertown121
Agmaniacmike12
quote:
Dang it, I want in on some of this! I hit 28 last night. I haven't even ventured into the last areas yet but I've cleaned everything out of the other areas other than a few echos that glitched. I need some far better gear. GT: shertown121
It still counts those echoes as completed, despite them not disappearing from the map.
jeffk
AG
What do you get for collecting all the echos, incident reports and cell phone recordings?
TheVarian
AG
quote:
What do you get for collecting all the echos, incident reports and cell phone recordings?

Clothes I believe.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
It still counts those echoes as completed, despite them not disappearing from the map.
I still have one echo that is bugged so it never shows as complete.
Agmaniacmike12
quote:
quote:
quote:
I still have one echo that is bugged so it never shows as complete.

Solution should start around 1:30.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:

A sense of accomplishment!
jeffk
AG
Good enough for me.

Although I will run through withering enemy fire with no sense of personal preservation to grab a new item for my wardrobe.
Average Joe
AG
I had more appearance items make it out of the DZ last night than anything else. I'm a sucker for them.
Madmarttigan
AG
Massive seems to be backpeddling from the community backlasha bit and may be elaborating on their upcoming changes. Everything might work out, I just hope it becomes more fun to play. I don't want to play to craft.

jr15aggie
AG
Apparently waiting for your buddies to die in the DZ and taking their crap is a legitimate strategy. Unfortunately for me I'm that D- bag. But not on purpose... When you are fighting level 32 yellows and see a golden drop you grab that crap! But I guess I'm not fortunate enough to get my old gold drops and I'm reduced to a clueless thief taking stuff before my fellow Aggies can respawn and reclaim their stuff.

I also learned you pretty much can't go near their corpse because you will automatically claim their keys and dz creds.

I'm so ashamed... But you should see the loot I got!
dcaggie04
AG
Your next dead loot drop is mine!
TexasAggie_02
AG
seems like 90% of high end drops are not very good. most are on par with purples, and some are even worse. But last night we killed the named boss in the Pit in DZ 5, and i got a HE chest piece with 1200 armor, 10% protection from elites, 2,000+ health, and 5% pulse duration. I forget the rest of the stats, but it was a definite upgrade from the HE chest piece that i was using.

I was scared sh*tless bc it was literally the first drop of the night (we came in at the one-way entrance right at the pit), so i was frantically picking up anything green/blue/purple to fill my pack up in case we came across some rogues. We stuck to the back alleys, and made our way to the extraction on the upper right side of DZ 4 (small parking garage extraction). That is pretty much my favorite extraction zone.

In the dozens of extractions i have made there, I've only come across other agents twice. 3 sides of it are walled off, so the only up is to take the garage ramps, or to climb over the wall. If you and a partner trade off pulsing the area, there is really no way for someone to sneak up on you, and if you are really paranoid about it, you can pop survivor link when the chopper gets there. I have never been messed with at that extraction point.

For those that don't know the area that well, it's this extraction point:
http://goo.gl/TcUiit
TexasAggie_02
AG
good news is that they will allow trading after the update, so if you accidentally pick up someone's gear, you can give it back to them.
gumby579
AG
quote:
good news is that they will allow trading after the update, so if you accidentally pick up someone's gear, you can charge them phoenix credits and give it back to them.

FIFY
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
good news is that they will allow trading after the update, so if you accidentally pick up someone's gear, you can charge them phoenix credits and give it back to them.

FIFY
it's,not that kind of trading. You will literally just drop gear on the ground like in Borderlands, and anyone else in your party will be able to pick it up. So be sure you are playing with people you trust
TexasAggie_02
AG
...or you know, tell your friend that another agent swept through and grabbed it while they were dead.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
...or you know, tell your friend that another agent swept through and grabbed it while they were dead.
Well, that would work if they never pay attention to any words on the bottom left corner of their screen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.